Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Honda Adventure Scooter
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Yesterday at 11:23 pm

» Installed a C.L.M. lock on Swing.
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby sc00ter Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Greetings from southern Oregon
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby Osprey Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:17 pm

» Front brake issues
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby exavid Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:16 am

» Yes Virginia, there is an American scooter magazine
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby Howardr Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:27 pm

» Hello ! New SW600 owner
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby LECHETTAN Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:50 am

» left signal turn
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby LECHETTAN Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:30 am

» Seeking Hard Side Cases for Silverwing
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:38 am

» Loss of a friend
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:01 am

» New Member RevDougLeBow
I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeby Osprey Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike

Go down 
AuthorMessage
W.Bishop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-09-15

I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike Empty
PostSubject: I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike   I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 5:26 am

Can somebody please I want to check the water in my radiator but can not find out where the radiator cap is
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike   I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:55 am

You will need to take out the right-side glove box (the non-locking one)- the expansion bottle and radiator cap will then be visible.
The box is easy to remove, just needs a little care. Open the box, and remove the  small crosshead screw inside at the back.
Gently squeeze the sides together, and lift out the box. Replacement is obviously the reverse!
If you need to add coolant, it needs to be compatible for an aluminium radiator.

Hopefully I've got the instructions right - more technical brains than mine may correct!!

Graham
Back to top Go down
W.Bishop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike   I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 7:42 am

Winger61 wrote:
You will need to take out the right-side glove box (the non-locking one)- the expansion bottle and radiator cap will then be visible.
The box is easy to remove, just needs a little care. Open the box, and remove the  small crosshead screw inside at the back.
Gently squeeze the sides together, and lift out the box. Replacement is obviously the reverse!
If you need to add coolant, it needs to be compatible for an aluminium radiator.

Hopefully I've got the instructions right - more technical brains than mine may correct!!

Graham

Thank you for your help Graham
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike   I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:23 am

You can also see the coolant level if you look inside the front fenderwell/cowling as the coolant is in a clear tank with a HI and LOW level and it should be in between these lines. If you are looking at the SW from the front it in on the left side under the front cover just above the sticker with a VIN# and manufacturing info.

I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike Img_1310
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com

I am a new member I ride a FJS600 Trike
Page 1 of 1