Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Question on TOURMASTER covers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Question on TOURMASTER covers Empty
PostSubject: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:30 am

Guys, my tour master cover just ripped. Had it three years so it was time. I need a new one but have no idea on what size. Large or X large? There is no size makings in my cover at all. Anyone recently buy one who might know?

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:40 am

What about measuring it and looking online for comparison with the Tourmaster cover sizes.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:31 pm

I am leaving town and need someone who already knows to tell me. I have looked, I have asked the sellers. NO information is to be had. Like I said there is no information on the cover I have now.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 pm

This is all I can find and it lists XL for touring as is a silver wing but the question is, is a touring motorcycle larger then a touring scooter?

http://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetail/elite_motorcycle_cover/600/502
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:44 pm

The answer to your question is that some are and some aren't. I had a cover for my Goldwing that I occasionally used for my SW. It wasn't perfect but it fit well enough especially if the SW has a top box.

Here's a source for a fitted cover. I don't know how it will fit with aftermarket windshields but you could ask them:

http://www.vipcarcovers.com/honda-silver-wing_supremeshield-scooter-cover.html?googleproductlisting&gclid=CLiWu-a3rsYCFZE6gQoddXICCw

Here's another vendor who specializes in motorcycle and scooter covers that might do the job for you:

http://www.justmotorcyclecovers.com/scooter-covers/?utm_source=x-Google&utm_medium=Search&utm_campaign=Google-Power-USA-Search-Main-Cover-Scooter&utm_term=Scooter-Generic-Phrase-
Back to top Go down
masontx
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
masontx

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:43 pm

My SW has a top box and a GIVI windshield, and the cover is marked XL. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 2:47 am

masontx wrote:
My SW has a top box and a GIVI windshield, and the cover is marked XL. Hope that helps.

It's not conclusive but I am going to try a XL and hope for the best. Better a little too big then too small.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 4:20 am

My Silver Wing has the Givi E55 and Airflow screen, I bought the Oxford Products cover size Large and it fitted well. It allowed me to push an Abus chain through slots in the cover to secure the front wheel and has a Fastex buckled strap that goes under the Silver Wing to stop any gusts of wind getting in.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 pm

Just went to Oxford Products website. Good looking bike covers, much better looking than most I've ever had.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 6:05 am

exavid wrote:
Just went to Oxford Products website. Good looking bike covers, much better looking than most I've ever had.

If they were black and silver you were viewing the new style out. I had the older all light gray and silver. Lasted three years in extreme hot and cold/wet weather. I just wish they were not made in China.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on TOURMASTER covers   Question on TOURMASTER covers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on TOURMASTER covers
Page 1 of 1