Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Corbin seat on my CTX700

Go down 
+11
PeterC
gremlin
Jinglebob
Deno070
Greysilver
Dale N.
The Scootist
CathyN
"Hi Yo"
model28a
JeffR
15 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Corbin seat on my CTX700 Empty
PostSubject: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi,

I just rode down this morning and installed my new Corbin seat on my CTX700 and I have to say it is a great improvement.  I never thought about getting a Corbin when I had my SWing, because it is a very comfortable seat and has that great butt-rest, but the CTX doesn't have that kind of seat.  It is a somewhat straight seat that doesn't offer any kind of butt-rest at all.  I found my tailbone get a bit sore because it this.  It may not be due to the seat but that I just have a bad back.  But as soon as I sat on the Corbin I knew that this would be a great improvement.  The CTX is an extremely smooth bike but the seat just kicked it up a notch...for me at least.  Here is a pic of the seat if I can remember how to attach a pic.  lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 pm

That sure looks like a comfortable seat. I bought a used Corbin seat for my Silverwing but I didn't ask any questions about it before I bought it. After I installed it and sat on it I thought it was going to be the best upgrade I'd done. Then when I rode with it for a few long rides I realized I sat lower and closer to the dash. I bought the Silverwing because it fit me well with the problems I have with my hips. I could've lived with it if it moved me back a little, but sitting forward some made the cutouts in the floorboards too far back making me have to spread my legs too much. Someday if I can afford to buy one new I can have it made to sit me back some or at least not forward any and no lower than stock I'll try again. I know the seat itself felt great and I wish it would've worked out for me. It did fit a friend perfect so he bought it from me and is real happy with it.
If you didn't buy a backrest for it and decide you want one I can give you a link to someone who sells them on ebay for under $30 including shipping. That's a lot better than the $217 that I believe Corbin gets for them. Let us know how you like it after a few longer rides with it.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 am

Hi,

It was pointed out to me that only "Admins" could reply to this post. Can a member reply to this post to see if I lifted the restriction properly so 'members' can post? I'm not sure why the restriction was placed on this one subject but I hope I did it right and members can post. Thanks for telling me CathyN and hope it works.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:03 pm

It worked for this member of the lower class. Laughing I like the piping on the seat. Gives it that little extra. You're sitting pretty. cheers
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:30 pm

Thanks, Jeff as Lewis points out it is now working. Nice seat. I agree with Lewis the piping looks good. Having a comfortable seat makes a huge difference. I find the SW seat to hard. The Airhawk makes my ride so much more enjoyable. Also, has me sit a bit higher so I have more leg room.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:48 pm

I never thought of wanting a Corbin on the SWing, since I thought it was so comfortable, but the CTX's stock seat doesn't have a butt-rest. I would use an Air Hawk as well on my SWing on long rides but if it was under 2 hours or so I did just fine. But the Corbin was great for the 75 miles. I'm going on a longer ride today just for "scientific reasons" to do 'scientific testing" on the Corbin. Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:07 pm

When I started riding the SW that first fall I had to get off after and hour. Bob and I would be riding and he could go longer on his bike. We didn't have any communication other then hand signals. Some of those rides with him leading which was most of the time, I thought I was going to jump off my seat from being uncomfortable. I have back issues too. Over the winter I bought an Airhawk. Good decision.

I wish I could go on some "scientific testing" itis 21° and dropping. Sad Sad .
Enjoy your ride. Be safe.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:23 pm

Cathy:
I wonder if the "one hour limit" is a design feature of the Silverwing seat because that was my limit too. If I didn't stop and stretch the discomfort would quickly become unbearable. I finally sprung for an Airhawk and it solved the problem.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:32 pm

I found it affordable without springing for a custom seat that I wasn't sure I would be happy with and I made the right choice. Bob ended up with one because his seat was wearing out. He found it better too.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Just a question. Which Airhawk size did you put on your SWings?

