Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 3:07 pm

» Hi there guys
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 1:20 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 1:14 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:35 am

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:58 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gizmoguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-06-24

Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... Empty
PostSubject: Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration...   Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello guys and gals

I was curious on capturing people's setup configuration for optimal ride since I am trying to dial in my towpac setup for most comfy ride.

Example:
Trike kit manufacturer and tire size
Tire pressure of trike tires
Tire pressure of silverwing
Suspension setting

What you might change for 2up riding vs 1up riding

Is there any other settings I missed?
Any hints or suggestions?

I look forward to your input.

Take care

Mike <><
Back to top Go down
gizmoguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration...   Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Here is what I have currently:

Trike kit manufacturer and tire size
Towpac with 12 inch wheels

Tire pressure of trike tires
Was at 32 per tire recommendations. Now 26. May go a bit lower.

Tire pressure of silverwing
Set to what tire says

Suspension setting
When I bought it was at 1. Riding with out trike I set it to 3.
Going to try 1 again to feel the difference.

What you might change for 2up riding vs 1up riding
No idea. Have not tried.

Down pressure of trike tires set so I can barely make the tires spin by grabbing and pulling up. This seems to handle best.

I tend to ride rather aggressive and in corners have been told one of the trike wheels is in the air. On slow street corners as much as 4 or so inches. Freeway not so much Smile

Later

Mike <><
Back to top Go down
IrishRob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration...   Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:15 pm

I installed a Yelvington kit for my wife last year and this year I have been riding it more than her!!! I keep about 40 PSI in the front tire, which is darkside rear bias ply scooter size tire, and between 24 and 26 on the rear tires.

I don't know about the 4 wheel trikes, but with the legitimate 3 wheel Yelvington unit you can take turns as fast as a 2 wheeler...it does take a bunch of practice and it is a push-pull scenario with the handlebars...no lean involved obviously. It is a "drive" not "ride" configuration. I have to admit though I have a Goldwing trike also and at first I had to "herd" it rather than "ride" it! I took the Washington State required Trike course and learned a whole lot. So, now I drive 2 Honda trikes.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Harleywld1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Harleywld1

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Trinity yelvington trike, major failure today   Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:58 am

rattle rattle clunk clunk BANG..
bolts sheared off drive sprocket, chain came off. down for the count. Bad day to say the least...
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration...   Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:29 pm

IrishRob wrote:

I don't know about the 4 wheel trikes, but with the legitimate 3 wheel Yelvington unit you can take turns as fast as a 2 wheeler...
 I would love to have you with us yesterday to put this claim to the test! One road was 40klm of a twisted hell road for cagers, paradise for two wheels. I was among crotch rockets at the time and had the swing at the max on speed and lean. IMHO i think we would be trying to find your smeared remains on a rockcut somewhere or waiting for you at the other end of the road!

I remember riding the original atv three wheeler, having to slow on turns to avoid the inevitable wheel lift. Theres a reason why those three wheeled atvs are no longer in production!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration...   Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Input on Trike setup. Share your configuration...
Page 1 of 1