Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.

Go down 
+6
GHM-PM
model28a
tinman
Cosmic_Jumper
"Hi Yo"
Draco
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Draco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. Empty
PostSubject: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 10:40 am

In June 2014 I purchased a candy apple red 2009 Silverwing,no ABS, through eBay, from a guy in Maine, for $4100. It had 1100 miles on it, a larger windscreen, service manual and a crack in the left side panel which he failed to mention... since mended with abs glue and sheet rock tape. Other than that it is perfect. I live in NJ but go to Boothbay Harbor, ME every summer, also purchase a trailer to transport the scooter long distance. Also had to add a hitch and light controls to my Camray Hybrid to pull the trailer.
To the scooter I've added 2 power plugs, one in the left side pocket, loosely following the instructions on this site and another in the front panel below the wheel for my GPS. Since I could not buy the mount and being an engineer, of course I had to make one my self so i copyed the design of your fellow enthusiast.
I know motercycles but not the workings of the scooter so any assistance you can give will be appreciated.
I can also instruct how to make the mount bracket with off the shelf parts from Home Depot with a drill and a sander. So contact me if anyone is interested.
Did I do well on the price?
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 11:20 am

cheers welcome cheers I have always believed that a happy seller and a happy buyer means a good price! You got an almost new S'wing and if you're happy clap your hands. Uh-oh, now I'm gonna get sued. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Welcome to the asylum, Draco.

Trailering a SW?...Harrumph! It's a Touring Class scooter, not a trailer queen bike. While you may incur the wrath of several other of our resident curmudgeons you'll survive. Wink This is the best SW forum anywhere. Welcome aboard

Tim

Over to you Roger...
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 2:50 pm

If I needed to trailer my Swing with my Trigg Trike ,all that is needed is the centre rail that is optional from Trigg's .remove the Swing from the kit,mount it to the rail,drive my swing on to it  .10 minutes to reinstall to my Swing when arrive to the destination.No need to haul a trailer.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 4:36 pm

welcome  Draco welcome to the forum. You found a good deal for one of the finest scooters available. It sounds like you're already deep into making it "your" scooter. Congratulations on designing a mount for your GPS.  applause  If you'd like you could GO HERE and write up the instructions how to make the mounting bracket. That way it would be available to anyone wanting to make one for themselves.      

If you are planning on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Welcome aboard.  Sounds like you got a good deal on your Silver Wing too!  I love that color.  I searched far and wide when I bought mine and finally found a black one!!!

Of course BLACK was the ONLY color available in 2011-2013, so not a tough decision!!!   Shocked
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Sounds like a good buy to me. Enjoy, be safe watch for the other guy.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 9:00 am

Howdy Draco. Hmm, Boothbay Harbor, my neck of the woods too. My sister lived in Round Pond and Mom lived in Camden. Unfortunately Susie moved to Colorado and Mom passed away so we don't get back up that way anymore. As for trailering the SW, the same kind of ribbing goes on with Goldwings as no Wing rider wants to be seen wagging their bike, especially by a Harley rider. I've got a nice 4x10 tilt bed m/c trailer with front gravel guard and it has been all over the country. Outside of my bikes, it's been a good investment and serves double duty hauling lumber from Lowe's.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Welcome Draco!! Bloomfield NJ here!!
Back to top Go down
SteveSilverWing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
SteveSilverWing

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Welcome Draco!  

I am also new to this forum (1.5 weeks) and have already enjoyed mostly reading, but also asking for advice.

I just bought a new 2013 Honda Silver Wing ABS for twice what you paid.  Good for you!  Enjoy and be safe...I will too.  Wink

Steve in Los Angeles, CA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.   Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi all Scooter Enthusiasts ! I'm Draco. Just joined your group.
Page 1 of 1