Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Installed my new Power Commander

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Installed my new Power Commander Empty
PostSubject: Installed my new Power Commander   Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi,

Well my wife and daughter gave me my birthday present early since we're on vacation now. So I went out and installed the Power Commander and then took it for a short ride. They install was very easy with the engine cover being the hardest thing to remove. Which wasn't bad at all really. Once the engine cover and seat were removed it probably took 10 mins to install the unit. All-in-all, it took about 30 mins.

I then took it for about a 5-6 miles ride on interstate getting up to about 80 mph and it really seems smoother. It is hard to explain but it just seems to purr along now. The SWing was very smooth before but I can feel a difference now. I had them install the European map on it for the installation. Bill, Honda-silver, sent me his map and I will install that after a few tanks of gas. I want to get a few tanks with this map to see what the gas mileage will be. Right now the way I have been riding i'm getting 48-49 mpg consistently so I will see what happens. But so far so good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Installed my new Power Commander   Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 7:16 pm

JeffR wrote:
Well my wife and daughter gave me my birthday present early since we're on vacation now.

They did not make you wait? Razz

JeffR wrote:
I then took it for about a 5-6 miles ride on interstate getting up to about 80 mph and it really seems smoother. It is hard to explain but it just seems to purr along now. The SWing was very smooth before but I can feel a difference now.

That was exactly what my first observations were ... until I could quantify with the MPG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Installed my new Power Commander   Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:49 am

Did you also enable accelerator pump utility?
Did any modifications there?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Installed my new Power Commander   Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:58 pm

gunars wrote:

Power Commander USB III ... I do not not believe the "accelerator pump" utility is/was available.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Installed my new Power Commander   Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 12:54 am

gunars wrote:

I'm not really sure what that is. Can you explain it to me please?

I just filled up today so this is my first time I've filled up with the power commander. I went for a nice ride where my average speed was 45-65 actual, and I went 55.2 miles before the first mark on the gas gauge went out. That is usually what my mileage works out to be, when the first mark disappears. So if this is the case when I do have to fill up then I should avg about 55 mpg. Riding like this I would avg 48-49 mpg, and that is when the first mark would also disappear, so I should get at least a 5 mpg improvement with the Euro map in the Power Commander.

After a couple of tanks I'm then going to install Bill's map and I will give my avg then too. I said once that the first 2 mods that I would do on the SWing would be the:

1) Taller windshield
2) J. Costa variator

Now I would have to say that my new choice would be:

1) Taller windshield
2) Power Commander

The PC just makes the ride smoother and I feel the mileage is a good improvement. Even though I haven't went a full tank I can already see that the mpg's are going to be improved a good amount. But I will get back to you all after I get a couple of more tanks and will record the mpg's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed my new Power Commander   Installed my new Power Commander I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installed my new Power Commander
Page 1 of 1