Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scoop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-07-21

MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade Empty
PostSubject: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Has anyone tried the MRA X-creen spoiler Blade on their Silver Wing and if so please list the pros and cons??? The spoiler blade is $129 verses $253 (retail) for the Givi AF214 and supposedly does the same thing.If this has been posted before, point me in the right direction.....thanks
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:13 pm

I tried a MRA on Burgman 400--stock screen=waste of money---Givi Adjustable made the scooter rideable------SilverWing spent/wasted money on Clearview/Cee Baily/Givi both adjustable and non-adjustable-----only the adjustable WORKS

Madstad possibility. If goal is to ride down road comfortable and quite buffet free....looking over.

Problem with current crop of maxi scooters is that your nose is TOO far from tip of shield. GIVI and Madstad go around the basic design flaw----scooters....Vespa with Vespa expensive shield cut to the right height will get you buffet free ride, with look over. I try to give Vespa a shot each year when I buy new bike......but lack of dealers/Italian parts service/goofy oil requirement/super fuel/10,000 belt life continue to scare me....but had 4 in the past and did enjoy the buffet free ride!!

Bottom line here: buy the Givi Adjustable and enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 pm

I would like to comment that with my height and long torso, the Givi standard is perfect for me .
I can easily see over the screen instead of through it , plus it's cheaper than the adjustable.
Just my five cents worth.
Back to top Go down
scoop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:18 am

Appreciate the feedback.....I also like looking over the windscreen rather than through it..I know the adjustable is just that,adjustable, but how much taller is it with the top screen at its lowest position and how high is it fully extended compared to the original John? And surlybiker58 how much taller is the standard Givi compared to the original? I am 6'1" with a 32" inseam....I assume that the measurement is taken from the key to the top of the screen.Again thanks folks!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 am

Set in lowest position about 21" from keyhole---works fine and probably no higher than original---but air management better.

Rode in Snowstorm the other day near TN/VA border----look over great.

Have played with height adjustment on HIGHWAY but stopping to monkey-----higher does nothing for me other than put my neck at funny angle to look over. Can hurt after 8 hour day.

Fully extended I have no idea---looking thru can get you killed----but I suppose there is at least 3-4" of slide up adjustment.
Back to top Go down
scoop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:12 am

Thank you for the response John.That gives me a better understanding of the height of the screen...I have not seen one in person and really had no idea....again thanks.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Thinking---about same price range....maybe Madstad should be tried----more adjustment possibilities..?

I have actual experience with many windhields/combos, use BMW air cooled boxer with Heinrich upper and lowers as---- base line for comfort/also vespa handlebar big shield current NT700V left alone up to 65 mph=fine--Givi Adjustable as good as going to get modern maxi scooter---I have owned TMAX, Helix 4,Reflex, Burgman 400 2 and now on second SilverWing---since people in the industry do not really ride everyday, buyers seem to have to figure out good air management on their own-----plus I bought all this stuff/used it to fairly high mileages....and ride/rode in all weathers. I buy all my bikes new, turn them into well used----buying new means I do not have to spend time un-screwing what somebody screwed up.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 2:26 pm

The Madstad works great for me.No wind in eyes like the clearview did.Tilted 58* is the sweet spot for me.Hat stays on at highway speed.The rain stays off hands now that the shield is wider.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 pm

I have never tried the Madstad so I can't comment how good it works. I do have the Givi Airflow and I think out of all choices it looks the best to me, and I know it works great for me. The Madstad pictures I have seen look like it could work Ok but as I said I think the Airflow looks best. It would be ideal if you could ride a few different friends Silverwings with different windshields to see what would work best for you.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:49 pm

I'll meet you in Sarasota if yah want to try it.I'd like to know how the givi is also.No desire to know about the stock shield .lol
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Scoop.

I compared my OEM shield with the Givi Standard (non adjustable)
The Givi is roughly 4 and 3/8 inches taller
It's also wider
Back to top Go down
scoop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks again for all of the input....I haven't checked into the Madstad.Thanks Surlybiker58 for the dimensions on the Givi Standard....Rode 185 miles today to go look a state park for camping possibilities.The wind picked up and became quite gusty and I was wishing at the time that I had something different.The wind gust was knocking my helmet around quite a bit.Not the first time though...I have never ridden any bike that I have owned that I did not have helmet buffeting.Must be nice sitting in calm air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade   MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MRA X-creen Spoiler Blade
Page 1 of 1