Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Got hit at a stop sign from behind
by exavid Yesterday at 23:35

» Disappointed in high speed hiway travel
by exavid Yesterday at 23:23

» First Canyon Ride on Silver Wing
by Pastor Ron Yesterday at 17:28

» Fuel Pressure Regulator
by codge Yesterday at 16:55

» New windscreen
by kbcmdba Yesterday at 16:26

» About our Paint
by janitorj1 Yesterday at 12:25

» two months since SilverWing traded
by bikehiker Tue 21 Nov 2017, 17:06

» Homemade variator tool
by cliffyk Tue 21 Nov 2017, 16:39

» Dr Pulley sliders
by cliffyk Tue 21 Nov 2017, 13:31

» Fuel gauge anomaly
by cliffyk Tue 21 Nov 2017, 13:21

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Fuel Filter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin

Number of posts : 1225
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Fuel Filter?   Sun 22 Sep 2013, 14:07

Sorry if this has been brought up already but I did a search and nothing popped up. Anyway, every fuel injected (in fact most vehicles) have a fuel filter to change. Does the SWing?

Thanks in advance. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Sun 22 Sep 2013, 14:31

Yes,
It's located in the fuel tank.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2104
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Sun 22 Sep 2013, 17:50

Not normally in need of service. And as Ofer said " It's located in the fuel tank."
Back to top Go down
Loosebearing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Thu 24 Aug 2017, 15:49

As my bike was standing for a while before I bought it, I would still like to know if it is easy to replace?

Any more info on this would be welcome. I've been using 95 Unleaded fuel for the last two years but who knows what went before?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Thu 24 Aug 2017, 17:17

Loosebearing wrote:
As my bike was standing for a while before I bought it, I would still like to know if it is easy to replace?

This is a fine example of the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

But if you insist. First you remove the front cover, the inner cover/floor upper cover and the tunnel cover --which may be easier if you also remove the seat first. Then remove the side skirts, the lower frame and the under cover. While you are down there remove the two lower fuel tank bolts. Then come back up and remove the one top tank mount nut (above the fuel fill) and unplug the wire harness at the fuel pump. Disconnect the fuel delivery and return lines and finagle the fuel tank down thru the bottom of the frame.

Now the easy part: remove the 6 or 8 nuts holding the fuel pump assembly and take the fuel pump out of the tank.

The fuel filter is the cannister thing. Luckily it is replaceable and is somewhat common to Honda Accords if it does not appear to be a part available from your local Honda motorcyle source.

Then it's a just simple matter of reversing the steps to reassemble everything --after you've repaired all the broken tabs you've discovered.

It's easier the second time.

I suggest a generous fuel system treatments with Techron fuel additive before going to the above effforts.

See FSM pages 5-82 to 5-88 for more specific info.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Fri 25 Aug 2017, 00:00

My 08 SWing sat for two years before I bought it. It had 1/2 tank of gas in it for those 2 years. When I got it home from FL I hooked jumper cables to it from my pickup without starting the pickup. It turned over about 3 times and popped right off and ran perfect with no smoking, backfiring or anything bad. Once I got all the parts on it to make it road worthy again I dumped 1/2 can of Seafoam in the tank and ran to the gas station and filled it up. Haven't had a problem with it at all.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   Sat 26 Aug 2017, 09:52

Dale N. wrote:
My 08 SWing sat for two years before I bought it. It had 1/2 tank of gas in it for those 2 years. When I got it home from FL I hooked jumper cables to it from my pickup without starting the pickup. It turned over about 3 times and popped right off and ran perfect with no smoking, backfiring or anything bad. Once I got all the parts on it to make it road worthy again I dumped 1/2 can of Seafoam in the tank and ran to the gas station and filled it up. Haven't had a problem with it at all.

Just my two cents.

Hi Dale N., Try Lacquer thinner Next time, An ounce to the gallon will clean up your Fuel system, Without the excessive cost of those fuel treatment products. I save used Lacquer Thinner, Strained thru coffee filter and into the Gas tank. One ounce per Gallon will do excellent Fuel System Cleaning, Also works with Carburetor's. Happy Motoring Lloyd 193. swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter?   

Back to top Go down

Fuel Filter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1