Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Air Filter replacement...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Air Filter replacement... Empty
PostSubject: Air Filter replacement...   Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 pm

ALL... this is a post that originally was going to be on another thread and I decided it belonged more here.... sorry if this is a little disjointed... but if you go the air filter pictorial and then come back here, this will make more sense...

Master Scoot... I am so glad to hear that you had an extra screw as well. That means a bunch of folks did or we were the only two that got the wrong filter.... :Not Worthy:
The reason I had an extra one is because the original filter has a ( I don't know what to call it) post with a place to screw into. The replacement K&N does not have that post. All of the other screws match up just fine. I also put that extra screw up for future use. I am waiting for someone to tell me the seat will fall off if I don't use it somehow. If it a source of dirty air that becomes a problem, I can plug it with something. It is on the inlet side of the filter, so it should not make any difference.
BTW Jeff... my filter was almost identical to yours as far as dirt... mine was just a little more, but, I have about 22K miles. As far as I know only 3 miles of that was on gravel roads.
Also, for anybody... there is a small rubber (again what is it?) flapper valve looking thing on the lower far right of the case. It appears to be some kind of vent. There is a small metal crimp clamp holding it on. That piece on my scoot is rotten. I need to replace it. My Swing is an 03 and the service manual I have is for an 02. There are some differences in the two models. The rubble piece I am talking about is not shown in the service manual I have so I don't know what part to try to order. Any one with suggestion? I took pictures but can't find my USB cable for my camera. Will post them later.
Gary
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter replacement...   Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Master Scoot... I am so glad to hear that you had an extra screw as well. That means a bunch of folks did or we were the only two that got the wrong filter.... :Not Worthy:
The reason I had an extra one is because the original filter has a ( I don't know what to call it) post with a place to screw into. The replacement K&N does not have that post. All of the other screws match up just fine.

I updated JeffR picture with a note here:
http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=11081#pid11081
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter replacement...   Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 am

Gary,

I can't remember if I had any screws left over either but it stays in place and works good. Glad the pictorial helped.

Bill,

That's a good idea about the sticker. I also read on the silverwing.org site about someone drilling holes in their air cover and they seem to have more power and maybe better mileage. I will probably do that the next time I open it up and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter replacement...   Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Changed my air filter today. It pretty much looked like the one in JeffR's picture, in other words pretty dirty. I replaced it with an OEM. Again the pictures Jeff posted really help. Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter replacement...   Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 pm

JUst to have a say on our 06 when I got the k&n there were no screws left over the filters that we get here in Alberta are no good as the frist rainy dad or damp day the honda filter just will not let air therw it so it then becomes k&n time ,when the filter plugs up the engine wants to jump out of the fram Air Filter replacement... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Filter replacement...   Air Filter replacement... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Filter replacement...
Page 1 of 1