Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Blind spot mirror.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

Blind spot mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Blind spot mirror.   Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:09 am

Like so many before me on this forum I went the Helix mirror and extender route to improve rearward visibility on my my Swing.They made a big difference and well worth the investment but there were still blind spots.Whilst trawling the net for some additional small convex stick-on mirrors I came across a UK web site selling a product called "Riderscan" This is a parabolic mirror about 8" across that can be mounted on a screen or handlebars and gives a 180deg.rear view.Their site has a short video about the product and I can say, after mounting it and using it, that it does what they claim. The designer goes to some length to stress that it is NOT a substitute for the normal mirrors/shoulder check. The product is of very good quality and easy to fit.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Blind spot mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind spot mirror.   Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:28 am

You should probably post a link.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Blind spot mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind spot mirror.   Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 10:07 am

woodworker started a topic about fitting the Riderscan mirror in December last year, and probably a link too.

I'm waiting for his post comparing it with another similar sized mirror!   Smile 

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Blind spot mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind spot mirror.   Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:52 pm

My Riderscan is gathering dust in my garage. I got put off by seeing myself in the Riderscan, like watching a video of yourself all the time you're riding. I prefer just better wing mirrors. I fitted a pair that came from a Burgman 400 and am well satisfied. Smile 
Back to top Go down
ericclapham
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ericclapham

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2014-01-30

Blind spot mirror. Empty
PostSubject: blind spot mirror.   Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:13 pm

As mentioned it is meant to be a supplement to the normal mirrors .I have the unit mounted on the lower part of a tall screen at the same scanning level as the bar mirrors .In use my eyes were more drawn to what was going on either side of me -in the blind spots -rather than my handsome self! Works for me . Anybody else interested,the site is www.huntercreate.com
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Blind spot mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind spot mirror.   Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Old Limey wrote:
My Riderscan is gathering dust in my garage. I got put off by seeing myself in the Riderscan, like watching a video of yourself all the time you're riding. I prefer just better wing mirrors. I fitted a pair that came from a Burgman 400 and am well satisfied. Smile 

I did the same thing and I am real happy with them. I can see much better with the Burgman 400 mirrors. I do prefer the black on the stock mirrors instead of chrome Burgman mirrors but some people like to clean chrome, not me. Also some year Burgman 400 mirrors have shorter stems than others but I'm not sure what years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blind spot mirror. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind spot mirror.   Blind spot mirror. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind spot mirror.
Page 1 of 1