Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

BMW 650GT Scooter

Go down 
+19
Greysilver
model28a
mopar/wing58
Cosmic_Jumper
mj80s
lalee
trouble1100
ScooterBJ
cotetoi
Deno070
GHM-PM
john grinsel
Old Limey
bigbird
"Hi Yo"
JeffR
Mudnman
Dimond
exavid
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: BMW 650GT Scooter   BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well I have another scooter again but this time it's not a Silverwing. I got a great deal on a used 2013 BMW 650GT. Used with 68 miles on it. I'm impressed, enough that I put my Goldwing up for sale today. The electrically operated windshield is a great idea, at 90mph on the freeway there's absolutely no helmet buffet. The machine has better acceleration than any 650cc displacement bike I've ever ridden. The 15" wheels do help smooth out rough roads and help the bike carve the curves which it does very well. I still like the Silverwings, after all I had two of them but I think the BMW is going to fit my needs a little bit better.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
scooter trash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-23

PostSubject: exavid I have 18224 on My 650 gt and I love it! Definately a motorcycle in scooter clothing.   BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:14 pm

exavid wrote:
Well I have another scooter again but this time it's not a Silverwing. I got a great deal on a used 2013 BMW 650GT. Used with 68 miles on it. I'm impressed, enough that I put my Goldwing up for sale today. The electrically operated windshield is a great idea, at 90mph on the freeway there's absolutely no helmet buffet. The machine has better acceleration than any 650cc displacement bike I've ever ridden. The 15" wheels do help smooth out rough roads and help the bike carve the curves which it does very well. I still like the Silverwings, after all I had two of them but I think the BMW is going to fit my needs a little bit better.
Back to top Go down
Lazyfox
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2015-04-07

PostSubject: Re: BMW 650GT Scooter   BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Lucky you, since many BMW scooter owners here in Europe feel like beta testers.
BMW scooters seems to have quite a few issues. For example chain. It is the same setup as in TMax, but the enclosure tends to leak and the chain has to be replaced at about 20000km from what I have heard.
My friendly Yamaha dealer told me that they never had to do any repair on TMax chain ever.
As a result of a several quality issues 650GT is loosing value quickly.

Some issues are reported here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/bmw-c-650-gt/bmw-scooter-recall.htm
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: BMW 650GT Scooter   BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:46 pm

I haven't heard anyone with a leaking chain case on the BMW scooter forum. There is a slightly annoying tendency for the chain case vent to release vapor which follows the joint of the case collecting dust making a dirty looking line around the top and back of the case. It isn't a leak and can be prevented by changing the seal on the vent. I haven't bothered because it just takes a quick wipe about every two weeks. The oil in the case doesn't seem to be going down after about 4,000 miles. We'll see about the chain when I've got more miles on this bike, so far no mechanical problems with it. Mine's a 2013 which is the second year of production and did have a few issues that BMW corrected. A couple of computer updates, a timing chain tensioner, there was nothing wrong with mine but BMW replaced all of them just in case since there were some that were improperly assembled. My dealer here has been excellent, but then he rides a C650GT himself. So far so good.
I still like the Silverwing, talked two of my fellow Goldwing riders into trying a SW. They each now have one and have their GWs up for sale. It's an age thing, the SW is a lot easier to handle when you're older than dirt like we are.
Back to top Go down
scooter trash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2015-03-23

PostSubject: Re: BMW 650GT Scooter   BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Lazyfox wrote:
Lucky you, since many BMW scooter owners here in Europe feel like beta testers.
BMW scooters seems to have quite a few issues. For example chain. It is the same setup as in TMax, but the enclosure tends to leak and the chain has to be replaced at about 20000km from what I have heard.
My friendly Yamaha dealer told me that they never had to do any repair on TMax chain ever.
As a result of a several quality issues 650GT is loosing value quickly.

Some issues are reported here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/bmw-c-650-gt/bmw-scooter-recall.htm

Over 18k on My Beemer and no chain problem.....or any other problem. I'm believing You are hearing some fairy tales. I have owned and ridden many scoots,and the 650 GT is s fine ride!

Last edited by model28a on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by model28a to put the message in the body instead of the post title.)
Back to top Go down
jerikostar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jerikostar

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-06-19

PostSubject: Re: BMW 650GT Scooter   BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 4:19 pm

I quite like the line but never not spend that kind of money, here in Italy since its release I've seen only in the dealership and never one in the street !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BMW 650GT Scooter   BMW 650GT Scooter - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMW 650GT Scooter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2