Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches

Go down 
+3
model28a
john grinsel
GHM-PM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches Empty
PostSubject: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Cee Bailey

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches Before

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches Before1

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches After

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches After1

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches After2

I installed the above windshield yesterday.  So far it is excellent, and thanks to Jeff a very easy install.

I know this forum favors the Givi adjustable but I was looking for another option.

1. The C-B is 150 bucks cheaper.

2. I did not need the adjustable feature as once set I never change them.

3. I heard some negative aspects to the Givi such as price, top piece flying off and difficult install.

Anyway this is NOT an attack on the Givi but merely a search for a more affordable option.  I can now see over the windshield and yet still duck behind it as necessary and the extra 5 inches means no turbulence so color me very happy so far.

As I put more miles on it I will pass along comments both good and bad.

For more information the cost on the C-B was $100.00 USD plus $22.00 for Fed-Ex shipping.

Last edited by GHM-PM on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 5:25 pm

See over and it should be ok. I had at least one
CeeBaily on different bike, only comment, more air went up my nose than I planned on.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:11 pm

Glenn we all have different needs, that's why there's so many different brands out there. I glad you're happy with your choice that's the most important thing.
In reference to #3 above, on the price ok I'll give you that but as for the top piece flying off I don't think that's been a problem for more than one member. That's easy to avoid by just making sure the clamps holding the top piece are adjusted properly. I don't know why anyone should think it's difficult to install. The only thing different from any other windshield is the two holes you need to drill if you want to use the supports that come with it. I have one scooter I used the supports and one that I left the supports off and I can't tell any difference between the two, so I feel they could be left off if someone was uncomfortable drilling the holes.
I'm confident that you'll continue to enjoy your new windshield and not regret your purchase.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Glen,

The Cee Bailey's are good screens and I'm glad my pictorial was able to help. It is nice to have a higher screen isn't it? And CB makes windshields for airplanes so you know it isn't going anywhere. Tell us how you like it as you get more miles on it. I tried just about all of the screens on the SWing except the CB and maybe one other. I'm sure it will do great for you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:01 pm

As promised, here is some feedback on the Cee Bailey! I just completed a 625 mile trip to NE Arizona through some nasty weather. Rain, sleet, hail and WIND. The wind being the worse. With all the tupperware on the SW's they tend to catch the wind. In high winds the new windshield does flex more than OEM, at first disconcerting but it is 5 inches higher so... No serious problems though and overall I feel this was a wise purchase and wish I had done it 3 years ago!!! Sad At the price I certainly should have...
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:05 am

The 5 inches does make the bike much more ride-able than the stock shield, period. Wind/air management problem with current crop of Maxi-scooter....Is that your nose is too far from tip of shield......Design for showroom appeal over riding?

Real World Givi adjustable does allow you to monkey with getting correct/comfortable/safe windshield height----without sawing/cutting/grinding. I have purchased at least 3 GIVI adjustable shields----again real world, they work best in lowest position, left there. I keep a little WD-40 on clamp pivots, take top section off to wash.

As I am 15-20,000 miles from new bike purchase----would give Cee Bailey, another look for new bike, assuming it comes with crappy stock shield.

My experience / test rides, BMW 650 scooter, electric shield provides most buffet free ride in stock form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:16 pm

I see that you can get 20% off on the headlight guard if you buy it with the windshield. Basically you get it for $15. That's a pretty sweet deal. You can get the windshield tinted, even green if you like, how cool is that?

I wish I knew about these before I installed a Laminar Lip. It basically costs the same amount and while it does an adequate job it is a giant pain to keep clean.
Back to top Go down
roders
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:23 am

Since money is such a huge factor for me right now, I am thinking this might be the best choice for me.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:18 pm

...My experience / test rides, BMW 650 scooter, electric shield provides most buffet free ride in stock form...

That's what I'm finding on my 650GT. Of the big three, SW, B650 and 650GT with stock windshields my GT is the first one I didn't want to replace. Works quite well as is. Some on the BMW scooter forum gripe but I've found it to work well and really like the electrically adjustable positioning.
Back to top Go down
mlapoint
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:24 pm

I am 6'4" tall and am thinking of getting this CB screen! ☺
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:39 pm

I really liked the adjustable GIVI on my last SW. If I ever get another SW I won't waste time but will put another GIVI adjustable on the bike. Much less buffeting and noise than with just about any one piece windshield I've seen.
Back to top Go down
roders
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Glen, any more updates on the Cee Bailey? How many miles do you have on it now? Are you still satisfied with it?
Curious about how tall you are as I am 5' 10" and dont think I want to look through a windshield, over is just fine.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:50 pm

roders wrote:
Glen, any more updates on the Cee Bailey? How many miles do you have on it now? Are you still satisfied with it?
Curious about how tall you are as I am 5' 10" and dont think I want to look through a windshield, over is just fine.

I used to be 6 foot but as the years progress I am about 5'11 or so. Inseam is 32 inches... Don't ask waist size LOL.
No more long trips as of yet but a few short ones and still no complaints. If memory serves Cee Bailey told me to order larger than I thought I needed as they would do one cut for free if needed. In my case it was fine as ordered. Good luck. NOTE if your seat is not stock or you use a big pad this might impact size needed.
Back to top Go down
roders
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Did you order it directly from Cee Bailey?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 2:21 am

GHM-PM wrote:

I used to be 6 foot but as the years progress I am about 5'11 or so.  Inseam is 32 inches... Don't ask waist size LOL.

Same for me, I used to be a 72 1/2" tall but now about 5' 11" too but found the missing inch and a half in my waist size.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 2:12 pm

roders wrote:
Did you order it directly from Cee Bailey?

Yes I did. Link is in the first post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches   Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cee Bailey Windshield +5 inches
Page 1 of 1