Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Different parts for different models?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RpiX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-07-20

Different parts for different models? Empty
PostSubject: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 am

Hey guys,

I've got myself a nice new-old 2012 SW-T600, judging by the papers it's a FJS600AB model.

I've put a few miles on it during last 7 months and it's time for 16K miles (24K km) service.
I went to a local Honda shop and they offered a price for a job which made me breathless for a while...
After a brief local market research it was clear that this is what you get for owning a Honda. And since nobody wanted my kidney, I've decided to get the parts online and DIY, especially after reading through almost every thread of this wonderful forum.

But I stumbled upon an issue: everything I find online is "for FSC" model. Nothing for FJS!
I figured out that FJS is an international model (it's mentioned in context of local Honda dealers in most of EU, Australia and Singapore) and that FSC is for American market. Do correct me if I'm wrong, it's just an observation.

And that's a question for the audience: is there any difference between the models? Parts-wise, that is.

I tried to get the confirmation at my local Honda shop, but they, as an interested party, were not very informative.

Oh, and another thing: is there any PN catalog available? I've got a service manual but there are PN only for "special tools needed for a job"

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
lalee
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2013-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:51 pm

I hope that a Silverwing expert will come along and answer your question, as I am certainly not one.

I believe part numbers are unique to the part.  Some things have changed though the years, but if it calls for a specific part number, then it would fit your model.  

I have an 05 and an 04 and used to own an 02 and they look identical to me under the covers and on the outside.  I am not an experienced with any ABS models, but I would think that is where some things change.  

When calling for a part.... the person on the phone first question is always, what model number because the catalogs are written that way, but I would believe that most of the part numbers are used from the start to the finish of the SW's lifespan of manufacturing.  

As many auto junk yard owners have said, most cars look the same upside down.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:33 pm

As you already observed the. FJS is a Euro model and the FSC is a North American model. Your screen name seem to indicate that you are in Illinois, how did you get your hands on a Euro model? The T-600 model has twin headlights, similar to a Reflex. Nevertheless ABS wouldn't make the distinction between a FJS and a FSC

You might try downloading the Honda parts manual for your year from ServiceHonda.com there is usually a page or two with VIN & engine #s corresponding to which year and which model. That may help you identify parts.

Tim
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 am

Support your local dealer---16,000 miles to me sounds like new drive belt an associated parts----one has to remember these maxi scooters are not cheap to own as the miles pile up---do own work, but use OEM parts and you will do less walking.
Back to top Go down
RpiX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 4:04 am

Cosmic_jumper: IL stands for Israel when it comes to countries, but as this is US forum, I'm sorry for cousing misunderstanding.

John: would you pay $400 for a belt to support your local dealer? I will use only OEM to support Honda, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:47 am

Hello mate, if you type Israel in the Search box you'll see there's another six members from your country on here.  Smile
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:46 am

Belt should be in the Area of $150 for OEM. Installed?? but at least hour of shop time-----if bike is perfect and not been monkeyed with.

Even though SilverWing has been around a long time many dealers are not so familiar with them AND some stuff book says to do, may not be necessary-----but belt is!!

I trade at no more than 50,000 miles---do belts at 20,000, usually end up with K&N air filter, real fussy on tires (do own work) don't worry about valve adjust.......but lots of clean fresh oil and filter everyother oil change-----but my bike(s) are in daily use and of course use cheapest fuel (reg)---my neighborhood pure gas is available, too.

Shop around but I'd stick with Honda dealers.
Back to top Go down
RpiX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:06 am

John: nope, $400 just for the part! That's the problem - monopoly is not to our benefit...

Anyway, my original question is still not answered... Maybe someone could ask a friendly Honda dealer, I'me sure there's quick yes/no answer to that...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 am

RpiX wrote:
John: nope, $400 just for the part! That's the problem - monopoly is not to our benefit...

Anyway, my original question is still not answered... Maybe someone could ask a friendly Honda dealer, I'me sure there's quick yes/no answer to that...

Can't you write to Honda's European HQ to inquire about the interchangeability of T-600' FJS & FSC parts?

Or check SWCI, the Italian Silverwing forum. Both the FJS & T-600 models are very popular there. The forum seems very active, and has a good technical archive. I'm sure you'll get better answers to your T-600 questions there.

http://www.silverwing400.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=83

Or www.swci.it

Tim

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RpiX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:14 am

Hmm, worth a try. Thanks for the advice. I'll ping back if I'll find anything there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different parts for different models?   Different parts for different models? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different parts for different models?
Page 1 of 1