Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Corona Virus
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 7:09 pm

» Garfield Introduction
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Today at 4:03 pm

» New Project TMAX 500
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 7:36 am

» Back in Idaho
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» It's been a long time
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 3:25 pm

» Regards from Croatia
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 3:20 pm

» Engine dying , oil additives
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Accident Statistics
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Yesterday at 10:32 am

» WTB: Silverwing
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby mondodemundo Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:50 pm

» Share your Photos
Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Curious about the East Coast weather ???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Curious about the East Coast weather ??? Empty
PostSubject: Curious about the East Coast weather ???   Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi,

Just wondering of anyone out East can tell us how things are going. We have seen on TV all the snow you have gotten and now it is getting warmer. Has the snow started to melt or floods started to happen yet? I hope you all stay safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverwing600.com
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Curious about the East Coast weather ???   Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi, Jeff! No big snow yet in south central Pennsylvania as in or near Buffalo, New York. We're a bit too far away for the really big "lake effect" snows, but our sub-freezing temps have departed in favor of the current 68 degree Fahrenheit (20 Celsius) sunny Monday.

Right now, the forecast is up to 12 inches (approx. 30.5 cm) of snowfall on a Wednesday nor'easter. Such a forecast, while not uncommon in several areas of the US in late November, is very unusual here.

We usually dismiss large accumulation forecasts this time of year and expect them fizzle out, but one of these days we're going to get it! I already purchased a bucket of ice melt, though.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Curious about the East Coast weather ???   Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:01 pm

NJ due to get about 8" from Wednesday to Thursday. Yesterday though was 71 and a bit cloudy. Took the Swing out for a couple of hours running errands. Gotta take advantage of those days.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Curious about the East Coast weather ???   Curious about the East Coast weather ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 7:12 am

Hi JeffR !

I'm sure you are not asking about the Nova Scotia weather ...... but want to say it has been terrible here! I have been trying to build am 8 X 12 shed for scooter storage since mid-October and you can't get any decent weather in a stretch to get it done. Rain,wind and at other times freezing temperatures. Today we have a nor-easter rolling through. I'm on the rainy side whereas northern NS and NB are mostly seeing snow. This weather will probably make Buffalo even more of a mess. All that said .... yesterday was mild and dry enough to go for the first ride, albeit a short ride, in about 2 weeks. Sure was a nice experience !

Happy Thanksgiving !
Mike
Back to top Go down

Curious about the East Coast weather ???
Page 1 of 1