Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bjkaraoke
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2014-03-08

Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?   Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 3:13 am

I have a 2004 Silverwing and am trying to work out how to and what type of mount needed to put a Sissy bar on the SW. There don't seem to be any made for it and Honda doesn't seem to have made many extras for the wing. I want to do some travel and would like to be able to attach a sissybar pack to it.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?   Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:22 am

Get a Givi Rack and box----rubber bags for passenger seat, Givi also has passenger back rest (really not good for tying anything to)hump" Bag---all this and keeping load low works and is safe.

Sissy bar would look funny on scooter and may be dangerous in moving tip over. I f you already have sissy bar pack-----strap/cord it on passenger seat---hope it is waterproof
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?   Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:09 am

If you get a Corbin Seat, the seat is made for a driver and passenger backrest.
They also have glovebox backrests.
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? Hsw_2
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? Hsw_8
Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? Glovebox_10
Back to top Go down
bjkaraoke
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?   Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:36 am

Does the corbin seat give you more leg room and allow you to completely straighten your legs
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?   Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:07 pm

If you mean is the backrest further back then the buttrest that comes on the stock seat, yes.
Corbin is a custom seat manufacturer, and will create yours to your specs, so if you want more padding for a higher seat or less for a lower one they will accommodate you.
The black bike at the top of the page is my bike. I'm short so I had the padding carved down.
You can see more pics of my seat in the album linked in my sig.

Also custom colors and materials, and I believe heated too. You'll have to check with them.
http://www.corbin.com/  Toll-Free Seven Days a Week:  800-538-7035
Back to top Go down
bjkaraoke
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?   Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:57 pm

Got the Sissy Bar on. Will post photos later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?   Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone attempted a Sissy Bar on the SW?
Page 1 of 1