Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!

Go down 
+2
dspevack
HORNBLOWER
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2013-10-08

My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 7:17 am

Well it's time to go out in the garage and have a tidy up, move some bikes round and get the Silverwing up on the workbench.
I've got a Toccano Urbano apron to fit to keep the lovely UK rain off whilst riding.
A set of HID lights for main and dipped to fit.
Stiebel horn.
Last but not least Dr Pulley25g sliders.
I also need to fit the power lead for my Garmin Zumo 660.
Then toying with the idea of fitting the Leo Vince can, however some advise on what problems I will be facing coz its a 2004 without cats would be great. Has anyone on here done it, if so how did you get round the bike running lean?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 9:26 am

When I fit my leo Vince (on a 2003 so essentially the same bike) I also added a power commander.
Allows you to adjust the air to fuel ratio across the entire range. Smoothes out the power band and gets you the best acceleration.

Dan
Back to top Go down
paulc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:08 am

How do you get the power lead for sat nav in? Do you have to take all the plastic off?
Back to top Go down
Tourezrick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2014-09-12

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:50 am

No presents for the scooter! I, on the other hand, got a tube of "Chamois But'r", the bicyclists cure for monkey butt, so, it sorta kinda was a gift for the SWing and I. My story and I'm sticking to it!
Back to top Go down
Tourezrick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 am

dspevack wrote:
When I fit my leo Vince (on a 2003 so essentially the same bike) I also added a power commander.
Allows you to adjust the air to fuel ratio across the entire range. Smoothes out the power band and gets you the best acceleration.

Dan

Dan,
How has the Power Commander worked out for you so far? Been thinking about the 8552 muffler and maybe a PC for the summer.

Thanks,

Rick
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Tourezrick wrote:
No presents for the scooter! I, on the other hand, got a tube of "Chamois But'r", the bicyclists cure for monkey butt, so, it sorta kinda was a gift for the SWing and I. My story and I'm sticking to it!

Gee, does that mean that your riding buddy has to But'r up your butt when you're on a multi day ride? Ooo, leather & but'r... that's so Butch.

Tim

Show me a scooterist who rides side saddle...
Back to top Go down
Tourezrick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Tourezrick wrote:

Gee, does that mean that your riding buddy has to But'r up your butt when you're on a multi day ride? Ooo, leather & but'r... that's so Butch.

Tim

Show me a scooterist who rides side saddle...

No, Tim.Buttering up is still self service only! But I have a true story from sports car racing days and a friend's polo nodal cyst, and duct tape! But this is a family site, so it shall remain unpublished!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Power commander is an awesome upgrade. Had it on my bike for years.
Don't know anyone whose gotten one and regretted it.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:51 pm

paulc wrote:
How do you get the power lead for sat nav in? Do you have to take all the plastic off?

You simply plug the sat nav lead into the 12v power socket in the left side glovebox pocket. Usually you'll have to crimp a 12v plug onto the power lead as both the TomTom and Garmin sat navs I've used only had plugs fitted to the leads supplied for car use.

I've already got all the stuff I need for my Silver Wing so this year I started buying presents for my Dutch push bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!   My wing got more presents than me this Christmas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wing got more presents than me this Christmas!
Page 1 of 1