Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi-new member from bc canada.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gary c
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2015-09-21

Hi-new member from bc canada. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi-new member from bc canada.   Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:30 am

Hi-new member from bc canada. New silverwing owner also-havin a great time. I have 3 main questions concerning the bike-I'll only ask one now so I don't feel like I'm taking too much of your time. I've been to baja a couple of times-once to bicycle from tijauna to cabo and the other to camp and kayak. I'm thinking what a great trip to do on my S/W. NOW- how do I get it there with my sportage. Been looking at a rig( fairly cheap-used) that you plug into your trailer hitch and you ramp your bike onto it. Know what I mean? Its rated for 500 lbs- the weight of my bike.It looks very basic and was mainly used for transporting a dirt bike. Is this viable for me?
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi-new member from bc canada. 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Hi-new member from bc canada.   Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 11:33 am

welcome      welcome

gary c,  

Welcome to the forum. There was a post about hitch hauling. You can find it by using the search box in the upper left hand corner. I won't hijack this post by entering it here. If you add to that post, you might get more current information. Personally, I would worry about hanging 500-600 lbs. off the back of my vehicle.

That sounds like a dream trip. Hope you find a way to make it happen and of course take us along. cheers

Last edited by "Hi Yo" on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi-new member from bc canada.   Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:59 pm

welcome gary c welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. I split your introduction apart from the other post so you will get your own welcomes. I would not recommend hauling your scooter that way.

I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some money and work. You'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi-new member from bc canada.   Hi-new member from bc canada. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi-new member from bc canada.
Page 1 of 1