Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ever had your scooter broken into?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Ever had your scooter broken into?  Empty
PostSubject: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 7:03 am

Tonight while at work at some point some meth head as the most likely suspect broke into my locked glove box on my scooter. I came out after work and it was not closed and I left it closed. Finger prints are all over the area. I don't know what the loser thought they were going to score in a scooter but the only thing in there other then my papers was a tire pressure gage, and they stole it.

I guess I will try parking it around the front and maybe hassle idiots I see cutting through our lot. Anyone looks dodgy and I'll say hey get off this lot or I will call security.

I did not want to call 911 over this and the police station is a mere 200 yards or less away but a drive through their lot I did not see any cops out at night. The glove box mechanism seems to be messed up. It closes but not as smooth. I don't know how they pried it up without busting the lock.

Stupid tweekers.
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:28 am

Perhaps a cover would dissuade the casual criminal. The unfortunate part of living in society is that you cannot really protect your stuff from ne'er do wells.

A shock providing force field would be good. A facial recognition, roof mounted, (your workplace), PTZ sick ray would be even better.

http://www.intopsys.com/nonlethal.html

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am

What year is your scooter?
From 2007-2008 Model year Swing has had a textured dash with different glove compartment covers and a beefier lock.

It wont do a whole lot to improve the situation in that if someone wants in, they will get in.
And if you already have that dash there is no improvement available.

If you don't however, the dash and glove box replacement is a significant visual improvement, offers slightly more space in glove box due to higher clearance covers and both the locking and non locking mechanisms are more secure. Some people had problems with the old dash non locking side staying shut over bumps and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Sorry for your loss. I have not yet had my SWing broken into or any type of theft. I have thought about getting some type of an alarm system since getting stuff stolen would be costly to replace as my insurance has a high deductable.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 pm

I am still in shock anyone would risk jail time over the all of nothing they can get in the scooter. I have a 2003 S wing, on the left side is the locked side the busted into and stole a tire gage. On the other side is the un locked one that has night riding glasses in it but those were left un touched.

They stole a 2.50 item and left a 10.00 item in place. And I guess they did not realize there was storage under the seat.

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:15 pm

For Dimond, and others thinking about an alarm, the top of the line motorcycle alarm can be found here:

http://ridescorpio.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:51 am

SilverwingInIdaho wrote:
I have a 2003 S wing, on the left side is the locked side the busted into and stole a tire gage. On the other side is the un locked one that has night riding glasses in it but those were left un touched.

To the pea brain of your average thief, if it has a lock there MUST be something inside worth stealing Rolling Eyes

As a mate of mine always said when asked why he never locked his workshop ....... "a lock only keeps out an honest man" ...
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:46 am

I met a police officer outside of my building where I work after I called and asked if they wanted the prints. They took a report but said the prints would be a waste of time. It turns out the other house keeper was out on a smoke break when the perps drove by her and stopped looking at the people in the smoking area in the apartment building next door. They must have realized they could have been observed doing the deed, then they looked over at her, realized they were being observed and she said they sped off like a bat out of hell. Got a good description for the police, I just have to email it in.

The cop told me the prints are useless and that the best thing to do it catch them red handed and beat the crap out of them. hahaha That's what he said.
Back to top Go down
SilverwingInIdaho
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:57 am

Well I discovered that they broke the arm that connects to the hatch of the locked glove box. It's broken on the inside so I did not see it. Looks like it's hanging by a thread.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 2:19 pm

I never lock that compartment unless I put something in there worth stealing (I do keep my 7" Tablet in there when using it via bluetooth headphones so occasionally I lock it when running into a store or something.) The most anyone could steal from there is a pair of gloves. If they need them bad enough to steal them then they can have them. I have plenty of gloves and know where to get more.

When I lived in an apartment complex in Virginia I found a knife blade broken off in the ignition of my Yamaha motorcycle. I had locked the wheel and then ever even got as far as unlocking that, much less getting it started. I think that's the closest I have come to a bike related crime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever had your scooter broken into?    Ever had your scooter broken into?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever had your scooter broken into?
Page 1 of 1