Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Stock Muffler Modification

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oltxredneck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Stock Muffler Modification Empty
PostSubject: Stock Muffler Modification   Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 9:29 am

Is there any way to modify the OEM muffler to make it a bit louder. The cost of the aftermarket mufflers is just ridiculous in price. Since I already have a nice factory muffler; it sure would be nice to make IT a bit more aggressive in sound.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Stock Muffler Modification   Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 1:10 pm

Check this link for the TotalRuckus forum: http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=15718 Scroll down to the very interesting illustration for the Ruckus muffler. The SW muffler is virtually the same thing but with an extra baffle at the rear and two outlets instead of one.

Some folks have used a long drill to add a hole(s) to that baffle at the forward end of the exit pipe. IIRC that's the lower pipe on the SW muffler.

Another modification is to cut the back end off the muffler and then add a larger diameter pipe in place of that short pipe connecting the two inside (front & rear) chambers of the muffler. Of course then you have to reweld the muffler together again. This mod retains the catalyic function of the muffler but reduces the back pressure.

But then you could also buy Dan Spevack's Leo Vince 4 Road exhaust system and take care of your muffler 'problem' in one shot.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oltxredneck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Stock Muffler Modification   Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:31 pm

I was afraid of that!! I think best option is just save the money for the after market muffler. I did that hole drilling deal on my Honda shadow spirit 2002 model but it never did sound all that good.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Stock Muffler Modification   Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 5:13 pm

oltxredneck we have a member selling an aftermarket muffler. Check this link out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock Muffler Modification   Stock Muffler Modification I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stock Muffler Modification
Page 1 of 1