Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 8:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:05 am

» Earth cable stress
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 11:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:05 pm

» LED Headlights
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 am

» Cooling fan still running
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
i phone holder I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

i phone holder

Go down 
+8
"Hi Yo"
dspevack
exavid
model28a
john grinsel
hotwings
Meldrew
gooffy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-09-13

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 8:27 pm

My sat nav has packed in , i was wandering if anyone has or knows if i can fit a handlebar holder to the swing for my i phone
i had my sat nav mounted in the middle and have tried to find an i phone holder
which would mount there

cheers

derek
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 8:35 pm

What type of iPhone do you have gooffy?
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 8:45 pm

samsung s pal my tomtom was an old style so bracket no good

i think i may have found one on e bay worth trying for a fiver
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:19 pm

planned my route Meldrew , stone henge stay at my Bros in poole for a day , then penzance, bangor
lakes then home Smile
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:08 pm

I modified an extra Otter box iphone holder i had laying around to fit a Ram ball mount. Now i can quickly switch from my Garmin gps to my Iphone 4. I'll soon be updating to the iphone 6 so the holder will be obsolete, but that's technology!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 8:20 pm

I say put it into your pocket and pay attention to riding---stop and view the detractions
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Come on, once you've put in your destination you only need the occasional quick glance down at a sat nav/GPS screen these days. It's not like looking down at a large square of map in the pocket of a tank bag trying to fathom out exactly where you are.

You're also getting audio instructions Bluetoothed into the earpieces in your helmet telling you what to do before you have to turn off or join another road etc. You're given those instructions at least a couple of miles before you turn off, so you're alert and ready to make the move.

I used to spend hours poring over maps route planning and printing and laminating route cards and I used to enjoy it too using a couple of box files full of maps which I'd regularly update. Nowadays I just can't be bothered with all that and let the sat nav do the work and it's great.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:37 am

I've removed a few posts that I felt were directed at people and not helpful or related to the topic.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 4:25 am

I too like using my iPhone bluetoothed to my helmet. You could get a cheap plastic snap on case and attach it too the center of the plastic handlebar cover with a pair of sheet metal screws. Then all you'd have to do would be to pop the phone into the case. For a neater set up I had an aluminum plate I attached to the handlebar by using two longer screws where the existing center screws in the cover are with a couple spacers (or piles of washers). Then you could use just about any kind of attachment to the plate without defacing the bike. The phone could be plugged into the outlet in the left hand cuddy. If you don't have a socket in the box you can get a snap in socket that's easy to wire back to your battery with an inline fuse holder. I only had to remove the left rear panel and worked a straightened coat hanger wire down from the hole where the box was mounted down under the bike, then pulled the extended socket leads through and cut them off the wire. Then I ran the wire from the battery box back down toward the front under the bike and taped the electric wire to the fishing wire and pulled it back into the battery box area. Connect to the battery through the inline fuse and voila!

http://wingstuff.com/products/3446-universal-power-plugs
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 10:21 am

A couple problems for me using the iphone as a GPS is travelling north and hitting dead spots with no cell phone reception. Unless the maps are pre downloaded, you're done. Also while riding in the US, cell phone data would not be an option due to the extravagant cost, but now we canuks can thanks to my cell companies "roam like home" plan-$5 a day, implemented last year! Another problem i find is the iphone is not glove friendly like the Garmin GPS is. Removing a glove at highway speeds is not recommended Smile .
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:35 am

I see I get edited out!!! Non-rider admin? Maps work until they get real wet....over the years I see it is ok to pick on me......but not me fighting, complaining back. This forum is getting dull and little riding being done
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 12:32 pm

John,
Not sure who edited you or what was removed, but you know the rules and goals of the forum.
If I had to guess, you probably put down others and then have the nerve to play victim.

Its obvious this forum no longer suits your needs. Don't want to dull your senses. Go Riding.
Online: feel free to go elsewhere.....OH....WAIT....There really isn't anywhere else to go, is there? No

Hmmmm....That's a tough one. And considering how much you've pissed off mods in the past...
myself included...perhaps you should consider yourself lucky it was an edit rather than a suspension
or a ban.

MOD DAN
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm

I say power play-----keep this stuff fun and ride.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
i phone holder 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:25 pm

john grinsel wrote:
I say power play-----keep this stuff fun and ride.
I say: Look to the man in the mirror. Smile Poor John!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
i phone holder 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:26 pm

model28a wrote:
I've removed a few posts that I felt were directed at people and not helpful or related to the topic.  
   applause    applause    applause    applause    applause    applause    applause    applause    applause    applause    applause    applause Feel free to remove this!!!!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:01 pm

john grinsel wrote:
keep this stuff fun and ride.

On this we agree.
What you don't get is that putting others down isn't fun for them.
So either we edit you or we put you down (by which I mean suspend or ban)
So like you say John. "Keep this stuff fun."
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't know if it's the same in the UK or Europe but here we have the option of either a phone based gps or mapping or a stand alone gps. Our phones all have a gps receiver originally installed to help first responders to find people who use the 911 emergency number.
In my iPhone I have two GPS programs, TomTom and Garmin. Both operate without being in a phone coverage area. In fact one of my older iPhones that are no longer operative as phones still work fine as a GPS. These standalone apps aren't very expensive I believe each one of mine was around $40. They both come with lifetime free map updates. Can't beat that for an inexpensive GPS especially if you have an Android or iPhone already, or even a no longer used on in a drawer somewhere.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-05-01

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 pm

We both use the Aduro case/holster (around 15 bucks depending on your phone) modified to be a Ram Mount. I attached a ram diamond ball (RAM-B-238U) to the belt clip so we can still use the rotate feature while the phone is in the holster. This setup is almost three years old and shows no sign of wear or fatigue on the holster.
I also use the setup on my bicycle that gets 15 to 20 mile rides in the desert at least three times a week. The phone has never come out of the holster during my occasional crash on the bicycle.

****I noticed the picture of the mount on the Silverwing is upside down. I trimmed the bottom as to access the audio/charge port while on the wing****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fLRGf48xU4

i phone holder Img_1216
i phone holder Img_1211
i phone holder Img_1212
i phone holder Img_1213
i phone holder Img_1215
Back to top Go down
damian30
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-02-18

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 10:41 pm

I have a case for my iPhone that I got on ebay for about £15. Has the 1in diameter ball that fits ram mount set ups.
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 7:58 am

thanks for the help and replys folks Smile

Back to top Go down
scooter trash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-24

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 2:54 am

Meldrew wrote:
What type of iPhone do you have gooffy?
Hello Mildew!....Long time no hear from You.Im still on My Beemwe. Hope You are still on Your Scoot!
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 7:38 pm

waws going to upload how i attached i phone holder but dont know how to ha
Back to top Go down
gooffy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
gooffy

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 8:15 pm

i phone holder 20150411

i phone holder 20150412
Back to top Go down
Majac00
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-09-05

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2015 9:11 pm

This one is working out well for me. It holds the phone, otterbox and all.
http://www.rammount.com/products/xgrip/un7_learn
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 5:27 am

Thanks for the link Majac00. Looks good to me I have everything for that but the X holder itself and will order one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i phone holder Empty
PostSubject: Re: i phone holder   i phone holder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i phone holder
Page 1 of 1