Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2002 Honda Reflex 250cc ABS
by Scootn56 Today at 02:07

» New Swing owner in South Wales
by Easyrider Yesterday at 18:50

» New possible swing owner
by bikehiker Yesterday at 18:22

» Air Shocks
by Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 16:30

» Introduction
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 12:34

» Reply to Post is lost
by Easyrider Fri 20 Oct 2017, 15:10

» A bit windy
by steve_h80 Thu 19 Oct 2017, 15:23

» New Honda three wheeler
by cliffyk Thu 19 Oct 2017, 08:19

» Pin Stripes
by bikehiker Wed 18 Oct 2017, 19:19

» Converting Non Abs Rear wheel for tone Ring woes
by siataukreg Wed 18 Oct 2017, 17:55

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 Photos from southern Poland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John KoP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 8
Points : 2213
Registration date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Photos from southern Poland    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 13:21




Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2105
Age : 64
Location : St.Pete.FL.
Points : 5003
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 18:54

Is there something wrong with the rings or something to cause the smoke in the second picture?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2398
Age : 74
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 5814
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 21:38

Could be the onset of an early icy Polish winter and newly started engine not yet come up to temperature.

Shades of Gandalf, it's not every Silverwing that can blow smoke rings...
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2105
Age : 64
Location : St.Pete.FL.
Points : 5003
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 23:33

I guess I've been living in Florida to long I completely forgot about that cold thing. Embarassed  Not meaning it don't get cold here, heck it got down to 73F last night. Come February we may even see 30s at night. Hey I just realized there's no degreas key on my keyboard.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Surprise, AZ.
Points : 3205
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 23:53

Beautiful, Thanks for posting pictures of your adventure, reminds me of central PA.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2735
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 5324
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 02:00

model28a wrote:
I guess I've been living in Florida to long I completely forgot about that cold thing. Embarassed  Not meaning it don't get cold here, heck it got down to 73F last night. Come February we may even see 30s at night. Hey I just realized there's no degreas key on my keyboard.


If you have an iPad or iPhone press 0 and leave your finger on the key and the degree symbol ° appears above it. So drag your finger onto it and it will appear on the screen, for example 71°  Smile


Last edited by Meldrew on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 03:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John KoP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 8
Points : 2213
Registration date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 02:42

Thanks guys . It was a chilly morning and cold engine. That part of Poland looks very  much like central Pennsylvania. Pictures are from July. I do own a home in northern Poland, about 35 miles from Gdańsk. This morning temp. 32 °F ( thanks Meldrew for °) I have a way to keep warm .

More pictures from July and some from October last year.



And this is sun energy stored for a winter :


Last edited by John KoP on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 05:34

Meldrew wrote:
model28a wrote:
I guess I've been living in Florida to long I completely forgot about that cold thing. Embarassed  Not meaning it don't get cold here, heck it got down to 73F last night. Come February we may even see 30s at night. Hey I just realized there's no degreas key on my keyboard.
If you have an iPad or iPhone press 0 and leave your finger on the key and the degree symbol ° appears above it. So drag your finger onto it and it will appear on the screen, for example 71°  Smile


Or if you use Windoze you can get 71º by a much more convoluted route :
Start
All Programs
Accessories
System Tools
Character Map
First row,seventh down click on it,then :
Select
Copy
& finally paste it into your post .... º

Ahhhh,the legacy joys of Windoze 3 :lol!: 
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 174
Age : 67
Location : Troup, Tx
Points : 1715
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 06:04

69° here now in East Texas at 5:01pm. Just had to try out the degree thingy. Thanks for the iPad tip. Poland looks like a very beautiful country and a super place to ride.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1217
Age : 65
Location : Wickenburg, AZ
Points : 3314
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 08:49

The Bern wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
model28a wrote:
I guess I've been living in Florida to long I completely forgot about that cold thing. Embarassed  Not meaning it don't get cold here, heck it got down to 73F last night. Come February we may even see 30s at night. Hey I just realized there's no degreas key on my keyboard.
If you have an iPad or iPhone press 0 and leave your finger on the key and the degree symbol ° appears above it. So drag your finger onto it and it will appear on the screen, for example 71°  Smile

Or if you use Windoze you can get 71º by a much more convoluted route :
Start
All Programs
Accessories
System Tools
Character Map
First row,seventh down click on it,then :
Select
Copy
& finally paste it into your post .... º

Ahhhh,the legacy joys of Windoze 3 :lol!: 
Dang quicker to just write out "degrees" sheesh!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3107
Age : 68
Location : Salisbury UK
Points : 6336
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:00

Or hold down the Alt key and enter 0186 using the Numbers keys at the side; using the number keys at the top doesn't work.

73º

Doing the same but typing 0233 gives é, handy for words such as café.

0189 gives ½.

I have a list!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 3018
Age : 68
Location : Garland, Texas, U.S.A.
Points : 6050
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:23

º     é   ½   You knew someone had to try it. Thanks Mike. I like the pictures from Poland
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 541
Age : 72
Location : San Francisco Bay Area
Points : 2948
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:34

Nice 'photos' - Thanks!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1217
Age : 65
Location : Wickenburg, AZ
Points : 3314
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:34

86º

besamé

61 ½

It workee!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 3107
Age : 68
Location : Salisbury UK
Points : 6336
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 13:44

0188 - ¼

0190 - ¾



Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2105
Age : 64
Location : St.Pete.FL.
Points : 5003
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 19:45

John you live in a beautiful part of Poland. I think I will just spell out degrees, I don't have an iPad or iPhone or a numbers keys at the side and the way The Bern gave is so in depth that I don't think I can remember all that.

PS
The Bern I figured out how to pin the Character Map to my taskbar so I can remember how to use your method. Look out who knows what I may learn next. º » ¾ ¼ ë ^ ø
Thank everyone for the typing lessons.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 732
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL
Points : 3406
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Photos from southern Poland    Mon 30 Sep 2013, 20:17

66° in Chicago. Thanks for the tip. I use my I Pad all the time. Nice pics by the way.
Back to top Go down
 
Photos from southern Poland
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Southern Misfits Riding Turkey Bay
» Southern Cross Poker Run 2011
» Southern Cross Poker Run 2011
» Southern Highlands Motorfest
» Malton Forest Rally - Photos

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Riding :: Rides and Stories-
Jump to: