Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge Empty
PostSubject: Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge   Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:53 pm

The 2nd day was like panic, woke up late and it had just rained almost all night long and the sky was covered with clouds and it looked like it had more rain to give. Needless to say I was in a hurry to ride up the coast and I decided at Lincoln City I wasn't going to continue up to Astoria. I finished lunch after 1pm and I took off for Troutdale, the start of the Historic Columbia River Gorge Scenic Hwy. It was still overcast when I got to Portland but at least it didn't look like the clouds were packing rain. Talk about culture shock, when I arrive in Portland it was in the middle of rush hour, ahh but not for me I thought. So I do what comes naturally during rush hour and start splitting lane and man those people didn't like it a bit. They were honking the horn and 1 guy tried to close the lane w/his 6wheeled Dodge truck. No courtesy at all, I guess they hate the idea of someone getting ahead while they're stuck in traffic.
What can I say about the Columbia River Gorge that hasn't been said b4. It was just an awesome
experience 4me. While there I visited the Multnomah Falls, The Bridge of the Gods, Bonneville Dam (it was already closed when I got there), Rowena Crest Loop. My day ended w/dinner at Cousins Restaurant and a good night sleep at Motel 6.
Day 2 slideshow.
http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/573421274LViSsp;jsessionid=abcTOBfX3go5B7lM-vMjs

Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge 2054006180101814636WevZot_th Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge 2044090970101814636yrqYea_th Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge 2814169630101814636yAsbll_th
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge   Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:08 pm

just4cruzn wrote:
So I do what comes naturally during rush hour and start splitting lane and man those people didn't like it a bit. They were honking the horn and 1 guy tried to close the lane w/his 6wheeled Dodge truck. No courtesy at all, I guess they hate the idea of someone getting ahead while they're stuck in traffic.

The only state where lane splitting is legal is California. They may have been upset with illegal lane splitting.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge   Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey James,

I think Bill is right about them being upset with the lane-splitting. It must be nice to be able to ride so much all over. I wish I could !! I can see how you wanted to lane split since it is just so nice and very handy. I bet they were thinking "what is this guy doing"? When I first got out to California I was amazed at lane splitting. I didn't know it was legal for at least a year but I have grown to love it now. Have fun up there in Oregon and keep posting pics. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Lane splitting...???   Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Where I live, there are no lanes to split... we do have a four way stop now... and there is a new flashing caution light just at the edge of town... but it is unusual for all four cars to get to the intersection at the same time....
Gary
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge   Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:32 am

James thanks for posting. - what a great trip.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge   Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oregon Coast to Columbia River Gorge
Page 1 of 1