Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:19 am

» What were they thinking?
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:57 am

» Hello everyone
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:41 am

» Low charging
My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:49 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clay_in_co
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
clay_in_co

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-11-25

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? Empty
PostSubject: My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?   My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:40 pm

My new-to-me S'Wing has a nice gap on the left handlebar cover where a previous owner had cut back the plastic for some farkle or other. I found this neat switch which will fit right in there:

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? FourWaySwitch

So now I have this neat switch (SPST) and a DPDT relay, and need a plan. I think I will go with something like this:

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? Fourways

I figure that I can use this as-is for fourways that will work with the key on or off, or leave out the flasher and diode (part with pink wiring) and have an auxiliary switch that will make either turn signal into fourways, only while the key is on. The dark blue wires to COM1 and NC1 (from the cut blue/black on the Honda wiring diagram) will turn off the half-intensity front marker lights, as the turn signal switch does. (For you riders in other parts of the world, the US version uses single-filament lamps up front, glowing at half-intensity for running lights and full brightness for turn signals.) Any ideas, opionions, reasons why it won't work or make my S'Wing blow up?

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? Dod_demon
DoD #2160
2002 Honda Silverwing
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?   My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:47 am

Nice diagram.... sure beats my pencilled out sketches.

Great Idea.

You may need to check or replace the turn signal relay as you may be doubling the power draw.

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?   My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Good idea. Where did you get the switch?

Dunno if you saw the link I posted last year for "For Way for $5 Bucks" but that might help you a bit;

https://www.silverwing600.com/t4711-four-ways-for-5-bucks?highlight=four+ways+for+5+bucks

Also, the OEM turn signal relay is very tiny and is part of the speedo/gauges ECU. Smoke the relay and you get to buy a new ECU. My sense is that the reason it is so tiny is because it is not designed to draw very many amps. Two bulbs on at once is okay, four bulbs on for too long of a time my be the smoke test you are hoping to avoid.

I'd opt to use a secondary relay. Novita Technologies (Tridon) has a couple of inexpensive flashers available --check your local auto parts store.

Good luck

Tim
Back to top Go down
clay_in_co
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
clay_in_co

PostSubject: Re: My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?   My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Good idea. Where did you get the switch?

Dunno if you saw the link I posted last year for "For Way for $5 Bucks" but that might help you a bit;

https://www.silverwing600.com/t4711-four-ways-for-5-bucks?highlight=four+ways+for+5+bucks

Also, the OEM turn signal relay is very tiny and is part of the speedo/gauges ECU. Smoke the relay and you get to buy a new ECU. My sense is that the reason it is so tiny is because it is not designed to draw very many amps. Two bulbs on at once is okay, four bulbs on for too long of a time my be the smoke test you are hoping to avoid.

I'd opt to use a secondary relay. Novita Technologies (Tridon) has a couple of inexpensive flashers available --check your local auto parts store.

Good luck

Tim

Got the switch here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170962594847?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I was thinking of actually using another flasher for the fourways, but instead of using the relay for the lights, doing the two diode method and using that side of the relay to cut out the power from the turn signal relay. That should prevent any problems from having both circuits energized at the same time.

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? Fourways2
Back to top Go down
clay_in_co
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
clay_in_co

PostSubject: Re: My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?   My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:09 pm

It is done. I went by the most recent diagram, using the relay to disable the turn signals and running lights when the fourways are on. I put the relay behind the headlight with the horns and their relay, and the flasher and diodes in the back, next to the taillight connector. Works great. (Never mind the dust. It's a side-effect of living here on the Front Range. And the velcro came from the previous owner.)

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? Fort%2520Lupton-20130119-00118
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?   My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Gol-ly!, looks like a Factory installation to me. Sweet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?   My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My FourWays Plan, Whad'ya Think?
Page 1 of 1