Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone using Vololight products

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

Anyone using Vololight products Empty
PostSubject: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:05 pm

Specifically the brakeless deceleration indicator, the license plate version? They have a module that ties into the brake lights or a stand alone device that is a part of the license plate frame.

Vololight Web Site

I ordered one and they seem to get good reviews but wonder how well it works on a Silverwing. Nice to be able to let off the throttle and slow down coasting but I am sure motorists don't always recognize that you are slowing without the brake lights on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Don't have one but doesn't stop me from having an opinion. Wink

I simply tap a brake when I want drivers behind to know the bike is decelerating. Would worry that the Vololight would be flashing on and off more often, depending on traffic, to the point where there might be "brake light fatigue" for those behind.

Hopefully there's a provision for adjusting the light to avoid that problem. Let us know how it works for you!
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:44 pm

I know they say there are three modes or sensitivity levels available
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 7:57 pm

bicyclenut,

My husband bought the license plate holder product.  It seems to be working.  We have not had much of a chance in the mountains and around the twisties.  We picked it up at the BMW Rally in Billings this past July.  He has it on his R1200GS.  The GS has the Canbus system so  there aren't as many choices for flashing brake and head light mods that work with the wiring.

Welcome to the forum.

What Suburb are you from?
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Sugar Grove, near Aurora
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Go out to Plano for a family Picnic every year. Bob and I ride out that way a lot. Was out there a couple of weekends ago. Went to Marcellies this past Sunday and checked out the Mid East Conflicts War Memorial on the Illinois River erected by the Illinois Motorcycle Community.
Very nicely done. I will try and post some pictures in my album.
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 pm

CathyN,

I often ride to Plano on my scooter or even my bicycle. Silver Springs or along the Fox River. Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:52 pm

We are on the Northwest side of the city. Close to Elmwood Park. Are picnic is always on Labor Day.
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 1:43 am

Received the Vololight Brakeless Deceleration License Plate Frame Wednesday and installed Wednesday night. Installation was pretty simple...

1.Four screws off and remove frame plate cover and slide license plate in and reattach frame cover.
2.Tap into license plate power, hot and ground.
3.Initialize and check for power.
4. Calibrate by powering up and keeping bike upright and straight, place a special strong magnet at specified location and device calibrates the accelerometer.
5. You can change the sensitivity by using the magnet to switch to different modes by holding it in place for a specified number of flashes and then confirmation lights.

Had an employee watch a couple of braking runs and it seemed to be working well, just need to do some testing to see that it is at the right sensitivity to detect deceleration without braking at times when you let of throttle and slow down prior to applying braking. So far, so good. If it helps get teh attention of vehicles following, it was a $130 well spent.
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:50 am

Yes I agree I am buying one of these also. I will set it up next season and give a go. I like the idea and anything that can help I am game for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Vololight products   Anyone using Vololight products I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone using Vololight products
Page 1 of 1