Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 600 decal
by Loosebearing Today at 13:26

» Rear Light Bulb Access Covers, Rattle Fix
by mymuk Today at 10:50

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
by Murf Today at 10:37

» 2009 Honda Silverwing 600 replacement windshield
by Murf Today at 10:35

» getting closer to buying new bike
by john grinsel Today at 08:37

» morning all...
by mymuk Today at 08:29

» Did I change last scooter tire today??
by john grinsel Today at 07:18

» Motormate backrest
by BarryH Yesterday at 18:50

» roller weight
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 13:42

» Introduction
by Modernman1953 Yesterday at 12:04

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Hook up heated gear

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Hook up heated gear   Sat 18 May 2013, 16:18

I just received Gerbring T5 Hybrid gloves, insoles and dual controller for my 2009 Swing. Wanted jacket and pants too butt........ my size Razz not available at present what with factory location switcheroo and set up......advised end of may availability.

I will be hooking up to battery as others have but wonder given the cable thickness is there a best location to route cable under the seat to connect to dual controller at waist?

Is it necessary to trim seat support lip?
Easy
Back to top Go down
Disturbed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Sun 19 May 2013, 11:38

I ran my harness right through the opening where the battery cables go through. It was tight but fit.
Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Sun 19 May 2013, 16:00

Appreciate your response.

Okay so here's the thing..........Inside the under seat storage I have already run Denali D2 driving lights and I routed that harness to the battery from the outside following swing battery hook up and that cable was larger dia so little to no room there. Even so would that location then require an exterior surface mounted route to driver?

I also have a pig tail connection from the battery routed outside the battery box cover to the inside so I can hook up my battery tender when not riding.
I can hook up Gerbings gloves and insoles to the battery and I know I can route that cable thru the inside and back thru the pop out access cover toward tail but then the hook up to dual would be at opposite end of swing from my waist were dual likely to be.
Therefore I was hoping someone may have routed gerbring battery connect inside under seat and exit in front or just behind rider.
Easy
Back to top Go down
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Mon 03 Jun 2013, 14:05

EasyRider SilverWinger wrote:
Appreciate your response.

Okay so here's the thing..........Inside the under seat storage I have already run Denali D2 driving lights and I routed that harness to the battery from the outside following swing battery hook up and that cable was larger dia so little to no room there. Even so would that location then require an exterior surface mounted route to driver?

I also have a pig tail connection from the battery routed outside the battery box cover to the inside so I can hook up my battery tender when not riding.
I can hook up Gerbings gloves and insoles to the battery and I know I can route that cable thru the inside and back thru the pop out access cover toward tail but then the hook up to dual would be at opposite end of swing from my waist were dual likely to be.
Therefore I was hoping someone may have routed gerbring battery connect inside under seat and exit in front or just behind rider.
Easy

I just ran the wires for Gerbrings and also have large gauge wires that po installed to some misc jack, it was tight and involved some manipulation, but I got it through.
replace batt tender cable with Gerbrings cable, get adaptor for batt tender. I brought cable out through one of the holes for fuse holders, then just hung it out from under seat on side.
Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Mon 03 Jun 2013, 15:14

Thanks Stanly and Disturbed,
I disconnected the lot, taped a cord to the wires and rehauled them all again and while it was a tight fit I now have the battery tender connect and the heated gear connect outside thru the back of the battery box as well as the battery connect and Denali D2's.The heated jacket liner makes a bone chilling ride a toasty warm full face helmet wide smiling lark.
Thanks for the info.
Enjoy the ride,
Easy
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Tue 04 Jun 2013, 00:57

Easy,

My Gerbings connection is just under the seat on the black tupperware on the left side. It is a couple of inches in front of the left rear panel above the silver panel. Bob placed a surface mount in this area. Works well. There is room to put one there.

Hope this helps.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hook up heated gear   Tue 04 Jun 2013, 08:34

CathyN,
Thanks,
Will check out,