Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Heidelberg, Germany

Go down 
+2
model28a
Dreirad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreirad
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dreirad

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-03-15

Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello Everybody,

my Name is Peter, 57, married and living at Heidelberg county, Germany.
Though having a licence for Motorbikes for years, I bought my first bike in April 2014: A 2001 Silver Wing, 49000km/30000miles, looked rather "used"  but running. With a Sidecar.
One of the reasons: My wife never would take place on the backseat of a motorbike. The first ride with lent helmets was a big surprise for me: she was hooked at once!
Now we are looking forward to trip to Scotland in May.
By the way, actually I try to improve my English. Please excuse my mistakes, schooltime is long ago...

So have a safe journey everyone!
Best regards from Heidelberg

Peter
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 pm

welcome
Hello Peter welcome to the forum. You've found the best place to learn all about your "new" to you Silverwing.
I wouldn't worry about your English. It looks like you speak English as good or better than a lot of people here in the US. Also I'd be lost if I tried to communicate in German.
Perhaps sometime down the road you'll find another Silverwing and your wife will take over the one with the sidecar. Smile

If you plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum. I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 4:49 pm

welcome And another for the one in the sidecar. welcome
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Welcome. Sidecar outfit is much safer than the 3 wheel trikes seen in the US.....but riding skill needed. I rode sidecar outfits for over 40 years----from R51/3 BMW Steib S350, Harley factory setup
1966 and MZ (Wildschei 300 conversion-better Koni sidecar damper on sidecar wheel from him, too) in the end

Does your outfit have TUV? 3rd wheel brake?

I now have about 100,000 km SilverWing experience----to me they have no known serious defects but in sidecar use I would expect short drive belt life-----carry a new one with you as dealers will not have them in stock if you break one underway. Several years ago one German magazine did test of Helix gespann=every 4,000 km it ate a belt in hard use.

SilverWing fuel use----I can do near 4 liter per 100km in gentle solo use---I would think at European speeds you can expect 8 liters per 100km or more.

Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Peter,

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new SWing. Your english is just fine so don't worry about anything. Most americans, myself included, are "dummkopf's"when it comes to english. lol If you have any questions please just ask away. Again, welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dreirad
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dreirad

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:50 pm

There´s more business around me as I thought and so this is the third attempt for an answer.

Hello and thanks for the friendly welcome and the links.
Its a good deal of work for me reading al the themes and posts, but I´m working on it. Seems as if I found a good dictionary...

To Johns questions: Of course I got a TÜV-seal on the license plate. Thats a prescription for using a vehicle on German roads. (Welcome to Germany, the home of rules Smile )
The 3rd wheel has a brake. It works together with the frontwheel brake. The belt worked about 5000 km from buying the the SW one year ago up to now. A week ago I had a main service on the bike and the belt was renewed. I´m curious how long it will work.
Fuel use : About 6 liters in gentle use. Very gentle. With a sidecar the SW is a comfy cruiser perhaps a bit "sedate". By the way, European Speeds are just possibilities Smile

So far, so good for today, greetings from Heidelberg
Peter
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi Drei, welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Heidelberg, Germany    Hello from Heidelberg, Germany  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Heidelberg, Germany
Page 1 of 1