Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 7:17 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

looking for a seat pad

Go down 
+8
hardee41
oltxredneck
sctr199
model28a
GHM-PM
hotwings
Dale N.
gravelguy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
gravelguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-04-23

looking for a seat pad Empty
PostSubject: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 1:31 am

I am looking for a seat pad for my SW . Have not had any luck finding one made specifically for the SW. I noticed the SW used on the forum banner has one on it like I am looking for. Anybody have knowledge about the origin of this pad and where one similar to it can be obtained. Any input on pads members have used that they like would be great.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:44 am

Good Morning gravelguy, How does this one look? https://www.beadrider.com/

Is this sort of what you are looking for?
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:24 am

Tried to copy the link to my "monkey butt cure" but it appears to be locked and won't allow it???? To view, type "monkey butt cure" in the search box! It will give you the info you need.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:18 am

I picked up one of these prior to my SWing trip last week. Worked quite well and is cheap as they are closing them out:

Seat Pad

The guide says the Silver Wing uses the Large pad; but I bought the XL pad instead and it worked great! No idea how long it will hold up but for now I am happy. Easy to install too!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks Glenn, I just ordered the XL pad myself. I'll be 69 years old in July and my OLD butt doesn't handle longer rides like it used to.

Years back my wife and I rode my 1974 CB750 Honda to FL but my butt was younger back then and didn't have any problems. But now... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:45 pm

This may help. Monkey Butt Cure
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks Roger
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Nothing beats an Airhawk cushion IMHO.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 10:42 pm

hotwings wrote:
Thanks Roger

You're more than welcome, I'm glad I could help.
Do you remember what kind of paint you used, Lacquer or enamel? I have some that I need to paint and I'm not sure if enamel would get completely hard as fast as lacquer does. I don't want to have black paint on the back of my pants because I didn't let the paint dry longer than overnight.
Back to top Go down
gravelguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-04-23

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:09 pm

Thinks for all the great ideas, I took your advise and ordered the bead pad and the air pad with the intention of switching them on long rides. I really appreciate all the great information I was having no luck finding them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:25 pm

I have the large pad from cycle gear and it's a great fit and very comfortable. Which of course means they are clearing them out and the clerk told me they are not going to carry them anymore. So if you want that one get it quick! At least the prices are great right now.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 5:02 am

Roger, sorry i don't recall if the paint was enamel or lacquer. Either way I'd be worried about sitting on it the next morning. Would make a interesting pattern on the ol buttocks tho Laughing.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 5:04 am

sctr199 wrote:
Nothing beats an Airhawk cushion IMHO.
I don't know, $250 in the pocket feels pretty comfortable!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 8:38 pm

hotwings wrote:
Roger, sorry i don't recall if the paint was enamel or lacquer. Either way I'd be worried about sitting on it the next morning. Would make a interesting pattern on the ol buttocks tho Laughing.
I should point out when I said "let the paint dry longer than overnight" by "overnight" what I meant was paint it in the morning and hang it in the mid-90º hot Florida sunshine for eight to twelve hours then bring it in the air conditioned house overnight. Smile
I may need to give the beads a second coat and then they will need another day in the sun.  
My first set of beads were natural color with a clear finish, with the thought it may be cooler in the Florida summers. My second set of beads are black but I had no choice, because they were free. I got them from someone that bought them and hated them so much he thought they were worthless so he just gave them to me.
The clear finish has worn off on my first set so it's time to refinish them. I haven't noticed the black beads being any hotter than the natural beads and the black beads look lots better on the black seat so I think I'm going to paint the natural beads black.
Back to top Go down
oltxredneck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:16 am

I went through the same problem but finally settled on genuine sheepskin pad; which I got off eBay. I measured the width and length of the driver seat and used that to order the complementary size from the seller.
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 3:51 pm

I also use a sheep skin; have for many years; many colors.
Back to top Go down
dsmith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: beadrider    looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 3:34 pm

hello all.
just bought a beadrider seat 13-13 .
absolutely love it.if you wont something to keep your bottom cool and comfortable you cant go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Beadrider delux Black plastic beads no need to paint.
Have them on two bikes. Looks painful BUTT works great. Best on hot days puts a little air under you, no sweat no monkey BUTT.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:46 pm

I really liked the Airhawk cushion - but not the price!

In the UK on ebay, I came across a similar cushion - made by Tourtec and less than half the price of the Airhawk.

If you want to go even cheaper, how about an air cushion made for wheelchair users? Similar air-channel construction as the two bike cushions.

Again, on ebay UK for around £10! (I've had one on my computer chair for more than a year.)

Just slip a cover over to hide the silver/grey vinyl.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 3:52 am

I have a bead seat-pad; I find it just right for me.
I have a piece of Oxford non-slip mat underneath it to help keep it still and also to protect the seat itself although it probably doesn't need it.
I have attached an old boot-lace to the back corners; it passes round the bum-stop. Same with the mat.

The only downside I have experienced is that if it rains heavily when I'm stationary on the bike, water collects in the spaces! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for a seat pad   looking for a seat pad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for a seat pad
Page 1 of 1