Never mind answering. That search thingie sure works great! After I hit "send" the words "Search for it dummy" popped into my head. The POP almost made the cat jump off the couch. Razz
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Dale,

If you are interested I can sell you my Air Hawk. I think they have 2 Air Hawks now and I have the one cost approx $150, or the deluxe one. I think this is the one I have:

http://www.motorcyclecushions.net/products/airhawk-medium-cruiser

Don't feel pressured though. It is in real good shape since I only used it on long rides.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Dale,
The medium Airhawk 1 is the one I have too.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: thanks for the comment   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:17 pm

JeffR wrote:
Hi,

I just rode down this morning and installed my new Corbin seat on my CTX700 and I have to say it is a great improvement.  I never thought about getting a Corbin when I had my SWing, because it is a very comfortable seat and has that great butt-rest,  lol

Thanks for that comment JEFF. This will save me a boat load of money. Yes the s wing seat is all right as is, maybe better with a lambs wool cover.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:29 pm

I purchased my Corbin seat last year. Big difference in comfort, find myself riding longer now. Congrats Jeff!
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 8:40 pm

I put a Corbin seat on my SWing. It really has made a huge difference for me.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 8:57 pm

I have a 2 year old Corbin getting ready to sell. Was on a 2006 Swing and it looked gorgeous and was comfortable. I'll miss it. Pics to come soon.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:52 am

I wish I could find one of these over here in Australia, they just look soooooo comfortable Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:56 am

Maybe Deno will fly it over in person for you if you buy his! The exchange rate is pretty good for the Mericans at the moment. Wink
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:38 am

If there was any flying to be done, it would be me picking it up, since my daughter just moved to New York. It would be an amazing piece of cabin luggage to bring back
I  think there is a very good custom seat builder in Melbourne. I have seen some of his work and might approach him for a quote.
As I mentioned before, I would be happy with a single comfortable seat, if I could think of something suitable to fill the space behind it.
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:13 am

Now that seat looks sweet Gremlin!  

I'd been having a think about other uses for the space and I doubt you'll like any of them:
> Mini 'A' board to sell advertising space
> retro chrome luggage rack with a couple of stylish Louis Vuitton bags strapped to it
> Vertical display cabinet for selling donuts, watches, other...like an asian street vendor
> mean mother doof doof sound system
> jet pack for vertical escape

Well at least I've been thinking about it....   What a Face
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:24 am

yes, or i could put a small still on it and follow the French tradition of moving from vineyard to vineyard to make brandy for the locals. scratch

Or a PTO driven grindstone and ride through Victoria and ruin everybody's knives and scissors.
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:46 am

gremlin wrote:
yes, or i could put a small still on it and follow the French tradition of moving from vineyard to vineyard to make brandy for the locals. scratch

Or a PTO driven grindstone and ride through Victoria and ruin everybody's knives and scissors.

Hahaha love it. Okay, one last shot - how about a travel companion? If not a human one then maybe a Blue Heeler or Kelpie, or a big cuddly Teddy bear (all chick magnets BTW). Cool
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:33 am

PeterC wrote:
Maybe Deno will fly it over in person for you if you buy his!  The exchange rate is pretty good for the Mericans at the moment. Wink

Well, i wish. Even though I am a fellow Australian ACT area orginaly.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:34 am

gremlin wrote:
If there was any flying to be done, it would be me picking it up, since my daughter just moved to New York. It would be an amazing piece of cabin luggage to bring back
I  think there is a very good custom seat builder in Melbourne. I have seen some of his work and might approach him for a quote.
As I mentioned before, I would be happy with a single comfortable seat, if I could think of something suitable to fill the space behind it.

Funny thing is that I am in New Jersey. Next state over. Lol
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 am

Great looking seat JeffR ... I especially like the piping. My trouble with the stock SW seat is I keep sliding forward on it ... it's as if it is not sculpted enough to "saddle" me in.

On the AirHawk ... mine is a medium and it fits great. ~ BugJr ~
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:38 am

I keep sliding off my S wing seat the first time I went to register my Swing while parking at very slow parking,and slide forward dropped the bike in slow motion. I solved the problem by removing 1 " on the seat pad leaving the front part of the seat intact. My photo album might show the dip in the seat pan. I used a electric bread slicer to carve out the seat,trimming the sides to make it easer to flat foot at a stop.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:54 am

tinman wrote:
... snipped ... I solved the problem by removing 1 " on the seat pad leaving the front part of the seat intact. My photo album might show the dip in the seat pan.

Can't seem to access your photo album. Maybe I have a big butt that fills in too much of the valley and pushes my crotch into the front nose of the seat. This and the hesitant planting of the front end are my only two complaints about my SW.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:57 am

gremlin wrote:
<> I  think there is a very good custom seat builder in Melbourne. I have seen some of his work and might approach him for a quote.

Gremlin, Maybe your custom seat builder would be able to make something like a Corbin Smuggler's Trunk on the rear half of the seat pan. Here's an unbelievably long link. I've also seen a Smugglers Trunk for a Ducati which apeared to strap on to the existing seat. You'll have to search for that one though.
https://www.google.com/search?q=motorcycle+smuggler+trunk&prmd=sivn&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=rbpZFAWg8DIAPM%253A%252C09f_zF615p2VMM%252C_%253B5u_NdFbXG-xnoM%253A%252CQo3uiDaj0JxLOM%252C_%253BTOywDFflQ0jpTM%253A%252CHlDA765v1w6m3M%252C_%253BxBNngZE-kpyhMM%253A%252Cwc1UEC27F_SukM%252C_%253BxxzLAelOr45L3M%253A%252Cizj-EYb8G4vpXM%252C_%253BYDE1-zzaz0qnWM%253A%252CVLrYSBxvldwEQM%252C_%253B_e6rIf0B_FNWnM%253A%252CroovhaPYhrOlZM%252C_%253B8zezskVkdSNxwM%253A%252CrMo--dckRncCYM%252C_%253BdMIqi0KLf55iXM%253A%252CCn-q2na4pztwJM%252C_%253BvmZTEtYe32_lBM%253A%252Cll8ObYuH_8jtfM%252C_&usg=__NJwjKoo8iBB3xASsCPVJg1RdUuc%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwik2fubzvzKAhVMKCYKHWxGBkIQ420IYw&biw=1024&bih=728#imgrc=ZBB2i3AtWx44qM%3A
Anyway, My 2¢
Tim

Sheesh, could this have been posted in any smaller text?
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:16 pm

sonuvabug wrote:

Can't seem to access your photo album.  Maybe I have a big butt that fills in too much of the valley and pushes my crotch into the front nose of the seat.  This and the hesitant planting of the front end are my only two complaints about my SW.

I was able to access his album and pictures of his "Precious". Looks good tinman.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Thanks for the link, Cosmic_Jumper,  yes, among the selection of smuggler's trunks there  are some good looking ones.  They sure wouldn't have one for the SW, and custom making and painting one would not be in my budget. " She, who must be obeyed" would never approve the funding for that. Rolling Eyes
[img]New Corbin seat on my CTX700 Images11[/img]
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 am

Found Tinman's album ... I was looking in his profile ... I forgot how this website is set up. The shaving looks subtle but I do see the "scallop".
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:56 am

the carving was about 1" deep.the side carving is what you see .the centre carving is not seen as much as the front and the but rest was not carved leaving  a gape of air space in the centre. There  is dip on the seat to keep you from sliding off . It took about one hour to remove carve and staple the cover back on.Like a catchers mit,a big plus that keep's me on the seat when front wheel lock up.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:23 am

gremlin wrote:
Thanks for the link, Cosmic_Jumper,  yes, among the selection of smuggler's trunks there  are some good looking ones.  They sure wouldn't have one for the SW, and custom making and painting one would not be in my budget. " She, who must be obeyed" would never approve the funding for that. Rolling Eyes
New Corbin seat on my CTX700 <a href=New Corbin seat on my CTX700 Images11" />
My 'she who must be obeyed' went away, good times
Never going back to the plantation Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Corbin seat on my CTX700   New Corbin seat on my CTX700 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Corbin seat on my CTX700
Page 1 of 1