Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Jakes Toys
by "Hi Yo" Today at 2:37 pm

» Drive belt
by john grinsel Today at 1:18 pm

» ABS Transplant and restoration.
by Cosmic_Jumper Today at 11:02 am

» No ride but an interesting day never the less. The flying brush hog
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Sat-Nav mount
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
by Dale N. Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Left over Burgman 400 service manual
by john grinsel Yesterday at 11:00 am

» 2009 Silverwing 600 issue when driving
by Murf Yesterday at 10:11 am

» Engine drain bolt
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 6:52 am

» front fork lower 600t v 600d
by Flyingpanman Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

New riding season: prep check.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: New riding season: prep check.   Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:05 am

For those of us from the northern climes who have to put away their SWings for the winter, it is time to get ready for the new riding season. I am speaking for myself when I say that every new season should start with a good go-over of safety precautions for riding. That means bike prep, system checks and general go-over, fluids changes as required, and smooth operation of cables, switches, brakes, etc. The rider needs to do a self-check as well. Get in shape if the winter has gotten you out of shape. Limber up with stretches, some strength exercises, and attention to diet. I can't run, but I do stretches, crunches and get myself as toned as possible. I also go over my riding gear. I do this at the end of the season, but it should be done before the new season: check your gear and replace/repair anything faulty.
Finally, I review everything about road riding safety: all the tips that other riders give for free on Youtube. A great way to get all pumped for the new season. I keep in mind road conditions, specially sand on corners and intersections, black ice on shady areas. In my neck of the woods roads often have frost heave which quickly develops into huge potholes. There are surprises waiting so I take it easy even on familiar routes.
I find the time away from biking dulls the senses a bit and a little time invested in prepping is well worth it.
Have a safe riding season.
Jay.
Back to top Go down

New riding season: prep check.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Riding :: Safety Section-
Jump to: