Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

left crankcase oil seal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

left crankcase oil seal Empty
PostSubject: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 am

Im attempting to remove the oil seal and my service manual has no info on how to remove the old seal .I removed the 6 bolts holding the seal in place and the 2 ring clips . the plate keeping the seal in place rotates but unable to pop the plate holding the seal in place.I don't want to pry to hard . Do I need a special tool to remove the seal ? Help would be appreciated  . Thanks.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi Tinman. First if you are removing the left cover this means that you have removed the clutch brake drum,correct? I would be interested in what manor you used to remove the drum.Second you should be able to remove the seal without removing the cover. By the way the cover has seven bolts.Page 11-3 of the service manual. I'am going to try and find the video,it is in Italian for you to see.   Howard

p.s. Check this out. It may be a 400 but it is the same for the seal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJqXC7QoaA4
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:00 pm

If you are trying to remove the crankshaft seal (behind the variator) then you must remove the entire left side swing arm. Unfortunately that requires that the rear wheel needs to be removed and the left shock unbolted from the swingarm. Don't forget the wires connected to the speedo pulser. The swingarm and pivot bearing along with the final drive gear box come off as one piece.

The crankshaft seal can be popped out with a small screwdriver or some sort of a seal pick. The new seal can be pressed in with your thumb. Be sure to replace that O-ring on the crankshaft too. And take note of how deep the original seal is pressed into the crankcase so that you can put the new seal at the same depth. Otherwise you may have another leak. DAMHIK.

It's pretty much a straight forward job, but awkward handling that swing arm and gear box assembly.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the rear seal, behind the clutch bell, then you'll need that special tool (or creative use of a 6" gear puller) to remove the clutch bell. Also be very sure about the seal that you are ordering. The parts list is very deceiving. Again, take note of the original depth of that seal.

Tim
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 pm

NWSSC,,Cosmic jumper , the oil seal is behind the variator. I have the O ring and oil seal . 13 4 shows oil seal but not how to remove it .Cosmic jumper ,I need to remove the wheel left shock and the hole assembly comes off to axes the seal from behind .I am replacing the rear tire for a new one ,so I don,t need the special tool ,for now, thank's for the info.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 6:56 pm

See page 15-4, 15-9 & 15-11 for more swing arm info.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:48 pm

Ok I manage to remove the diff assembly .reinstalling the O ring and seal was the easy part. I manage to reinstall the diff by using the motorcycle lift ,lining up the dowl pin 's to the right swing arm was tricky . Cant do to much until I get my rear tire change tomorrow .45 k kl on the tire. A big THANKS for your help.mike Smile
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:52 pm

I finely reinstalled everything back on .I change the engine oil ,but I ran the engine with rear tire off,. The speed sensor and ABS sensor was not installed in it's place yet. My FI light came on in the dash.After I did the tire change I put everything back in place,went for a test run 5 kl, and my FI light came on and now I have no speedometer  and the odometer stayed on 139 kl. Is there a reset button to reset. I drain the diff oil by the speed sensor hole when everything was remove . I don't know if it means anything. Please give some input .
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:21 pm

As they say in the repair business new concerns after a repair are usually relative to the repair. Did you have any problem when reinstalling the speed sensor.Was there any binding when tightening the speed sensor.Is there a pinched wire some where? Page 21-8 to 21-10 of the service manual gives you a fairly good procedure for checking out the system. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:55 pm

It's possible that the o ring might have feel out I will check it out in the morning .When I start the swing the FI light's up then shut's off.the FI light stays off at slow speed with no speedometer .at hwy speeds the FI light up with no speedometer. Tomorrow is another day I will try again. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:21 pm

I got nothin. Try removing and reinstalling the speed sensor and inspect the wire and connections
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:35 am

I also have nothing. Try disconnecting the battery for at least a half hour and try again.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:11 am

I did disconnect the battery, but only for a minute,I will disconnect the battery for 30 minutes. When  I did the engine oil change and ran the motor to fill the oil filter my FI stated to flash,the speed sensor was not connected to the diff . It might need to reboot .with all the other oil change done in the pass there was no need to disconnect the sensor .thanks for all your inputs.When I reconnected the battery I did notice that the odometer had re set to zero , but no speedometer.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 8:25 am

I disconnected the battery for a few hours ,and the speedometer did not and when I opened the throttle the motor cut's out,and when I release the throttle it came back on. I will now remove the left side panel and do a meter test .I think running the engine without the speed sensor in it's proper place ripped a relay.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:39 pm

I finely have my swing running.The 16 pin plug in was confusing there is 14 pin and the coloured whirring was confusing and difficulty i identifying the colours,on account of all the dirt.I had a friend  come over and stayed will I was reassembling it together.I must have been distracted and did not tightened the speed sensor, causing the speedo not to register the milage. I will go for a test run this evening. Im a happy again. cheers
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice to hear. Nothing better than finding an easy fix to what could be a complex problem.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 7:01 pm

tinman wrote:
I finely have my swing running.The 16 pin plug in was confusing there is 14 pin and the coloured whirring was confusing and difficulty i identifying the colours,on account of all the dirt.I had a friend  come over and stayed will I was reassembling it together.I must have been distracted and did not tightened the speed sensor, causing the speedo not to register the milage. I will go for a test run this evening. Im a happy again. cheers

Huh?..You had to do something with a 16-Pin plug to replace the crankshaft oil seal?
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 10:42 pm

My speedometer and odometer was not working.  I was to do system inspection 21 -8  21 -9  in the service manual . After that x OK ,I removed the trike kit and back wheel to retrace my steps.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:11 pm

21-8 is the inspection of the combination meter. There is a 12 pin and 16 pin connector to the combo meter. 21-9 is the speed sensor check. By disconnecting these sensors, voltage probing them, and then reconnecting them, he likely firmed up the connection or the probing process reset the ECU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: left crankcase oil seal   left crankcase oil seal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

left crankcase oil seal
Page 1 of 1