Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr. Pully sliders installed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Dr. Pully sliders installed Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Pully sliders installed   Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Got my 26g Dr. Pulley sliders delivered a couple days ago from an Ebay seller from Taiwan. I quickly ripped open the packaging like a kid on Christmas morning and ran to my garage to begin the install. I removed all the necessary items off the bike down to the variator bolt. Tried to loosen the bolt without a variator tool- not gonna happen. At a standstill. Decided if i were to proceed i would need one of those fancy variator tools. In the truck, down the road to our work shop, build a basic variator tool, back in the truck, home, back to the project. With the new tool the bolt holding the variator was easy to remove. Removed the old rollers and installed the new sliders, cleaned up the old belt dust from the variator with a dry clean cloth, then reinstalled everything. Now a test ride!
  Wife onboard for the initial test ride i was worried the two of us may slide off the rear of the bike with the advertised "explosive acceleration" on the Dr. Pulley package. I carefully throttled up and surprisingly we were able to hang on! 
  Now the serious details and observations:
1) very easy to install (thanks to the help of a YouTube video by 
    Bigbird installing them on Rogers swing)
2) acceleration is a little better (dont expect Suzuki Hayabusa
    performance)
3) RPMs were exactly 5000 at 100kph before the install, after the 
    install RPMs are 4550 at 100kph. Makes the ride a bit smoother 
    due to the lower rpms, gas mileage should also improve a bit
4) cost:    $54.75 USD.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pully sliders installed   Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:48 pm

Makes my SW bada** now.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dr. Pully sliders installed 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pully sliders installed   Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:48 pm

cheers applause cheers
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pully sliders installed   Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:53 am

Went for a longer ride yesterday afternoon, noticed i can hear something in the variator that I didn't notice before the Dr. Pully install. At highway speed when accelerating and hitting the sweet spot i can hear like a light "clacking" sound (a sound is hard to describe) coming from the variator. I can guarantee everything is installed correctly! Are the sliders capable of making a noise compared to the original rollers? Sound goes away when the SWing planes out!? Mystery.......
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pully sliders installed   Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 11:28 am

It might be a slider briefly hanging up on the the variator  ramp between there and the ramp plate --especially if you didn't use a dry lube spray like PBlaster Dry Lube. If several of the sliders advanced further than others they would open the space between the variator and the ramp plate and maybe allow the slower sliders to vibrate in that gap as they are advancing.

It could be the ramp plate slide pieces (the 4 wedge shaped guide pieces which fit on the ramp plate) vibrating on the variator if the slide pieces are a bit worn.

It could be the flux capacitor kicking in.

Tim
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pully sliders installed   Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks Tim. I didn't use any dry lube- didn't think about it and didn't know i could use it this close to the clutch. Just wiped away the black dust with a paper towel. Maybe a dismantle and a recheck/lube is in order.
   Theres no way it can be the flux capacitor as the sound does not reciprocate the action of the capacitor! Im wondering if the sludge pump is binding?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pully sliders installed   Dr. Pully sliders installed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Pully sliders installed
Page 1 of 1