Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Silver Wing is TOO good
by Greysilver Today at 20:37

» Just returned from 36-37 day trip
by john grinsel Today at 20:19

» FS: 2013 Black Silverwing 600 ABS in Central VA $3600
by drfrisker Today at 19:24

» Radial Tires?
by Sidewinder Pilot Today at 19:07

» Noise on Acceleration
by Scootypuff Snr Today at 16:41

» Brand new tires installed
by DerrillW Today at 09:42

» Reflex as a second scoot
by JeffR Yesterday at 19:00

» clutch bell puller
by siataukreg Yesterday at 17:52

» Front End Strip for Head Bearings and Fork Seals
by DodgetheRog Yesterday at 17:19

» Plastic Fading
by Scootypuff Snr Yesterday at 16:48

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Mon 29 Jul 2013, 16:50

My bike is not to close to my tool box. Can someone PLEASE give me the fat skinny the exact tools and sizes ill need for R&R rear rim I gotta replace rear tire. I had done it namy times but I cant remember the exact tools and sizes I need. Thank you for the help my winged brothers :-)
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 880
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:08

If you cant bring the bike to the tools, bring the tools to the bike!
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:13

that's why I posted what I did to see exactly what I need. Bike is on porch where and where I am is all sand in florida unsteady ground physically impared to walk numerious times back and forth from bike to tool box let alone I cant walk that far.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Mon 29 Jul 2013, 19:16

I know its 10 mm to remove the muffler but the exact socket size for axel nut and also the allan for the swingarm cover and then the bolts under the swingarm cover im unsure of unsure I think there 10 mm. so I put it out there to see what it is I exactly need to make my life a lot easyer
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Mon 29 Jul 2013, 21:02

Eddie have a look at this link.
http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/rearwheel/rearwheel.html
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2981
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Mon 29 Jul 2013, 21:42

Roger, that's the link I used, but I still had to walk back and forth to the computer to follow the directions. Smile  Thanks for helping a fellow member in need. cheers 
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Tue 30 Jul 2013, 00:21

Yes you may have had to go back and forth to the computer to follow the directions but you only had to walk from bike to tool box once. And I am very familiar with Florida unsteady ground. Smile
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Tue 30 Jul 2013, 09:56

awesome link perfect, all i need to know tool wise . its a snap to do 15 min off. thank you so much for the link my tire will be here tomorrow .
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Wed 31 Jul 2013, 20:54

Always good to hear from Eddie B!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2102
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Fri 02 Aug 2013, 06:36

Remember as muffler comes off----you might need a new muffler/exhaust packing. Be gentle. I keep on one on hand and or carry with on trips.

Factory shop manual nice to have.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Fri 02 Aug 2013, 16:57

John I have convinced three others with Silverwings I ride with to get a spare muffler/exhaust packing. You sent me one with the Givi Airflow I bought from you. knock on wood I haven't needed to use it yet but I carry it with me under the seat. I would not change a rear tyre or remove the muffler without having an extra one on hand. By the way thanks again for including that and the magazines with the Airflow.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal   Sat 03 Aug 2013, 16:17

thank you brother paul and hello. well the rear tire job is done in a snap I went with a perelli diablo this time. 20.00 to mount it imagine some jerk in new port richey wanted between 40-60.00 to mount it?? what a thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

da blingmeister with a tool question rear rim removal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1