Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

how do you replace headlight bulb

Go down 
+9
Meldrew
Old Limey
Dimond
tarmacburner2
Leibniz
Opalsboy
Cornishman
DennisB
tankyuong
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb Empty
PostSubject: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:23 pm

do you have to remove the fairing to replace the bulbs?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi tankyuong

I scanned in the page of the sevice manual that had the instructions on changing the front bulb. I hope this helps you.

DennisB

bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb Pictur11
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Thanks but how do you get to the bulbs
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 2:32 am

Remove the plastic (Garnish) between the headlamp and the screen. Unscrew two screws on the rider side of the screen and two in the air intake. The plastic now needs to be eased forward, down over the indicators. I use the method in the pictorial video. Slide an old credit card laterally between the plastic and the indicator, the lift the plastic at the scren and tap it firmly forward until the hook disengages then repeat on the other side.

https://www.youtube.com/v/5uv2qyxA-AA

https://www.youtube.com/v/dwr2KRGv8ho

There is no sound but the process is obvious. From 4mins 40 secs on.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks, the youtube video helped out a lot and I added HID retrofit without taking off the fairing.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Hey guys.. I was wiring up the light bar lights yesterday and had to dismantle the scoot to the same degree that is described in the video and mentioned by Cornishman above. While I was there, I looked at the headlight and signal light locations. To be honest, to me it appears that unless you have very very small or agile hands and arms, it would still be very difficult to remove either. I admit I was involved with another project and did not spend a whole lot of time, but just a quick glance did not relieve me of any dread in that project in the future.

I had absolutely no problem getting the screen and the garnish removed. I did not even have to use the credit card as an aid. I got the whole thing back together... no tabs broken and no extra screws or bolts.

Do both bulbs come out the back of the fixture? Are they offset in direction or do they come straight back toward the seat? Do they turn easily? I have lost the agility in my hands that I once had and find it difficult to grip and twist in very tight spaces. If would held me to know specifically what to grasp and how to twist the fixture to remove it. I know this may sound like a stupid thing to ask, but hang around, I can and will ask more stupid than this. BUT, I do like to try to do things myself if I can. And I know that some Kind Swinger will offer me good advise on this.

Thank you Kind Swinger.

Gary
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:12 pm

Opalsboy, you need small hands to pull the connector straight back toward the seat by jiggling then pull the rubber boot off,then push and slide the spring that is a wire left and the bulb becomes loose.Your hands need to be agile for this.
Back to top Go down
Leibniz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Leibniz

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-08-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi there, I have some trouble to find which bulb should I buy. Namely, I have low beam bulb(xenon one) and want to put also xenon high beam bulb. In some threads I found that the right bulb is H7R, but I am not familiar with that, and I barely know what it means. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello Leibniz,

Silverwing uses standard H7 bulbs, I don't know where you got the information about H7R from.

This is Ebay UK, seller may post to Serbia.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7-55w-MEGA-WHITE-XENON-Head-Light-Bulbs-12v-CARS-VANS-LIFETIME-EUROPE-ONLY-/321182198050?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac7f36922

Hope this translates okay.

Силвервинг користи стандардне Х7 сијалице, не знам где сте добили информације о Х7Р из.

Ово је Ебаи УК, продавац може постављати у Србији.

Надам то се преноси у реду.
Back to top Go down
Leibniz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Leibniz

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Thank you tarmacburner2 Smile

Maybe I misread, who knows. Today I found H7 bulbs, for about 4eur, here in Serbia, so I'm gonna buy it.
I appreciate your effort for translation, but really, there is no need. I hope my English is not so bad Smile  There are some little mistakes in translation, but I like it  cheers
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Now this is a coincidence, again, two weeks ago one of the two bulbs in the headlight was not lighting. After struggling for ages to get my hands around the bulb holder, and failing, i finally managed to get the holder out. However the bulb popped out into the headlight nacelle and i could not get to it. I replaced the bulb and left the old bulb were it was. Two days ago on coming home my wife said one of your small front lights is not on. This was the other bulb. This one came out fairly easily. The first bulb cost me £1.25 from the dealer. On Ebay i got ten bulbs for £1.70. I now have nine spare bulbs. I hope i never have to change the main bulb!!Smile 
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:13 pm

I've had a bit of practice fiddling about in the restricted space behind the headlights when I was daft enough to fit replace the running lights bulbs with LED's. Both bulbs dropped inside the headlight reflector when removing them, and so did the junk LED's when I switched back to bulbs.

