Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sonoran Desert National Monument

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Sonoran Desert National Monument Empty
PostSubject: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 am

Yesterday the weather was magnificent here in Arizona so my friend Robert and I decided to check out the above park. I left my house to meet up with him.

Sonoran Desert National Monument 1

Here is my SWing with Vulture Peak in the background!

Sonoran Desert National Monument 2

This is Verde Flat Cemetery off Vulture Mine Road. Established back when the Vulture Mine was in full swing (late 1800's).

Sonoran Desert National Monument 3

Met up with Robert and his Silver Wing west of Phoenix and headed south to the Monument.

Sonoran Desert National Monument 4

Here is Robert at the Gila Bend airport! We stopped to take a couple of pictures; they have two of these fighters at the entrance!

Sonoran Desert National Monument 5

After much searching we found the entrance to the Monument, supposed to be 4 miles out of Gila Bend... Try 25 miles out! PLUS to make it worse it is primarily an OHV park with no visitors center as of yet...

Sonoran Desert National Monument 6

We went in a little ways and the road deteriorated and got a bit rough for the scooters then we saw these signs. Hmm maybe not the place for us. We decided to cut our losses and head back to Gila Bend and hit the local museum!

Sonoran Desert National Monument 7

Here I am at said museum! In spite of what the internet said regarding hours the museum was CLOSED! Even the sign says open 8-4 daily as the 'net does but there was nobody home. Not looking good.

Sonoran Desert National Monument 8

Did take this picture of a cactus blooming outside the museum. Very pretty.

Sonoran Desert National Monument 9

Dang it all; it was getting hot so we decided to get some lunch and a brew and head back home! At least this place was open and the beer was COLD!

In spite of everything, the ride was incredible, mostly two-lane blacktop but some freeway thrown in as well. The Silver Wings ran great, smooth and strong great day with all things considered!!!

I put 250 miles on my machine and enjoyed every mile!
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 pm

Boy, I wished I was there to take that ride with you guys. Love your "neck of the woods". Later, Old Hickory
Back to top Go down
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 am

I'm not often envious but I really am now ⭐ ⭐ - great pics!!!
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am

Awesome ride! Took a ride from El Paso to Cloudcroft, NM on Sunday. Sucks to get to Alamogordo, NM (flat, straight road= booooring) but once on the mountain road to Cloudcroft, great time, twisty road and you can feel the temp drop as you ascend the mountain.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 pm

DarthJ wrote:
Awesome ride! Took a ride from El Paso to Cloudcroft, NM on Sunday. Sucks to get to Alamogordo, NM (flat, straight road= booooring) but once on the mountain road to Cloudcroft, great time, twisty road and you can feel the temp drop as you ascend the mountain.

Very nice... And the pix are where exactly? LOL
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 am

They'll be up, just being lazy today.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 am

DarthJ wrote:
They'll be up, just being lazy today.

Haha just couldn't resist!!! It does take a bit to post pictures on here.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Nice post GHM   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:03 am

Hi GHM, The Sonoran Desert is my backyard! I love all of it, plants animals, reptiles, crawly stuff - all of it. Unique in all the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonoran Desert National Monument   Sonoran Desert National Monument I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sonoran Desert National Monument
Page 1 of 1