Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?

Go down 
+3
Meldrew
exavid
roders
7 posters
AuthorMessage
roders
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-05-22

Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? Empty
PostSubject: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:13 pm

I am going to take the plunge and get an aftermarket windshield, either a Givi Airflow or I think the other one talked about was Cee Bailey or somesuch.

Where did you get yours, how was the company to deal with? If you remember what you paid could you include that as well.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 am

I purchased a GIVI Airflow to install on a friend's SW from Revzilla.com. The first one arrived damaged so I called their customer service. The rep, Erick, asked me to email him a picture of the damage so I did and he replied to my email with the picture by telling me they were shipping another windshield right away and to return the broken one in the box with the packing the new one came in. The new screen arrived in three days, in good shape. I installed it with the reinforcement brackets that are sold as an installation kit and shipped the broken one back to Revzilla. You'd have to go far to get a much better price or better service. I do recommend using the installation kit on the Airflow it does a good job of making the installation more rigid and less likely to crack. Givi didn't come up with those brackets for nothing.
Cee Bailey shields are also great, I had one on my '93 Goldwing and liked it very much. My preference in a shield for a SW is the Givi adjustable, expensive but it was great on my '04 SW. Much less buffeting and adjustable for cold and warm weather.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-af214-airflow-windscreen-honda-silverwing-600-2001-2011
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:35 am

Do you know there's more posts about the Givi AF214 Airflow screen on here than just about other topic. Buying, installing, problems etc, it's all there in Accessories & Modifications. All the questions and all the queries, and it also applies to the taller non-adjustable Givi, Cee Bailey, and Madstad screens that some members have asked about or have fitted.

In fact it also applies to top boxes, cruise controls, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, handlebar grips, cup holders, GPS mounts, leg wind deflectors, seat covers, back rests, and just about any other thing a Silver Wing owner is likely to fit or change.

Last edited by Meldrew on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 7:17 am

InUS, ordering directly from Givi works well. I have ordered directly from Cee Baily----service good, windshields not effective. Madstad you deal directly.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:16 pm

John G... You left out "tires"...
Back to top Go down
jerikostar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jerikostar

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:51 pm

I had the Givi Air flow, after a month I sold it on Ebay for this reason:
to highway speeds of 130 km / h it caused annoying turbulence on the back and handlebar vibrations. I will not recommend the purchase.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Tire---of which I use a lot---I buy/order from local Honda dealer or sometimes Dennis Kirk and install myself
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:52 pm

For US---I think only in Texas we can even go 130kph.

For SilverWing Givi adjustable is only way to go----SilverWing is scooter and seems to work best at 100-110kph----I find faster front end wants to fly.

I now have 80,000 km (at least 50,000 miles) behind Givi Adjustable shield AND it is the best you can do with Silverwing. Problem with Maxicooters is basic design of bike=your nose is too far from tip of shield. On my second SilverWing and have wasted money on other brand windhields

I lived and rode in Italy, so am somewhat familiar with riding conditions in Europe
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:54 pm

I've lost two top screens off my Givi Airflow at high speed, the first one striking my helmet with force and detaching the top air vent off my Schuberth J1, the second one flew off on the motorway just after I crossed back into England from Scotland luckily missing me, my wife, and any following traffic.

My current top screen has behaved itself since 2012 and has a Wunderlich wind deflector fitted that cost three times as much as the replacement top screen, and I'd still recommend the Givi Airflow. Adjusted properly it's quiet, it works well in the rain, and unlike other screens isn't affected much by cross winds and pushing through the turbulence when overtaking trucks.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm

I've used a Givi airflow on every one of my Silverwings and I'm happy with them. I get my Givi stuff from a man called Kiwi Dave. CLICK HERE for his website. His website is for Burgman scooters but just email him and he will get you anything Givi sells and there's no shipping charges and fast delivery.
Back to top Go down
jerikostar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jerikostar

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Givi the air flow is too great, "Venturi effect" that would divert the air over the helmet does not work well as they write in the website, I also tried the black bottom of the windshield givi, I concluded that the best compromise is the original, it also depends on the height of the driver, I am 186 cm and the windshield is definitely designed for lower height ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?   Best place to shop for Swing Windshields? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best place to shop for Swing Windshields?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: