Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:11 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cheapest grips for the SWing.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Cheapest grips for the SWing. Empty
PostSubject: Cheapest grips for the SWing.   Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 8:02 am

I made my own grips using drawer liner material. Non-slip perforated rubber material ( Walmart ) that comes in sheets. One sheet = plenty for 10 grips. Cut the material to the width of the grips, and leave long enough to wrap a few times to your own custom requirements. Trim with scissors, wrap tight and secure with colour matched zip ties. They shed the rain and stay put. Total cost maybe $8.00, for about 8-10 grips. Alternatively $$$$$$.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest grips for the SWing.   Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:51 am

These work great, look good and are super cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Cycling-Bike-Handlebar-Hand-Grip-Brake-Clutch-Lever-Soft-Foam-Cover-/171806005345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item28006f9861&vxp=mtr

They are very comparable to the $20 grip puppies I was running, and in fact they don't get sticky after getting wet like grip puppies did.

The caveat is they ship from hong kong, so they require some patience, I think they took around a month.
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest grips for the SWing.   Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:53 pm

All kinds here. I bought a $11.00 pair; work great a look good.

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=motorcycle+slip+over+grips&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amotorcycle+slip+over+grips
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest grips for the SWing.   Cheapest grips for the SWing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheapest grips for the SWing.
Page 1 of 1