Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Low rear tire Milage
by The Bern Today at 5:54 am

» First Road Trip
by Meldrew Today at 1:53 am

» Hello from Norfolk, VA!
by Greysilver Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
by EvilTwin Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» Dusty RearWheel
by Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 2:57 pm

» Trike Tire Change ? ( re-post to correct forum )
by Briorick Yesterday at 11:12 am

» Job #1 done, #2 not to sure of.
by Osprey Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:50 pm

» Braking
by Osprey Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 pm

» Helpful Tips for Centre Stand???
by MikeO Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 am

» Howdy y'all ...
by Sirkitrider Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:07 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 new to forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: new to forum   Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 am

Hi everone just bought a blue Silver Wing 2004 FJS600 with 17340 miles on it and 3 months warranty one month ago ater 35 years off motorbikes. I am 66 years of age and live in Hartlepool uk .I took one refresher lesson on a 125 scooter before taking the Silver Wing out ,done over 120 miles so far and love it already .It's my first scooter, and the first time on a forum .Safe journeys to you all.
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 94
Age : 72
Location : Kidderminster UK
Points : 1142
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Greetings from the south, I am a newbee too.
Hope you enjoy your SW Smile
Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Tommo wrote:
Greetings from the south, I am a newbee too.
Hope you enjoy your SW Smile
Hi thanks for the greeting happy riding TASHY
Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
 

   welcome      welcome        I hope you enjoy both the scooter and the forum.     welcome      welcome
Hi thanks for the welcome ,Hope to learn lots from the forum. TASHY
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 247
Location : Hocking Hills
Points : 1533
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Welcome aboard from o-HI-o.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 419
Age : 80
Location : Mt Prospect IL 30 miles west of Chicago
Points : 3532
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: new to forum   Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 am

Hi Tashy and welcome from the other side of the pond.You will find a wealth of information on this form don't hesitate to ask questions.
Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
MikeO
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3126
Age : 69
Location : Salisbury UK
Points : 6627
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:51 am

Hello and welcome from the sunny South-West. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2967
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 5867
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:50 am

Hello mate, I went through Hartlepool on the way up to Horden to have my big Burgman serviced a few years ago. I was quite surprised how nice the harbour area looked and there was a big old fashioned sailing ship moored there. Or had I strayed into British West Hartlepool by mistake? Smile
Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:45 am

NWSSC wrote:
Hi Tashy and welcome from the other side of the pond.You will find a wealth of information on this form don't hesitate to ask questions.
Howard
HI Nice to hear from the other side without going to a Medium,Taken a while for me to reply, learning how to use this site,first time on a forum lots of good info on it ,thanks for the welcome .Tashy.Hope you don't mind the joke.
Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:26 am

MikeO wrote:
Hello and welcome from the sunny South-West. Smile


Hi, thanks for the welcome!  Still finding my way around the forum, Tashy.
Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:44 am

Meldrew wrote:
Hello mate, I went through Hartlepool on the way up to Horden to have my big Burgman serviced a few years ago. I was quite surprised how nice the harbour area looked and there was a big old fashioned sailing ship moored there. Or had I strayed into British West Hartlepool by mistake?  Smile


Hi there.  I sent a reply yesterday, not used to the workings of the forum yet.  Don't know if you got it so I'm sending this again!  I bought my S/W from David Sykes in Horden.  Maybe you had your bike serviced there.  

We do have a nice marina, we have 2 ships berthed next to the Maritime Musuem which are the Wingfield Castle (paddle steamer) and HMS Trincomalee (a masted ship).  We also restored HMS Warrior now berthed in Portsmouth.  Old Hartlepool was classed as the Headland, and West Hartlepool was the newest built area, now it's all just called Hartlepool.  

Thanks for the welcome, ride safe, Tashy. Smile
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2924
Age : 69
Location : Garland, Texas, U.S.A.
Points : 6232
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:03 am

Tashy wrote:


Hi there.  I sent a reply yesterday, not used to the workings of the forum yet.    

Thanks for the welcome, ride safe, Tashy. Smile



Tashy,

All of us are in the learning stage. (I hope) There is a navigation box on the bottom left corner of the main forum page. You will see a listing of FAQ. Good to read and reread on a rainy day when you aren't out riding
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2967
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 5867
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Tashy wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
Hello mate, I went through Hartlepool on the way up to Horden to have my big Burgman serviced a few years ago. I was quite surprised how nice the harbour area looked and there was a big old fashioned sailing ship moored there. Or had I strayed into British West Hartlepool by mistake?  Smile


Hi there.  I sent a reply yesterday, not used to the workings of the forum yet.  Don't know if you got it so I'm sending this again!  I bought my S/W from David Sykes in Horden.  Maybe you had your bike serviced there.

Hello mate, I bought a 650 Burgman from David Sykes in Horden a few years ago when I lived in Cumbria. It was their demonstrator with only 50 miles on the clock from new and I PX'd my 400 Burgman for it. I used to get it serviced there and I recall that petrol used to be 5p a litre cheaper in the area than in Cumbria.

I occasionally have a look at David Sykes website and when joined I thought you might have bought your Silver Wing there.

Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Tashy wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
Hello mate, I went through Hartlepool on the way up to Horden to have my big Burgman serviced a few years ago. I was quite surprised how nice the harbour area looked and there was a big old fashioned sailing ship moored there. Or had I strayed into British West Hartlepool by mistake?  Smile


Hi there.  I sent a reply yesterday, not used to the workings of the forum yet.  Don't know if you got it so I'm sending this again!  I bought my S/W from David Sykes in Horden.  Maybe you had your bike serviced there.

Hello mate, I bought a 650 Burgman from David Sykes in Horden a few years ago when I lived in Cumbria. It was their demonstrator with only 50 miles on the clock from new and I PX'd my 400 Burgman for it. I used to get it serviced there and I recall that petrol used to be 5p a litre cheaper in the area than in Cumbria.

I occasionally have a look at David Sykes website and when joined I thought you might have bought your Silver Wing there.


HI,  Petrol £1,05 at moment S/W has been in for oil leak from right side, bottom of  casing or where two wires enter, in overnight a week ago, no gasket  but paste jointing.Also  one month old faulty battery  bs- btz12s replaced, swollen  and leaking acid  both done under three month warranty,  Lent me 125 Scooter for both days good Service from David Sykes.  Nice place York .Tashy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2967
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 5867
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello Tashy, I'm currently up near Hartlepool with Mrs M. We stopped for lunch at Glady's Vintage Tearooms at Seaton Carew, it's a bit Dad's Army decor and music wise, but the food is good and I had a very nice plate of Corned Beef and Potato Pie, Chips, Mushy Peas, and Gravy. I'd definitely eat there again.

Before going on to our hotel we parked up near Hartlepool Marina and had a wander round the Maritime Museum and then on board HMS Trincomalee, learning about what it was like when the Royal Navy was all rum, bum, salt pork, and floggings.    Smile
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 371
Age : 74
Location : Leyland England
Points : 3017
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: New to Forum   Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi Tashy,
Pleased to hear the Wingfield Castle is still afloat, it brings back happy memories of my youth, especially the bar opening as soon as the mooring lines were cast off.  Sounds like an excuse for a trip to reminisce !!
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 461
Age : 72
Location : Arizona
Points : 2064
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:13 pm

Welcome aboard the best site for silverwings from Arizona. Be safe out there!
Back to top Go down
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 899
Age : 73
Location : Harveyville, KS
Points : 4497
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Welcome to the greatest Silver Wing site, from central USA... Kansas!
Back to top Go down
woodturnertimmers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 11
Age : 59
Location : Monett, Missouri
Points : 1020
Registration date : 2015-10-16

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:51 am

Newbee to the sight here too. I have had my wing for about a month now and love it. Sadly it will soon be time to store it away for the winter. I am a fair weather rider. I like reading about all the cool ideas everyone has here. Lots of good info.
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 207
Location : Cordova, TN
Points : 1269
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:27 am

Pretty much a new guy here too, Tashy, welcome from Tennesee!
Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:44 pm

[quote="Meldrew"]Hello Tashy, I'm currently up near Hartlepool with Mrs M. We stopped for lunch at Glady's Vintage Tearooms at Seaton Carew, it's a bit Dad's Army decor and music wise, but the food is good and I had a very nice plate of Corned Beef and Potato Pie, Chips, Mushy Peas, and Gravy. I'd definitely eat there again.

Before going on to our hotel we parked up near Hartlepool Marina and had a wander round the Maritime Museum and then on board HMS Trincomalee, learning about what it was like when the Royal Navy was all rum, bum, salt pork, and floggings.    :)[/quote]Tashy" Hi Meldrew, Hope you enjoy your stay,If your still around if you drive through Seaton just past the first roundabout towards Middlesbrough you may see Seals at the bridge at Greatham Creek on the mud bank at low tide,And just past the Fire Station on the right there is a Saltholme Wildlife and discovery park,TS21TU, £5.00 per car Or two wheels free.With Cafe and shop.Open 10.00am to 5.00pm, Cafe til 4.00 pm.If interested. [Just stayed weekend in Blackpool with Wife and Daughter got back Tuesday stayed dry, Nice light display.
Back to top Go down
-
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 22
Location : UK
Points : 1073
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: new to forum   Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:49 pm

bikerboy wrote:
Hi Tashy,
Pleased to hear the Wingfield Castle is still afloat, it brings back happy memories of my youth, especially the bar opening as soon as the mooring lines were cast off.  Sounds like an excuse for a trip to reminisce !!
Tashy. Hi Bikerboy,just been down your way,over the weekend, Blackpool, nice lights display this year,I was born in the headland area of Hartlepool, Still remember the old docks area with all it's fishing boats,now mostly gone,and the steam locomotives being turned around on the turntable at Mainsfoth Terrace.(you've got me thinking about my younger day now}. anyway back to the present,nice to here from you .Happy riding .Tashy. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
 
new to forum
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: