Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Season's Greeetings

Go down 
+13
Jinglebob
Winger61
Tommo
MikeO
gremlin
DickO
CathyN
Dale N.
Mike from NS
oldgwingguy
Tone
Cookie
PeterC
17 posters
AuthorMessage
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

Season's Greeetings Empty
PostSubject: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 4:42 am

It's 8:40pm Xmas eve here in Oz and 30c (86 farneheit) in Melbourne.  Tomorrow is forecast 35c (95f) so a hot one even for us.  And remember that Melbourne is the southernmost city on the mainland (ie should be cooler than Brisbane, Sydney, Perth etc.).  It will be cold meats, seafood and salads on the Xmas dinner buffet and a few cold beers or quality Australian wine to wash it all down.  
Wishing all the folk on this forum a very safe and Happy Christmas and look forward to more chatting and sharing of news and views in 2016.
:Happy Holiday:
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 4:49 am

Yes, Seasonal greetings to everyone on here and best wishes for the new year too - hope you all have many enjoyable and safe miles next year.

Oh, and Peter - I'm rather partial to a splash of Ozzie wine myself...

Paul
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 5:07 am

Cookie wrote:
Yes, Seasonal greetings to everyone on here and best wishes for the new year too - hope you all have many enjoyable and safe miles next year.

Oh, and Peter - I'm rather partial to a splash of Ozzie wine myself...

Paul

Cheers Cookie chink
Back to top Go down
Tone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tone

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 7:11 am

Happy Christmas, one and all - and a safe and healthy New Year 2016☺☺☺
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:06 am

Add another merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year from o-HI-o.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:31 am

And greetings for a Merry Christmas from me as well ! Many thanks for the information shared over the past year. It has helped to make me a more informed rider and Silverwing owner.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

I'm waiting for warm weather. When I go into the garage I pet my SWing and let her know that I haven't forgotten about her.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!  Have a safe and wonderful holiday.

:santa-2: santa-1 :Happy Holiday: :Christmas Tree santa
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:11 pm

To Every SWing Siter... A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 3:37 am

And all the best wishes for the festive season to all forum members from the Sunshine Coast of Australia! Just come back from a most pleasant ride from Brisbane to Noosa. Temperature at a modest 28 degrees Celsius; a nearly empty motorway and not one cop or radar van in sight both ways. One of the few stretches in Oz with a 110 km/h speed limit and I was making the best of it. Same as PeterC from Melbourne we mainly indulge in seafood and salads, cold beer, sparkling and white wine for the Christmas season ; in stark contrast to the traditional menus of my county of birth, Germany. This is not the best environment for old Santa and his sledge; must be hard on the Reindeer:scratch:
I wish to express my gratitude to all the older members from the USA and UK whose contributions keep me motivated and wanting to ride for many years yet. I am looking forward to reading your stories in 2016
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 3:51 am

Happy Christmas, everyone; have a lovely day, however you choose to celebrate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 3:52 am

Don't rub it in about the weather Gremlin, it's pissing down here.
At least we don't get Bush Fires.
Merry Christmas to you and all on the Forum.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 6:55 am

Tommo wrote:
Yeah, it is here now!
Went out for the usual Christmas Day cycle ride, did 30 miles, got soaked in the last mile!! Mad

My thoughts do go out to those poor people in Cumbria though - flooded again less than a month after the last time. Also to the people in the States experiencing storms and tornadoes. If you're home, warm and cosy, just spare a thought.

Merry Christmas to all of you and yours! santa :rendeer:
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 11:13 am

Merry Christmas to all from northern California!
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Merry Xmas to all !!!
It was a great day here in Southern New Brunswick, good enough for riding; hard to believe, never seen as far as anyone can remember. I wish I had the scooters close by, I'd have put the battery in one of them and gone for a spin. My son said he saw a few bikes on his way to my house. And they are calling for great weather tomorrow too !!!!
But the spoiler is coming on Sunday: 10 cm of snow and much colder for the rest of the week. I figure the sooner it gets here, the earlier it will leave. Mid-February is the Atlantic Motorcycle show, and that's the highlight, mid-season of waiting for the old man to get going.....
Happy New Year Everyone !!!!
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Tommo wrote:
At least we don't get Bush Fires.
Merry Christmas to you and all on the Forum.

It was certainly not my intention to rub it in........... Australia does have harsh weather too: in Southern Australia we have once more roaring bush fires with 118 homes lost in 2 days and in Northern Australia helicopters have to evacuate residents from the floods. In Western Queensland the drought affected farmers are now being flooded as well.
We have just been lucky in SE Queensland not to suffer from any of these extremes; that's why I am out there making the best of it.
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 4:13 am

Don't get the guilts Gremlin - Brisbane has had it's share of extreme weather in recent years also. The graphic TV images of a flooded Brisbane River in 2010 remain with me and the fatal devastation inland at the Lockyer Valley was just horrific. Remember and then celebrate what's good today while we have it.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:03 am

My thoughts today are of Meldrew who moved to York from Cumbria. Last year both areas were flooded and I don't think he was caught in it but, the floods now are far worse. I just got back from two weeks in Gran Canaria and a nearby town is flooded (Radcliffe) fortunately for me I live on  high ground, all my usual riding areas are flooded , or, some of the towns to them are. Two weeks without riding iam getting twitchy so  iam off for a ride around. Seasons greetings everyone and a happy and safe new years riding to you all. santa
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:53 am

I'm fine so far as we live a couple of miles from the centre of York and about a mile away from the River Ouse. The flood plain we can see from our back bedroom windows is like a lake but it has been under water since November. The current situation in the centre of York has worsened since they opened the River Foss flood barrier and now about 3500 properties have been flooded.

Elsewhere in North Yorkshire, Harrogate, Knaresborough, Skipton have all been affected, and it's a similar story over in West Yorkshire in parts of Leeds, Mytholmroyd, and Hebden Bridge.

As for Cumbria, Carlisle, Cockermouth, Appleby etc, have been flooded again after the devastation of a few years ago and it must be heartbreaking for families whose homes have been wrecked for a second time.
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:03 am

"The flood plain we can see from our back bedroom windows is like a lake but it has been under water since November." I know I shouldn't make light of it Meldrew but some people will pay a fortune for water views.
But seriously, it must be heartbreaking for those affected. I did hear a news item with one pundit saying that folk may need to start viewing this as the norm rather than the exception. A "new normal" is one of those biztalk phrases that give me the irates.
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 9:51 am

Hope you all are well this holiday season.

Here in the State, mid-south east, TN to be exact, we have had rain for a day, then nice in the mid 70s - very odd for this time of year, but we have been riding!

Hope you all are safe and God bless and Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greeetings   Season's Greeetings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season's Greeetings
Page 1 of 1