Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Tire Change ? ( re-post to correct forum )
by ItBeMe Today at 7:58 am

» Hello from Norfolk, VA!
by Cosmic_Jumper Today at 7:31 am

» Howdy y'all ...
by Sirkitrider Today at 7:07 am

» Braking
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Job #1 done, #2 not to sure of.
by bikehiker Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Trike Tire Change ?
by ItBeMe Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» Dusty RearWheel
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???
by Osprey Yesterday at 4:15 pm

» 2007 silverwing breaking for parts
by siataukreg Yesterday at 2:40 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 Hello everyone!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
markgable
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 6
Location : Gainesville, GA
Points : 872
Registration date : 2016-03-07

PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:00 pm

I just joined your forum today, but have been reading for a few weeks. I just purchased a 2008 SW. Mostly stock, but a Givi 214T windshield, and saddleman top box, cup holder, and cord for heated gloves.  I just installed Dr. Pulley 24g sliders (posted a question about this). I have been on dirt bikes all my life, did some hare scrambles on a GasGas 300 EXC and watched my boys race motocross while serving as pit team/mechanic.  I have never been on a road bike/scooter until purchasing the Swing.  I live just four miles south of some of the best motorcycle roads in the southeast US, (Gainesville, GA) so thought it would just be a waste to live this close to great riding and not own a street bike. Enter the Silver Wing.  After getting comfortable on the back-roads by my house and getting my license, I felt comfortable enough to take a ride through the north GA mountains...I'm hooked...consumed...obsessed maybe.  What a ball!  I will take it slow, ride within my limits and hope to become an experienced, safe, touring enthusiast.  I'm glad to have such a great resource in this forum for info on my new scooter.  I will try to contribute when I can!
Mark
Back to top Go down
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 899
Age : 73
Location : Harveyville, KS
Points : 4495
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:39 am

Welcom Mark, from Kansas... this IS the place to be... enjoy!!!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 984
Age : 71
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 2710
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:50 am

Welcome Mark to the best SWing site on the net!

I also have an 08 SWing which I love to ride whenever weather permits. I've had it out a couple times so far this year and wait for more warm dry days to ride. We usually get about three weeks of riding season here in MN and I take full advantage of them.

This will be the third season on my SWing and I am looking forward to it. There a lot of great people here with lots of info and knowledge to share.

Here's a shot of my SWing. It has a Clearview windshield and GIVI top box. The cup holder is gone. I found it pretty much useless.
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 207
Location : Cordova, TN
Points : 1267
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 am

Welcome aboard, its great here!
Back to top Go down
markgable
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 6
Location : Gainesville, GA
Points : 872
Registration date : 2016-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:53 am

Dale N. wrote:
Welcome Mark to the best SWing site on the net!

I also have an 08 SWing which I love to ride whenever weather permits. I've had it out a couple times so far this year and wait for more warm dry days to ride. We usually get about three weeks of riding season here in MN and I take full advantage of them.

This will be the third season on my SWing and I am looking forward to it. There a lot of great people here with lots of info and knowledge to share.

Here's a shot of my SWing. It has a Clearview windshield and GIVI top box. The cup holder is gone. I found it pretty much useless.

Your bike looks just like mine, where did you get that trim around the front fairing edge? that looks very nice!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 984
Age : 71
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 2710
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:20 pm

That trim was on the SWing when I bought it. I always thought it was standard.
Back to top Go down
Tone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 60
Age : 72
Location : Northamptonshire, UK
Points : 1404
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Welcome Mark, you've joined a great community!
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 272
Location : Garwood Tx
Points : 1217
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 pm

markgable wrote:
Dale N. wrote:
Welcome Mark to the best SWing site on the net!

I also have an 08 SWing which I love to ride whenever weather permits. I've had it out a couple times so far this year and wait for more warm dry days to ride. We usually get about three weeks of riding season here in MN and I take full advantage of them.

This will be the third season on my SWing and I am looking forward to it. There a lot of great people here with lots of info and knowledge to share.

Here's a shot of my SWing. It has a Clearview windshield and GIVI top box. The cup holder is gone. I found it pretty much useless.

Your bike looks just like mine, where did you get that trim around the front fairing edge?  that looks very nice!
Looks like the door edge trim they sell at the auto parts, cut to length, put it on with some Gorilla Snot, and enjoy
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 219
Age : 68
Location : Naperville, Illinois
Points : 1260
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:41 am

Welcome! This is the best Silverwing site on the web. It sounds like you enjoy tweaking your Swing. Check out the Accessories and Modifications section on the site. Lots of great ideas from some inventive riders!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 984
Age : 71
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 2710
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:06 pm

Mark and Art got me curious so I walked all the way down the stairs and into my attached garage to look at the trim on my SWing. It does look like the trim from an auto parts store but I can't tell if it's glued on, held on by the tupperware tension or had some self-stick kind of glue on it when it was put on.

See Mark. This is the kind of great lengths we SWingers go through to help one another. That 90 seconds it took, and all the energy I spent to check my trim out. There aren't many people who would just do that for anybody but a SWinger...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert


Number of posts : 914
Location : Hocking Hills U.S.A.
Points : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:39 pm

Welcome aboard, thanks to this site and good people my maintenance on my S'wing was made wayyyyyyyyyyyyy easier. Set for warmer weather and ready to ride.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 459
Age : 72
Location : Arizona
Points : 2060
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Welcome to the site from Arizona. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 984
Age : 71
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 2710
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi Yo, Does this mean it's a one of a kind and worth Millions? Wanna buy it? Smile
Back to top Go down
razorback
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 42
Age : 62
Location : arkansas
Points : 955
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:59 pm

yo from arkansas
Back to top Go down
markgable
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 6
Location : Gainesville, GA
Points : 872
Registration date : 2016-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Dale N. wrote:
Mark and Art got me curious so I walked all the way down the stairs and into my attached garage to look at the trim on my SWing. It does look like the trim from an auto parts store but I can't tell if it's glued on, held on by the tupperware tension or had some self-stick kind of glue on it when it was put on.

See Mark. This is the kind of great lengths we SWingers go through to help one another. That 90 seconds it took, and all the energy I spent to check my trim out. There aren't many people who would just do that for anybody but a SWinger...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Laughing

Thanks for checking! I'm going to look into getting some of that trim...
Back to top Go down
JockTheScot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 6
Age : 54
Location : New Forest. UK
Points : 881
Registration date : 2016-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Welcome aboard Mark

Where do you get the cup holders? How do they attach to the bike.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 984
Age : 71
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 2710
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:14 am

This is the cup holder I had on my SWing: http://tinyurl.com/zl9qw3w
I cut off the top part so that only the upright arm was left and just screwed it into the plastic with a short wood screw. The screw was only about 1/2" long at best. It did hold but trying to grab a drink while riding wasn't too much fun. I figured it was just as easy to grab a bottle of water out of the top box or just stop at a gas station and go in for a bit of a rest and refreshment.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1998
Age : 53
Location : Miami, FL
Points : 5885
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 am

I always recommend Bar Buoy
Its a gimbaled cup holder that is always upright.
You can glue or screw the small medallion in the area that sticks out closest to you beneath the handlebars.  Then the cup holder and all its hardware just slide into it.  Easily removable.  Toss it in your storage area when not in use.

Dan
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 744
Age : 60
Location : Chicago, IL
Points : 3693
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:43 pm

welcome welcome from Chicago
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2532
Age : 59
Location : Bay Area, Ca
Points : 6256
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Welcome and congrats on your SWing. I hope you plan to be an active member here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverwing600.com
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2155
Age : 75
Location : Medford, Oregon
Points : 5554
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:53 pm

That trim is auto door edge strip, comes in rolls from most auto parts stores. Various colors. Be careful you don't accidently glue the edges of the plastic panels together when installing the stuff. In most cases it will just press on over the edge of the panel.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert


Number of posts : 579
Location : New Brunswick, Canada
Points : 2550
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 am

Mark, when you are not riding, grab your favorite beverage and head down here: great place to just hang out.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
 
Hello everyone!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: