Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I am Butlerized now

Go down 
+7
bigbird
ScooterBJ
tinman
Meldrew
Scootn56
dspevack
kenvb
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kenvb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
kenvb

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-07-06

I am Butlerized now  Empty
PostSubject: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:06 pm

found a Butler on Ebay for $45.00 delivered. bolted right on. this afternoon the cruise control came from Ontario  and wind wings came from England too.  in a Honda parts box.  phoned local Honda dealer the part no. no good he said?  will install the wings tomorrow .

I am Butlerized now  2005SilverwingwithButlermug_zpsa587043d
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Please link to the butler so we can better understand it.
All I see is a mug big enough to water a horse!

What type of cruise control are you using?

Honda air deflectors not an option in North America, so its logical they wouldn't have the info.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Scootn56
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-02-23

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:13 am

The Butler Cup is the best addition I have added to my bikes I have them on both my Goldwing 1800 and my Reflex Scooter. The holder for the cup is a quality made set up that looks great on your bike. I don't plan to have a bike without one. You can check them out here http://www.glassact.com/
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:44 am

Got it. I'll stick with the bar buoy.
It doesn't hold something quite so big, but not as bulky either.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:29 am

Being on the proper side of the Atlantic, I really don't get this beverage holder thing at all, especially a whopping big  34oz insulated mug stuck in front of the handlebars. 34oz converts to a litre, does anyone really need to slurp a litre of hot coffee on the move?  Coffee also acts as a diuretic so you'll need to stop to take a leak a lot more often, which is also the ideal opportunity to take a drink anyway.

No doubt someone will say it's for cold drinks and keeping rehydrated in hot weather by drinking little and often. Lifting the mug out of it's holder and poking the straw into your mouth might be OK with an open face helmet on the move. but not so straight forward if you're wearing a full face or flip front.

I'm not just being this miserable British git here who usually has a downer on other members mods, isn't it a lot less hassle to wear a Camel bak 'hydration system'. You can put ice cubes or even freeze the contents then it's nice and cool on your back in hot weather. As the flexible drinking tube is clipped onto one of the shoulder straps, it's only a couple of inches from your chin and taking regular sips from the bite valve is effortless.

Of course the beverage holder is more or less exclusively an American thing, they're not a must have accessory in the UK or Europe, the one exception is of course the Gold Wing owner. They have to have everything the average US Gold Wing owner clutters up his bike with.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:40 am

It is illegal to drink and use the  cel phone wile  driving .You can pay a hefty fine   if you are caught doing anything distracting ,but I see it happening all the time.I don't have a cup holder and I don't want one . I would rather ride 100 miles or more stop at a coffee shop for a break.I do see a lot of vehicles stop along the hwy to talk on the cell phone,but I still see a lot of empty coffee cups along the road.
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:12 am

The one time I installed a cup holder, on a scoot/moto was about 10 years back, on my TGB Delivery 150 (I miss that great scoot). My commute to work was about 3 miles on city streets. I would stop off at Dunkin to pick up a large coffee. Never drank while riding, it was just a way to hold the drink until I arrived at work. I suppose I could have accomplished the same using a thermos tossed into the trunk.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:14 am

Meldrew,
You are looking at it from the perspective of a long ride.

Lets say I'm a business man going to the office in the morning.
I've got enough to worry about trying to keep my suit looking presentable.
I'm already riding with gear that makes me perspire if its the least bit pleasantly warm.
I don't want to throw on a camelback (condensation stains are just as bad as perspiration stains) for a 45 minute drive to work (30 minutes + traffic).
Also morning coffee on the go is just the way people roll in America, and I would think many other countries.  If the weather is cold, warm coffee is just the thing to keep you warm on the ride to work.
Those who need caffeine aren't used to taking it all at once in a pill (miserable on the stomach). They have to drink quite a lot of liquid to get it, and especially if its hot, that takes time....something we never seem to have enough of.  
So the ride to work is the perfect time to finish the morning coffee (or soda if that's your caffeine source).

Dan
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 am

Meldrew wrote:
Being on the proper side of the Atlantic, I really don't get this beverage holder thing at all,  

Being on the improper side of the Atlantic, I also really don't get this beverage holder thing at all.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 am

tinman wrote:
<>I don't have a cup holder and I don't want one . I would rather ride 100 miles or more stop at a coffee...

Wha? In Canada you've got to ride a hundred miles for a coffee? Since Nunavut doesn't have any roads and NWT only has 3, I'm guessing that you probably live in Labrador. Wink

Tim
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:21 am

bigbird wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
Being on the proper side of the Atlantic, I really don't get this beverage holder thing at all,   

Being on the improper side of the Atlantic, I also really don't get this beverage holder thing at all.

Being on the proper side of the Pacific (apparently Eastern orientation determines proper location), and owning a Gold Wing, I really don't get this beverage holder thing at all.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
I am Butlerized now  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:36 am

Meldrew wrote:

Of course the beverage holder is more or less exclusively an American thing, they're not a must have accessory in the UK or Europe, the one exception is of course the Gold Wing owner. They have to have everything the average US Gold Wing owner clutters up his bike with.  
   A bit of envy there?    alien    While it's not my cup of tea (pun intended), if it works for others, it's fine with me. Thanks to the OP for sharing.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:53 am

Hi Yo wrote:

A bit of envy there?  

I'm envious of is Dale's GoldWing. I still want an F6B.
Last evening my brother-in-law on his VLX600 Shadow and me on my Swing took a 150km ride out of the urban hustle and bustle out in the country. It was perfect evening with little traffic and perfect weather. We both commented how nice it would be with a big, powerful bike that eats up the road with no bumps, vibrations, or monkey butt. I'm not down on the Silverwing, just up on arguably the most comfortable, smoothest and powerful highway machine in production.

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:58 am

Cosmic Jumper,no I don't live in Labrador but I ca see it from here. LOL . I live in a small and there is no Tim Horton here ,but there 12 or more from 50 kl to 200 kl from here and it's my job to visit every one of them , to make sure the  coffee is less then 20 minutes old. Smile It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:12 pm

So what I've learned today is millions of Americans roll off to work daily with one hand only on the steering wheel or handlebars, because they're using the other hand to hold a 20 or 34oz insulated bucket of warm coffee holding the equivalent of 1.25 or 2.125 US Pints.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Meldrew wrote:
So what I've learned today is millions of Americans roll off to work daily with one hand only on the steering wheel or handlebars, because they're using the other hand to hold a 20 or 34oz insulated bucket of warm coffee holding the equivalent of 1.25 or 2.125 US Pints.

You can add millions of Canadians to your census as well. Just exclude me from your list. I don't even drink coffee, or tea for that matter. Just water, skim milk, and the occasional beer for me.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 pm

No Meldrew. That's what cup HOLDERS and MOUNTS are for  Smile 
We take are drinks when we are stopped in stop and go traffic (usually).
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:59 pm

As Rider. I think best to get off bike to drink. My longest one way commutes have been 90 miles each way. Always stopped in the middle of ride. Get older you have to!!
Back to top Go down
kenvb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
kenvb

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-07-06

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm

I carry the big Butler for ice water only. I dont drink tea or coffee anymore. if its folded up. its not big at all,  my annual trip to Nebrska means some 35c degree weather, I need ice water.

I am Butlerized now  2005Silverwingbutler2_zpsdb35742b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am Butlerized now    I am Butlerized now  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am Butlerized now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: