Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga Empty
PostSubject: Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga   Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:12 pm

Checking my oil change records for past 60 days in Chattanooga for 2 machines=401 miles. I use bike/scooter for everything, shopping, grocery, parts pick up, etc. Chattanooga boring for me, I guess.

But for 2014, I did ride about 30,000 total miles on 3 machines, Burgman 400(gone now) new SilverWing and my TU250 Suzuki.

SilverWing gets the nod in rain=dry feet thing and for heavy shopping due to ability to carry a lot, easy and safely.

2015 different for me----2 machines out of warranty. Soon trip to Key West after 5 Feb with new dog. Which bike?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga   Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 pm

John,

Do you plan to buy a new bike this year? You sure do put a lot of miles every year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga   Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:31 pm

N.E Iowa; 0 miles; cold storage. But I'm ready.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga   Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 am

No new bike for me this year=money, really in scooter market probably nothing better than left over SilverWing...and I already have one! Motorcycles=TU250 works fine. Maybe SR400 interesting, had new SR500 '78.

Note: As you get older (I'll be 76 in May).....400 pound Motorcycle probably easier and safer to ride than overweight, sometimes top heavy scooter with linked brakes...and not the greatest throttle tip in. Knees on tank, weight on foot rest=better control.
Back to top Go down
4getful2
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
4getful2

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga   Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 5:32 pm

30,000 miles a year. WOW!!
You're not home very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga   Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad number of Winter Miles in Chattanooga
Page 1 of 1