Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mirrors with longer arm

Go down 
+8
MikeO
Meldrew
Dale N.
exavid
Old Limey
john grinsel
Tommo
bicyclenut
12 posters
AuthorMessage
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

Mirrors with longer arm Empty
PostSubject: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 5:00 am

As many have stated, stock mirrors on Swing don't seem to reach out enough. One solution is mirror extenders easily found on eBay.

I purchased a set of these but ended up finding a set of mirrors on eBay that had a longer arm without the need for the extenders.  Shipped from Taiwan in 5 days and the seller provided excellent service, nicely packaged and product looks as well made as stock mirrors so far. Seller also has other styles and shapes if these don't have look you want.  Many have nice images of dimensions so you can see if they will be right size and reach.

Magazi Hawk Mirrors

Photo shows the reach difference of the stock vs the replacement mirror.

Mirrors with longer arm Fullsi12

Mirrors with longer arm Fullsi13
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 6:33 am

Have you tried them yet at speed, I have found with after market mirrors they vibrate much more than the genuine ones.
I was on a site yesterday and someone had fitted Burgman (must wash my mouth out now) mirrors to their SW they are wider and fit straight on.
Be interested to see how yours perform.
Tommo.
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 8:05 am

Tommo,

I rode into work this morning and I didn't notice any issued but it was dark and a bit wet from rain and barely a car to see in the mirrors so I didn't get going as fast as normal and didn't have much to use them for.  I'll see how they work on the way home in the light and moving faster.  The mounting bolt is longer than the OEM, so they fit tight in mount and they have a rubber boot that slides over the mount as well.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 11:14 am

Early Honda CB750 round mirrors work fine are cheap on much longer stems....Try Dennis Kirk in US.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 1:31 pm

I fitted Burgman 400 mirrors, after having my original Silverwing (bought in 2010) for about a month. I also run a Burgman 400 that is the reason I got a pair for the Silverwing, that, and the fact I need to tilt the mirrors down to pass through my gateway. I keep the original mirrors in a box and when trading in put them back on. Smile
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 3:59 pm

I also tried Burgman 400 mirrors---they work but are expensive if you have to buy them.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 11:26 pm

I installed mirror extenders on both of the SWs I've owned as well as on two friends SWs. These are the ones I used. They extend just enough to greatly improve the view and don't seem to increase the visible vibration in the image much if at all. These are the ones I used, inexpensive and quick delivery. Fifteen minute install.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190645346274?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 12:40 am

Exavid,

Those are the same extenders I purchased in case the mirrors didn't work out or I decide to go back to the Honda mirrors.

John,

I had heard that mirrors from some Honda CBxxx models worked as well as from the Reflex, but I didn't want round mirrors and I was looking to upgrade to a more modern looking mirror, a more streamlined or aero look.

Rode home from work in daylight and at speeds up to 55MPH, no vibration, needed to get used to teh shape and make some final adjustments but they do extend out farther and do not get blocked by my arms as the OEM Honda ones, the extra inch or so give just enough extension for my needs.  Will see how they hold up over time, I always have the OEM ones to go back to with the extensions if needed.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 12:47 am

I have a set of the same ones as exavid has and like them a lot. I have them adjusted so that they just catch my Givi top box so that I have a point of reference to sight from.

The ones that bicyclenut has look pretty nice also.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 am

Mirror extenders, put them on, tighten 'em up so there's good clearance from the wings of the Airflow on full lock, adjust your mirrors, push a couple of black plastic blacking grommets into the hexagon bolt heads, and you're done.

Well that's it in theory but I find the mirrors slacken off if you bump into accidentally bump them, I'd have to get the thread lock out sometime.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:41 am

I have the same extenders as exavid on my present Silverwing and had Honda ones on the other.

I carry an extra spanner to tighten up the nearside mirror if I knock it; the offside mirror more or less 'does up' without the help of the spanner.

Last edited by MikeO on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 1:05 am

I put a bit of Loctite blue on the threads of the attachment bolt and the mirror threads.
Back to top Go down
ditchdigger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 9:39 pm

HI all. I just switched on my swing mirrors with my Honda reflex mirrors today. I can not belie the change!! I can look in the left mirror and see the right shoulder very close behind me. The same looking in the left mirror and see right shoulder. It makes you feel much safer!!!

Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 11:56 pm

Sounds like your mirrors might be cross-eyed. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 9:19 am

I installed the below mirrors shortly after purchasing my Silver wing in 2012. Quality slightly worse than OEM but at least I can see something other than my shoulders! Slight vibration at certain speeds but not a problem. Would buy them again...:

GP mirrors
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Question since I bought mine used from the 2nd owner how long were OEM arms? I'm not having any issues with my mirrors. Mine may not be stock as someone installed a Givi windshield and had a Givi Mono box ready for installation.
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 10:16 pm

I've not had any problems with mine either and I know they're standard as I bought the scoot new in 2011. I can see just fine in them even when I'm wearing a bulky over jacket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirrors with longer arm   Mirrors with longer arm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirrors with longer arm
Page 1 of 1