Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The blessing of forums

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

The blessing of forums Empty
PostSubject: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Since the dawn of the combustion engine, people have been relying on mechanics to keep their rides going. Until quite recently, one had to drive his car / motorbike to a garage and hope not to be ripped. Wether it would be an official dealership or a scruffy 'all makes' workshop, one could only hope for a 'good deal'.

A friend of mine had a couple of 'minor' annoyances with his car: the tailgate would drop on his head while unloading, and in the car there was this never-ending high-pitch squeel, that drove him berzerk. He popped by at the dealer's workshop and they told him it would cost him over 200 Euros to fix the problem: two new gas-struts and some sniffer part of the ACC, plus an hour or so to replace the parts, plus VAT...

He asked me if I could help him out, so paid a visit to a forum dedicated to the car make and learned that the squeel could be fixed by removing a coverplate and then squish in some WD40. On the same forum I found an address for the struts.

I got the struts for 38 Euros (including postage from Holland), drove over with my can of WD40 and fixed both problems in a few minutes: the struts just clip on, only a small screwdriver needed to remove. and a telescopic broom came in handy to keep the tailgate open...

Thanks to the internet and dedicated forums, my pall saved a lot of money and I got a free meal.

Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Long live the forums

Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:08 pm

I agree completely and I love the you tubes as well!

I once had to install an adapter plug to the back of the stereo in my car and I was puzzled as to how to gain access to that area.

Sure enough there was a youtube video showing how to pull a hinged access panel down that feels like you are going to break it but it showed that you can pull it off without breaking it. I never would have tried that, even with printed instructions, without seeing it happen on video.

Saved me a fortune paying an "expert" to install a $10 adapter plug for aux input.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:09 pm

I can't thank enough, people like JeffR and Bigbird for thier illustrations and instructions. As i am in UK i would never had been able to gain this information otherwise, i keep a folder with all thier invaluable guidance in it. Also the one's that did the Backrest info and removing the wheels(front and back) I thank everyone once again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The blessing of forums
Page 1 of 1