Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Question on replacing start and kill switch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gizmoguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-06-23

Question on replacing start and kill switch Empty
PostSubject: Question on replacing start and kill switch   Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 1:09 am

Hello

My 2005 silverwing has a failed start switch that the previous owner bypassed.

I have the parts for replacing it which consist of the two switches and about 30 inches of wiring with a conector at the end.

I replaced my windshield recently and while it was off attempted to see where the wires go.

The manuals I have glanced at have not clearly stated which panels have to come off and I am how much of the bike has to be taken off.

I spoke with a dealer and they said replacement cost for time is around $150...

My other thought is to just cut and splice as I have water tight shrink tube and soldering equipment...

Any opinions one way or the other?

Thanks

Mike <><
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Question on replacing start and kill switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on replacing start and kill switch   Question on replacing start and kill switch I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:48 am

While I've had the front fairing off many times I've never particularly taken note of that right side wire harness. You sound as if you are pretty confident in your abilities so there is no reason why you couldn't cut, splice, solder & heat shrink those wires. But you'll have to remove the handle bar cowling first.

Good luck in reassembling those cowling pieces and getting them rattle free though. How can such a simple job become such a PITA?

Tim
Back to top Go down

Question on replacing start and kill switch
Page 1 of 1