Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Come back Bigbird

Go down 
+7
KurtPerthWA
DickO
eddy
model28a
tinman
JeffR_
tarmacburner2
11 posters
AuthorMessage
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm

I don't know who to contact regarding this but I'm starting this thread in a hope that members post their support in asking whoever owns or runs this website to get Bigbird back. I think a lot of people have benefitted, (and could benefit) from Bigbird's knowledge regarding the Silverwing and two wheeled transport in general.
So if you want to please add a post to this thread. If you want to say something negative go say it somewhere else please. Smile

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Tarmac,

It isn't up to me but I'm sure you remember the very 'passionate' discussions between Larry (bigbird) and Larry in Seattle. So I don't that bigbird will be allowed back unless he gets with Bill (owner) of this site. I like Larry too and spoke to him on the phone a few times and we had really good conversations.

But this site even got me to turn away when things were going bad. It just seemed like a big fight all the time. If anyone talks to Larry say hi to him for me and I hope all is well with him and his family.

Last edited by JeffR_ on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:56 pm

I also felt like giving up this site when thing were bad . I kept silent for a will.It reminded me at a time when CB's were popular and a lot of infighting.It's easy to offend someone when we are a Global community. A forum bring us together even if we might not see each other face to face .We all share the fame passion . We all come from different walk's of life .I for one would like to hear from them again but on a mellower tone .
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 pm

I will add myself to the list of bigbird supporters. chickendance
As for wanting to say something negative, I think the negative thing would be that he is not here with today. He has a lot to offer this forum. I think that that Bill could be a gentleman and remove the ban and invite bigbird back. The hole thing was all the effect of one person with nothing better to do than irritate people until he justifiably got banned himself.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:24 pm

You are putting blame on one person for his personal belief . If this forum keeps putting down those that don't think like the majority.Members of this forum will start to go down a path where it will become boring . The Swing is a late bloomer at the end of its life,and we are just now peeking interest with members of a younger generation,in this part of the world. Reduce the personal attacks ,this forum will be the better for it.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:

So if you want to please add a post to this thread. If you want to say something negative go say it somewhere else please. Smile
Cheers,
tarmacburner2
It didn't take long for your request to get overlooked.
tinman wrote:
You are putting blame on one person for his personal belief . If this forum keeps putting down those that don't think like the majority.Members of this forum will start to go down a path where it will become boring . The Swing is a late bloomer at the end of its life,and we are just now peeking interest with members of a younger generation,in this part of the world. Reduce the personal attacks ,this forum will be the better for it.

tinman
Who is getting the blame for there personal belief?
Who is getting put down that don't think like the majority?
Who is getting personal attacks?
I don't mean any of what I asked to offend, I just don't understand what you are saying.
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 am

I would like to see that BigBird came back.

Eddy
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:21 am

I too considered leaving this forum at the time when the two gentlemen that 'JeffR' mentioned were participating in heated "give-and-takes". I was really thinking that this forum was going to change to the point of disintegration. More than that, I wondered where I'd go to. Have been to the "other" SWing site but thought this one had been the best and just didn't want to go looking again. Besides, when those two guys did put out some concrete information, you could go to the bank with it, so to speak.

So I stuck around, going past all the argument and name-calling. My biggest peeve though was the indiscriminate use of foul language, or at least the incessant inference to such words (i.e., how many different ways can you use the "F" bomb without actually saying the word?) It really got tiring. Not that I'm a prude; I've used worse myself on numerous occasions but not on a public forum; never, not even close. This just isn't the place for it.

Still, if those guys could follow basic rules and not try to be Mister Macho, I think it would be great to have them back. At least that's my two cents worth. I must say, I've greatly enjoyed this site without people going "at" each other. The humor (humour?) and all the camaraderie have made this a most enjoyable place to frequent and learn about the Silver Wing.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:00 am

I might have chosen better words to express myself,but DickO manage to say it better. Like other members of different languages to express myself don't always come out the way it was meant. In my entire life I never put so many words on a key board with one finger. Smile
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 am

From the sidelines.
Certain people were giving others the goat about how highly they thought of themselves. It would serve no purpose reinstating any megalomaniac who puts down anybody for the sake of self promotion.

Since the removal of both parties THIS forum has gone forward again and, may I add in leaps and bounds.

If we the users were to invite this type back, it would be a vote of confidence for the type of behaviour that was displayed at the time.

I have no animosity towards either party, but believe it would be better if either were to apply to rejoin if they wished to rejoin. This way the basic rules of the forum would not be compromised and said persons would be obliged to modify their behaviour so as not to be confronting to any other user.

Unfortunately the make up of megalomaniacs dictates this to be highly distasteful to their character.

Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 am

Well, I too would like to see Terry return. But knowing the following:

- You can be a mega contributor that is not liked by the owner - Your participation will mean nothing.
- You can make a contextual innocuous (and invisible) infraction and get banned without a single notice or any communication.

My impression is that the owner has an agenda. I would not hold my breath that ownership will allow Terry to return, although I would like to be surprised.

Terry - when you read this send me an e-mail, I'd like to know about your new ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 am

I think you've pretty much nailed the issue of bigbird returning in your post.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 pm

I did not know either person in the altercation had been banned. I miss Bigbird's contributions, and looked forward to his advice, i certainly would like to see him back. There are some issues that really get under your skin, i know i had to stop myself from commenting(as an Englishman) on one particular issue recently in the UK section. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 pm

What irritated you in the UK Section? We generally agree on most things, we don't have a 'riding season' and accept riding in crap weather as part of the game, have no truck with this Darkside nonsense and can pronounce aluminium correctly. Smile

Last edited by Meldrew on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm

If anyone wants to contact Bigbird about this forum or Silverwings or riding in general he has given me permission to post an email address. He is still willing to share his knowledge which I know to be extensive on the Silverwing.
The address is bigbird1@outlook.com

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 pm

In the UK section every body having a go at England. Unlike you and i they don't realise we are, Lancastrians first, English second, British third and last of all European. I don't care for being called British when anyone from anywhere in the world can get a British passport, and call themselves British. Rant over. Mad
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Come back Bigbird 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Terry would be so happy that he can still stir things up. Smile Remember: Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:38 pm

Who else is Lancastrian on here, I'm not.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

tinman wrote:
I might have chosen better words to express myself,but DickO manage to say it better. Like other members of different languages to express myself don't always come out the way it was meant. In my entire life I never put so many words on a key board with one finger. Smile
tinman, that is why I said I didn't want to offend. I figured it was a language thing.
I also use one finger to type, that is why it took me almost two hours to reply to your post.(that and spelling and grammar corrections) Embarassed frustrated Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Who else is Lancastrian on here, I'm not.

I'm Cumbrian.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 pm

I no what you mean , when I first started to post,I sometimes pressed the send,before the preview then send and I would loose the post , until I figured it out. Smile One of these days I will figure how to post pics without the help of my pillion.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Smile Smile Meldrew

Im french Canadian slang, (comman sa va)( Bienvenue welcome)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Come back Bigbird Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come back Bigbird   Come back Bigbird I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come back Bigbird
Page 1 of 1