Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi There! New To Forum :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
swinger_01
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-09-15

Hi There! New To Forum :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi There! New To Forum :)   Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi,

I am a past motorcycle owner (been out of it for 20 years or so, now have a Silver Wing (used 2008) for a year or so, & have been just tooling around town on it. There aren't many poker rides close to me (or they are 300+ mile ordeals that the Goldwingers do, & I am not at that level yet, nor riding freeways yet) & I don't know any riders close by me (EDIT: I am a woman in Mesa, Arizona).

2 years ago, altho I wanted a SW, I didn't have the $, so bought a Chinese Jonway. Sold that within a few months, it was too scary to ride.  Finally got to find a used SW & I love this bike!

I see theres some riders in AZ, would love to have someone to ride with thats close by!
Smile
Now that the weather in AZ has cooled off, am planning to go SW camping but need to find a dog sitter, just moved here & really, don't know anyone to babysit my 2 Labs (I live very near some spectacular camping areas).

Last week I got some under the bike lights installed (I call them "Landing Lights"), & I think they are great for riding. I also put a HID headlight in (hi & low beam), & a Coocase trunk on with remote.

I would love to get a trike kit (I did this before on a Yamaha Royal Star 1300 I had, & would take that bike anywhere, everywhere, rain or shine, gravel, freeway etc, but that kind of money is kinda tight).

Glad I found this forum! I was looking for an active SW forum!

Nice to meet you!  Smile

Hi There! New To Forum :) <a href=Hi There! New To Forum :) Sw_jus11" />

Last edited by swinger_01 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi There! New To Forum :)   Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:03 pm

welcome swinger_01 welcome to the forum. Thank you for your thorough introduction. You may want to pinpoint your location a little closer than just Arizona if you're wanting to find someone close to ride with.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some money and work. You'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi There! New To Forum :)   Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:18 pm

swinger_01 welcome to the best SWing site on the Net. There are lots of friendly people here with lots of knowledge ready and willing to help.

I also have an 08 SWing which I've had for two seasons and love it. It's got almost 25,000 miles on it and still has the get up and go that I love. I ride with a group who like to take 200-400 mile day runs to get Ice Cream. We are a rowdy bunch. cheers
Back to top Go down
swinger_01
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi There! New To Forum :)   Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:57 pm

model28a wrote:
welcome swinger_01 welcome to the forum. Thank you for your thorough introduction. You may want to pinpoint your location a little closer than just Arizona if you're wanting to find someone close to ride with.  

Thanks model28a:  I am in Mesa, Arizona. could use people to ride with that would ride with essentially a beginner. Yeah, lol, me Smile

Last edited by swinger_01 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi There! New To Forum :)   Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 am

Welcome aboard, Messa Az. Smile you do indeed have some good rides just east is on of my favorites, Queen Creek thru the tunnel and on to Globe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi There! New To Forum :)   Hi There! New To Forum :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi There! New To Forum :)
Page 1 of 1