Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

greetings from scotland

Go down 
+2
hawkeye3guns
phils a winger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
phils a winger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
phils a winger

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2014-09-27

greetings from scotland Empty
PostSubject: greetings from scotland   greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 4:15 am

I must have registered when i bought my silver wing but never got round to doing an intro. Thought it was time i did so here goes, i have a 08 abs model with 16000, picked it up from a dealer for 2495 and got 1500 for a 59 xmax 250, the most uncomfortable, unreliable scoot ever made. not gonna say any more just glad to see the back of it.

In addition to the swing I have for my sins an 82 gl1100 gold wing and an 85 virago, they usually take it in turns as to which gets summer use. As i've just turned 60 this month i hope to have all 3 running this summer for a change.

Although now living in scotalnd, past 20 years, i am actually a Yorkshire refugee having lived in leeds 25 years and the rest of my life in the wakefield area. Been a biker most of my adult life except for a sixteen year vacation after i got married, was told get another bike and were finished, it'll be a divorce. well still married, now have three bikes, the wing i've owned for 10 years .....
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-11-09

PostSubject: Re: greetings from scotland   greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 4:30 am

Hi phils a winger
Great to see another rider on here and welcome. Me and my son have found a lot of great help and info on here about our 2002 Swing. I'm like you have been a biker since I was 9 on me dad's farm, I only rode BSA'a though up till 2001 when I had a bike smash (half way round a bend then onto 3" of mud) Wife banned me from another bike also Smile But after first building a kit car and scaring her stupid and then power boats before finally a high speed jetski she has now let's me ride again on either the Swing or my old majesty. Maybe we will meet up sometime
regards Denzil
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
greetings from scotland 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: greetings from scotland   greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 8:18 am

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to your next post........in about a year.  Of course keeping three bikes running and a wife happy is a full time job.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: greetings from scotland   greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 4:41 pm

welcome
Welcome to the forum Phil. I guess you've been on here long enough to know your way around. I too ride an 08 most of the time. I think the Silverwing is the best scooter out there, for me at least. If you ever need help and you can't find what you need looking through previous posts feel free to ask and someone will try to help you find the information you need.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: greetings from scotland   greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Welcome Phil and hope you enjoy the Swing and the site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: greetings from scotland   greetings from scotland I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 11:41 pm

Welcome Phil, I also have an 08 SWing and love it. I also love coming to this site for information which I've used several times already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: greetings from scotland   greetings from scotland I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

greetings from scotland
Page 1 of 1