I'm quite adept at fishing both bulbs and LED's out of the inside of the reflector now, fitting the headlight bulb, the wire clip, and rubber boot, and it's worth getting your hand in there just to become familiar with removing and replacing the various components.

I recommend a good spray of rubber and plastic lubricant on all the rubber and plastic bits when you're playing about in there. It make the job a whole lot easier next time round.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Old Limey wrote:
Now this is a coincidence, again, two weeks ago one of the two bulbs in the headlight was not lighting. After struggling for ages to get my hands around the bulb holder, and failing, i finally managed to get the holder out. However the bulb popped out into the headlight nacelle and i could not get to it. I replaced the bulb and left the old bulb were it was. Two days ago on coming home my wife said one of your small front lights is not on. This was the other bulb. This one came out fairly easily. The first bulb cost me £1.25 from the dealer. On Ebay i got ten bulbs for £1.70. I now have nine spare bulbs. I hope i never have to change the main bulb!!Smile 
If I'm not mistaken you can get to the main beam lamp from underneath the fairing (above the mudguard).

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:38 pm

How did you get the little bulb out Meldrew? mine is still in there. the only way i can see is to take out the main dip beam bulb, i don't really want to do that unless i really have to. By the way i recently fitted the Givi Airflow screen, i couldn't stand the noise in my open face helmet anymore with the standard screen. I have to say the Airflow screen is a world away from the standard givi screen i had before, it's not as wide lower down and you don't need to alter your mirrors (they needed bringing in, so as not to touch the screen).Smile 
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:39 pm

You have to remove the main bulb and use the large hole to get at the dropped little bulb inside the reflector. The tool you need to recomove the little bulb is a 24" flexible claw pick up tool, they're only a couple of quid off eBay or from your local hardware store. You also need to get the bulb in a position so when you feed the tool into the reflector and open the claws over the bulb, it grabs the bugger firmly when you close the claws, then you can slowly withdraw the tool out of the reflector with the bulb secured.

It's a bit fiddly at first, but after a couple of tries you suss it the best way for you. Part of the reason the pilot bulbs drop into the reflector when pulling the bulb holders from their holes is the rather sticky rubber material they're made off. It squeezes the bulbs out of the holders just like your sphincter nips off a turd! Smile A quick spray of rubber lubricant works on the holders helps all future work greatly.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:10 am

You could take the entire headlight assembly out and place it in a 150*F oven for about 20 minutes. That will allow the adhesive bonding the headlight lens to the headlight assembly body to soften enough so that you can remove the lens.

That's the method used by some to retrofit HID projector-type lamps. Then you kind of do the same procedure again when you reattach the lens.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:23 pm

I think I'll try Meldrew's method,it is more within my capabilities. Thanks anyway Cosmic Jumper
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:42 pm

The flexible claw tool is very useful for other tasks including pulling extra wiring into place and retrieving all the nuts and washers that you launch into the inner parts of the tupperware !
Back to top Go down
Leibniz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Leibniz

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Dimond wrote:
I did a brief write-up that may help.  Here is the link,
https://www.silverwing600.com/t5150-headlight-low-beam-upper-bulb-removal-and-replacment
Thank You very muck Dimond, it is very helpful :arrow: 
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Light bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:47 am

The same way porcupines make love. VERY CAREFULLY.:lol!: 
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 am

This is all kind of depressing...  A headlight is a necessity and a wear item meaning if you have the bike a while you WILL need to replace it.

I am sorry but this should be an EASY job so that any rider can change in an Autozone parking lot at night if the da*n thing blows out.

Honda is not alone in this, many cars are now designed to take an hour or more to switch bulbs.  This sucks!

Back in 1982 I went to a motorcycle show on my CB750 and riding after dark, my headlight did a super-nova! Got REAL bright then died. Anyway, I went to a auto parts store and as it was a 12 volt sealed beam, I changed it in the parking lot in minutes... Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you replace headlight bulb   bulb - how do you replace headlight bulb I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do you replace headlight bulb
Page 1 of 1