Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)

Go down 
+7
Chilliwing
"Hi Yo"
hotwings
GHM-PM
Duke1
Waspie
tracab
11 posters
AuthorMessage
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Empty
PostSubject: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 am

I had some film left over from the exhaust, so I decided to do the glove boxes. I did the left one first and took a few pics. Let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Fsc600d

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Fsc600e

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Fsc600f
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:54 am

Like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:30 am

you have done a very good professional job, they certainly look the part. What a great idea! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 am

Very nice! Thanks for showing us.
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks. I am working on the other one now and I will post pics when complete.
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 am

Got them both done and here are some pics outside in a high cloudy sun.

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Fsc600g

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Fsc600h
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Tracab is the material able to fold/bend over and cover the edges or did you just do the top surfaces only and not wrap the edges around lids? Was thinking of ordering a small roll off ebay ($6) 12"x50". It states it can be molded around tight bends etc. just wanted your opinion on this before ordering now that your the "go to guy on carbon fiber wrap" Laughing Thanks
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Hotwings;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0-KkEW8hT4

It's this easy!
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:57 pm

It is completely pliable. It is wrapped around the edges and trimmed on the back. I will post a picture tonight of the back. I wrapped it completely around the exhaust shield as well. You will need a sharp utility knife or Xacto to make slits to keep the wrinkles away on the corners.
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:04 pm

hotwings wrote:
Was thinking of ordering a small roll off ebay ($6) 12"x50". It states it can be molded around tight bends etc. just wanted your opinion on this before ordering now that your the "go to guy on carbon fiber wrap" Laughing Thanks

Just be careful what you order. It might not act the same. I am using a high quality film. 3M 1080 series #CF12. It usually runs around $20 shipped for the same amount. I have all the stats listed for the film on my post for the carbon fiber exhaust.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:20 pm

Tracab, I think you have too much time on your hands, but I like what you're sharing. Now you need to go out and do a test ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

"Hi Yo" wrote:
Tracab, I think you have too much time on your hands, but I like what you're sharing. Now you need to go out and do a test ride. Smile

Test ride to come in late March when all this snow and salt gets off the road. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Looks great on the swing with the painted plastic. More effective than a swing with the black plastic. However, I have just ordered a roll of the film from ebay, was also thinking of covering the outside of the rear mudguard ?
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks for the info. The ebay ad says its moldable with heat. Time will tell i guess. It will take about three weeks to arrive.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Waspie wrote:
Hotwings;

It's this easy!
It would be a good video if it wasnt shot with a 1 megapixel camera!!
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Here is a picture of the back of the right side.

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Fsc600i
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:30 am

hotwings wrote:
Waspie wrote:
Hotwings;

It's this easy!
It would be a good video if it wasnt shot with a 1 megapixel camera!!

There are loads more, you just need to google deeper than I did.

But here's one I found earlier. The whole bike. And it's better quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28BfPgPhm8I

Last edited by Waspie on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:36 am

So..... are you going to do the dashboard too?
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 am

That looks really good ,I would look good on the mirrors,and running board side panels . It would cover a lot of scratch 's. Smile
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:31 am

dspevack wrote:
So..... are you going to do the dashboard too?

I do not think so. That would be a huge undertaking. A lot of complex curves and recesses. These took me just over an hour for both. I kinda like the mixing of textures. Time will tell though. When I bought this, my plan was always to do the exhaust shield and the glove box doors. Now that its done I'm going to sit back drink some beers and hope spring comes soon.
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 am

tinman wrote:
That looks really good ,I would look good on the mirrors,and running board side panels . It would cover a lot of scratch 's. Smile

Thanks. The scratches on my exhaust shield is what started this journey. God only knows how far I will go with it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Granny Rides
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Granny Rides

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-21

PostSubject: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 am   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:18 am

Awesome....very nice! I got inspired and did my exhaust and gas flap. Question: Did you bring the vinyl to the edge or over it? Where did you cut?
Back to top Go down
tracab
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
tracab

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:23 am

Wrap it around then trim it with a knife. If you look at the pictures I posted you will see it trimmed out on the back. Good luck, it is a nice look.
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Looks great! i bought some of the wrap in a brushed aluminum look to cover the exhaust shield, but could see suing the stuff elsewhere. Maybe i should wrap the entire scooter in NEON GREEN! (no, not really)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)   Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carbon Fiber Glovebox...Stop the Madness :)
Page 1 of 1