Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi from Delmarva

Go down 
+6
"Hi Yo"
Easyrider
Kenjj50
Cosmic_Jumper
JeffR
GeezyRider
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GeezyRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
GeezyRider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-06-29

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 pm

I live in Lower Slower Delaware, I'm pushing age 70, and I downsized to a PCX150 a couple of years ago.  The PCX is a lot of fun except when it comes to mixing it up with 60mph+ traffic.  At those speeds, the bike is at its limit and I'm not comfortable with that.

A friend of mine has an extra bike, a 2007 SW with about 4400 miles on the odometer, that he wants to sell.  A few weeks ago, I had a chance to ride the bike for a day and I quite enjoyed it.  In fact I agreed to buy it once some property I sold goes to settlement.  That should be in a couple of weeks.

This bike has been garage-kept, well maintained and is pristine.  The only mod to date is a large Givi top box.  The only nits I had to pick were the mirrors need extending for my comfort and the wind screen is only sufficient until speeds over 55mph.  Those are easy fixes.  The tires look really good but they are 9 years old and I will want to replace them only because of their age.

I'm looking forward to acquiring this bike and participating on this forum.  I have already spent a good bit of time reading the wealth of info you have here.

Thanks for being a great SW resource.

Don
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 am

Don,

Welcome to the site and best of luck with your SWing. Mirror extenders are only about $15 so you might just want to order those now so you have them. The best windshield, in my opinion, is the Givi Airflow. It maybe a bit more expensive than some others but it gives a great ride and it is very adjustable. But if you get these things and new tires you should be set for a long time. Tell us when you get it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
GeezyRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
GeezyRider

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:26 am

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions Jeff. The Airflow does seem to be a terrific option and I'm putting it on my wish list.

Don
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:41 am

Welcome to the forum Geezy.

You might also want to order a new belt to have on hand for the time when that belt-change interval (16,000 miles)  "V" light comes on. Partzilla usually has very good discounted prices.

I'm not much of a beach guy but I have enjoyed several rides in Sussex County. A lot to be said for Dogfishhead Brewery too drunken

Tim
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:54 am

Welcome from Illinois! I think you'll have much better luck in traffic on your SWing. I put Pirelli Diablos on my 2002 model when I bought it. The tires were about 6 years old. I've put 1,500 miles on the Pirellis without incident and to my great enjoyment; not a bad choice. Happy to have you join the forum. Lots of great writers and riders here!
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:51 pm

Geezy,
Wow, you have been a member since June of 2013 and only have two posts. As you mentioned, you should already know what to put in your wish list. Good luck and have fun on your new ride. Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi from Delmarva 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 4:13 pm

GeezyRider wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and the suggestions Jeff.  The Airflow does seem to be a terrific option and I'm putting it on my wish list.

Don

Don,

You might want to check out the postings on the Kappa screen. Others have said it's the same screen under a different name.
Back to top Go down
GeezyRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
GeezyRider

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the tips guys. They are much appreciated.

Don
Back to top Go down
GeezyRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
GeezyRider

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks "Hi Yo" the Kappa wind screen does look like a very good option.

Don
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Welcome to the site from Arizona. Enjoy the ride, on an SW you will have no limitations.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:03 am

Welcome from Texas
I just took my Swing out in the hill country on quite a few challenging roads, and the only limitation was the courage of the loose nut behind the bars
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:57 am

Welcome to the site Don. As you know this is the best SWing site on the net. Enjoy your SWing when you get it and keep us posted on your upgrades. I have an 08 SWing with around 25K miles on it and really enjoy riding it when weather permits here.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Welcome from Nova Scotia Don! Age is but a number. And he with a S'wing is a happy person no mater what the age dial says. Each day offers a new beginning and a new ride ! I've been coaxing my wife to consider a PCX as the S'wing is just too heavy for her. She has no interest other than in being a passenger now and then on the Silverwing. Pity !

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Delmarva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Delmarva   Hi from Delmarva I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Delmarva
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: