Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

leg deflectors

Go down 
+24
exavid
johnd
Sidewinder Pilot
Old Limey
hankster
Meldrew
terrier
HORNBLOWER
Crustycrutch
Tommo
razorback
Art
RipleyRich
MikeO
cotetoi
DickO
gremlin
Cosmic_Jumper
Gustafa
DJ Charles
oldgwingguy
tinman
Rasherman
gary c
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gary c
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2015-09-21

leg deflectors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Still pimping out my silverwing. Ive read a lot of comments on site about leg deflectors. So....I must have them. The only site i found is in the u.k. and they want 210+ shipping cdn. Just waiting to transfer money into paypal account-has anyone found a better source since last the topic was discussed? By better i of course mean cheaper-however I'm not into modifying something to make it work. The new airflow I installed is FANTASTIC-what a difference. Thx for all your help.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Bought a set from the UK eBay seller. Got them yesterday, 13 days after ordering. Not bad delivery time coming from over the pond. Waiting to install them until after I do a bit of body work.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:05 am

Are they really worth it Meldrew? I thought they were just cosmetic, but if you say they are a benefit I will look again.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:27 am

Hello mate, as I said I've had leg deflectors on my Silver Wing from new so I can't say what riding without them is like. They don't look like much but they do seem very effective,  I've never had wet feet riding in all day heavy rain, and there's no chilly winds blowing up the legs of my riding pants to shrink my appendage to the size of a normal mans. Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 8:19 am

When I bought my first Silverwing, in Belgium, I ordered leg deflectors.
They should have been fitted before I collected the bike but there was a delay so I rode home having arranged to go back when they'd come in.

My trip home was around 20 minutes long, mostly on exposed motorway. I had been used to the protection afforded by the wider foot wells on my X9 so was acutely aware of flapping trouser-legs and draughty ankles on the Silverwing.
Naturally, the same thing happened on my ride back to the dealer's a week or so later to have the deflectors fitted.
However, and others will know, the deflectors eliminated the flapping and draughts completely, or as near as.
They are worth every penny and will always be a 'must-have' accessory for any Silverwing I own.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:59 pm

I've been riding for the past week on my new OEM leg deflectors. The difference is huge, the trouser flap issue is no more (wind used to flap the legs and push them up to my knees) So, I don't need straps around my ankles anymore! I haven't had any rain to ride in...yet.
I got them on eBay from UK, First time I saw them they had more then 10 listed and were all gone in a couple days, next time I saw them I almost sprained my mouse finger!!! They only cost me $150USD and took about a week to arrive. As was mentioned, the directions were useless as were the little body pins. Just put them in position, mark with tape, drill small holes, peal the mounting tape and attach with short PK screws.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=161965937250&view=all&tid=1370121493006
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Years ago, I bought some hard plastic ones that looked like the belonged in the garden section of my local hardware store. I never even tried to install them.
Then I bought some that were more expensive, made of rubber.
From the front, they looked great. From the rear, side, not so nice. They did not fit well and there were open spaces. Got some black silicone and did a patch job,
The wind was greatly reduced but decided to never use them again.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:21 pm

I bought a cheap set of wind deflectors that sound a lot like those rubber ones you had. I didn't keep them on the scooter very long. I didn't like the way they mounted or their looks. My GT's body shape seems to do the job well, no need for any add ons. My feet stay dryer than they did on my Goldwing and there's little or no wind on the lower legs especially if one keeps their feet well forward.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 12:23 pm

I don't get a lot of trouser flap, and my jeans don't ride up, but there is some
on cooler nights and days I keep my knees tucked, almost like I was gripping the sides of a tank with my knees, but on hot days I angle the knees out to get someair flow up there between my legs
probably it's more of a problem in colder wetter climes
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 2:08 pm

I used to tuck the bottom of my pant legs into my socks when riding my SWs in cold weather. Helped a lot. Made me wish I still had some of those 'Boot Blousers' we used in the army. They were much like short bungy cords with hooks on the ends. You snapped them around your ankles and tucked your pant legs around them. More comfortable than actually tucking the pant legs into one's boots and looked sharper when standing inspection for guard duty or some such.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 2:30 pm

In my squaddie days we used a home made version of those boot blousers we called 'elastics'. We made them by cutting up an a old pair of army issue braces, or suspenders in American speak. Just take a length of the wide elastic strap, roughly measure round your ankles, allow a couple of inches of overlap, cut off the surplus, and sew the overlap to the rest of the elastic using your army issue sewing kit or 'housewive' to make a thick strong elastic band.

I've no need of elastics/boot blousers, but I still have and use that sewing kit that I was issued 50 years ago, and I could soon knock up a set of elastics using material from one of the various pairs of Edelweiss design braces I have in the garage. Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 2:43 pm

Alas, In my Army days we weren't issued braces, we had to make do with the web belt with our fatigues and Class A uniform.

We call them suspenders or braces on this side of the pond. Braces being an older less used term.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:24 pm

Then there are Galluses, 'suspenders' that were built into pants back in the 1800s, that weren't elastic
A form of them still exists in those lovely farmer's overalls, or 'hog washers' as some call them
not that you could make blousing rubbers of them That's what my brother's unit called 'blousers' in the late 80s, blousing rubbers
interesting how terms change, ain't it?
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:20 am

Just in case anyone is interested, the Leg Deflectors are back in stock again. These are the OEM Honda deflectors, from the same dealer I got mine from a few weeks ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161965937250?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 1:18 am

Art wrote:
That's what my brother's unit called 'blousers' in the late 80s, blousing rubbers
interesting how terms change, ain't it?

Actually that's what we called them in my unit in the early '60s. The package they came in called them 'Boot Blousers' but we called them 'blousing rubbers'. We bought them at the PX. So I guess the term really didn't change.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo100
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2016-03-13

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 6:31 am

The leg wind deflectors I can find online here are all for the early silverwings.
I mean (for Europe anyway): <2009 for swing 400 and <2011 for swing 600.
Has anyone seen or owned deflectors for the recent models?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 6:53 am

None listed anywhere. Sad
Back to top Go down
Eduardo100
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 6:59 am

Thanks MikeO !
Darn!
Two possible explanations for this I guess:
1. Issue solved or improved with the latest model.
2. Hardly any demand for them.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 8:37 am

Eduardo100 wrote:
Has anyone seen or owned deflectors for the recent models?

The majority of forum members are in the US, Canada, and the UK. All countries where the SW-T Silver Wing hasn't been imported to even though it's been out since around 2009-10. So in the US and Canada they ride the earlier FSC Silver Wing which is their version of the FJS Silver Wing that's still in the Honda UK lineup.

If you're after lower leg wind deflectors for a SW-T, why don't you enquire if the available FJS wind deflectors fit the SW-T. After all it's mainly a cosmetic restyle of the FJS and you have have the Honda importers and dealerships of the Benelux countries, France, and Germany all within a day's ride, we don't.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo100
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:13 am

Sorry Meldrew, but imho I think it's a little more, just a little I admit, then a cosmetic upgrade. 
Even a newbie like myself can see that the old deflectors will not fit the new model. Don't need to ask a local dealer. And the few locals dealers i visited, barely show any knowledge & interest in aftermarket products at all.
I was only trying to find out if anyone on here (from Europe i understand now) spotted some type of deflectors for the  new ones.

leg deflectors - Page 2 Image10
leg deflectors - Page 2 Image11
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:44 am

OK then, but you can still dig around on various Honda importers websites to find accessories for the SW-T Silver Wing. I was looking at the Honda Italy website a few days ago and they've dropped the SW-T 400 from the scooter lineup for 2016, there's just the 600 version now.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo100
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:21 am

Yes Meldrew, and same for the Benelux. No more sw-t 400.
At the motor show in Brussels in January the Honda importer told me there were 12 swt400's left in stock for our countries. At 15% off till the end of the month. When i went to a local dealer to buy myself one, just in time to get the 15%, i was told he sold the last one in stock a few days earlier. Honda Benelux never ever sold 12 swt400's in 10 days before.. he added. Then he did what I think every Honda dealer in the world was told by Japan to say from now on: "honda's new maxi scooters are evolving towards a lighter, sharper and more fuel friendly direction, that's why you should consider this bike" 
I'm sure everyone in here knows he steered me towards that Integra thing. 
By then, I hadn't even the energy left to start a discussion. 
I never realized they must have had such a bad beating from Yamaha's Tmax.
Anyway, that's why i had to change mindset and started looking for a second hand. Don't wanna fork out 9000 euro's for a new 600 (factory made in 2013 he said). 
I guess sometimes patience is rewarding, sometimes not.
Back to top Go down
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 3:06 pm

I finally got my leg shields installed today. Was doing some body painting so had to wait until that was done before I installed them. Was easy to install and took it for a ride to see if they made a difference. Maybe it's my imagination or just the way the wind was blowing today, but it felt like there was a lot less buffeting, not only around my legs but my upper body too. I know, seems weird. I'll know more as I get a couple more days of riding done.

Only downside is that I'm used to sliding my feet off the floorboards as I come to a stop and I now hit the lower part of the deflector when I do that. Will just have to relearn to raise my feet up an inch before I move them.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 7:44 am

It won't take long. Smile
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2016-01-07

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:03 am

Fitted my deflectors today as it was warm out. Surprisingly effective but makes me wonder why Honda didn't build them in?
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Crustycrutch wrote:
Fitted my deflectors today as it was warm out. Surprisingly effective but makes me wonder why Honda didn't build them in?

Because they've made some extra money with you buying them !! Glad you've got them fitted anyway. I noticed a big difference when I fitted mine. Just been out today for the first time in 6 months due to illness. Weather was nice and really enjoyed getting out again. Hopefully many more to come.

Den small moped
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Crustycrutch, where did you get your deflectors from? how much were they?
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Old Limey, a short while ago Dobles were flogging a load on eBay for £50 quid odd. I think they're still doing so but the price has gone up to £80 something. Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:27 pm

These ones are pretty cheap at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-FJS600-FJS-Silverwing-Side-Visors-Wind-Deflectors-Deflector-Kit-/161965937250?hash=item25b5ec1262:g:XEwAAOSwFMZWr9s8

Den
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Yep, they're the Dobles ones
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 4:41 am

Just checked them out looks like ,with p.p one hundred pounds. Are they really that much benefit for a hundred quid?
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 5:37 am

My ten cents worth - at £100 no but £50 yes (albeit begrudgingly).
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 5:55 am

It's like most manufacturers aftermarket accessories you'll pay more because they were designed for that particular job and will always look right. They would have put a lot of research, money and effort into designing them. Not like some of the homemade stuff that looks like it was dug out of a skip. I personally like to see something that not only does the job but also looks right. I also have a black SWing the same as yours Old Limey and the leg deflectors look like they were fitted from the factory and not added on later. One of the perks of having a black SWing. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

Den small moped
Back to top Go down
Crustycrutch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 6:46 am

Fair points Terrier. I'm just a tight git Laughing
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 7:00 am

Crustycrutch wrote:
Fair points Terrier. I'm just a tight git Laughing

You're not tight, just "cautious" with your money Rolling Eyes I'm a pensioner so I have to be cautious. That's what I keep telling the wife anyway.

Den small moped
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 7:07 am

I've had my leg deflectors on from new and they were expensive for what they are, but they do stop rain getting onto your boots and cold draughts getting up the legs of your pants. I've never had wet feet even on all day rides in the rain and torrential rain showers.

Another good thing is you can get your feet out easily onto the ground when stopping from the FF riding position. 

Unlike the more enveloping Suzuki wind deflector set that I fitted to my ’08 Burgman 650. The first time I stopped at lights about 20 miles after fitting them, I put my feet down from the FF position as normal and the deflectors stopped them. For a millisecond I actually thought the big lardass Burgman was going to topple over but I managed to get my feet out and down on the ground. I left a mark on the seat where my sphincter had took a bite out of the seat as it puckered up in fright! 

I removed the leg deflectors the next day.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 10:54 am

As Meldrew is well aware I spend my money "cautiously" let's say. I think as crustycrutch pointed out at fifty pounds maybe, but, one hundred I think I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 11:40 am

That David Silver Spares www.davidsilverspares.co.uk has three sets in and they're £70.80 with V.A.T plus postage. There'll be a fiver more for postage. Still expensive but there'll be a bit less strain on the seams of your wallet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 1:26 pm

Thankyou, Meldrew, checked it out. Will now "Ponder" for about a week, which is what I usually do before loosening the lock on my Purse.
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Ah, wise words Old Limey.
I wish I could go back over my life and apply a weeks pondering to all the purchases I have made.

If I could do that i'd now have a tidy nest egg saved up and far less crap in the loft!

Back to top Go down
RipleyRich
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RipleyRich

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-01-13

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 8:44 am

personally I think the bike looks better with them fitted
leg deflectors - Page 2 Dscf2310
ter with them on.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:01 am

I agree. I must get mine fitted.
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 am

I'm usually not a fan of bikes that are festooned with farkles and various add-ons, but those deflectors don't look bad.

And why do they call them "leg" deflectors, when they deflect air, not legs?  That is, excepting Meldrew's Suzuki deflectors.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Kevin Jackson
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-08-17

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 9:33 am

I have a new set on my '96 Helix, and would LOVE a set for the '08 Silverwing.
But MY GOSH those things are pricy for a 'wing!!! I paid $70 for a set on the Helix that also came with 3 other chrome trim pcs.!!! I will make my own for my Silverwing. Wont be fancy, but will be functional. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:22 am

How are they expensive?  A quick search found a UK Honda dealer selling them for £105.00 that's US $138.00 at today's exchange rate. Considering that since the Brexit vote here in June to leave the EU, the value of the pound has dropped quite a bit against the dollar.

So you'd be buying a set cheaper than other members of the forum that have imported them from the UK in the past. I've read a few posts in the past from US  members who'd like a set complaining about the cost being too expensive, so nothing's changed then. The few that have bought a set seem pleased enough. We have a saying here 'Oop int' North', "You don't get owt for nowt!" That translates to ’'You don't get anything for nothing’... Canadians can add an 'eh!’ on at the end!  Smile

I paid £78.00 for my set back in late 2010, that's currently $103.00. I didn't quibble about the price, I just told the dealer I wanted them fitted, and they're a lot more use to me than fitting junk like a cup holder, or heaven forbid highway pegs!  Rolling Eyes   

They're great on all day wet weather rides, and in winter cut down wind chill at high speeds. Well worth the money back then, and now.

They're also better than the OE deflectors I had on my 1996 Honda Helix.

Last edited by Meldrew on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 2:17 pm

'Leg Deflectors' indicates the location on the bike.

'Wind Deflectors' could be attached anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 2:34 pm

MikeO wrote:
'Leg Deflectors' indicates the location on the bike.

'Wind Deflectors' could be attached anywhere.

Thanks.  Think I got it now.  Leg deflectors go on the legs of the bike.  Huh? Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 3:44 pm

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Bash On! wrote:
And why do they call them "leg" deflectors, when they deflect air, not legs?  That is, excepting Meldrew's Suzuki deflectors.  Wink

I've no idea what you're on about mate.   scratch  Unless it's the set of genuine Suzuki deflectors I once fitted to a 650 Burgman, went for a ride, realised they were badly designed crap and removed them the next day. I did mention it on here, but that was 4 years ago and a long time before you joined this forum. The offending Suzuki items were banished to the dark depths of a storage box somewhere in my garage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leg deflectors   leg deflectors - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

leg deflectors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2