Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 8:07 am

» Hi there guys
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 6:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 6:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Edgar Allan Poe did it again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

Edgar Allan Poe did it again Empty
PostSubject: Edgar Allan Poe did it again   Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:20 am

I am an avid reader. Getting into bed early with a book is one of my favourite pastimes.

Over the last couple of months, I have read the complete collection of Edgar Allan Poe's novels in a Dutch translation. (For you that might be difficult to read, for me it's more easy than the English versions, simply because it's my native language...)

I've learned to known Poe's work in 1979, when I was in the army and bought ... a record by the Allen Parsons' Project: 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination'. That piece of vinyl made me curious about Poe, and I've been hooked ever since.

So every now and then I grab one of his books and start reading. This Autumn turned into a Poe Marathon, like I already said, re-reading all of his novels (once again)

I then decided to go for the 'original', went to the local library and got hold of a copy of 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination', a Wordsworth Classic edition. I reckoned it would be easier to read in English after having read his stories in Dutch. Any unfamiliar word would fill in by itself, since I already knew the storylines.

I was in the mids of 'Facs In The Case Of M. Valdemar' when -to my great surprise- I found a ten Pound note, that a previous reader must have been using as a bookmark.

Now how's that for a Tale of Mystery and Imagination? Edgar Allan Poe did it again, 163 years after his death!

Edgar Allan Poe did it again 2eq59wo
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe did it again   Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 am

Don't be surprised if you get messages from the Scots members of the forum all claiming that the tenner is theirs! Wink
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe did it again   Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:05 am

Meldrew wrote:
Don't be surprised if you get messages from the Scots members of the forum all claiming that the tenner is theirs! Wink

I'll be glad to return it to the righful owner... if somebody claims the correct serial number Twisted Evil
(= not the one on the pic)
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe did it again   Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 am

I'll give you five euros for it, but you will have to pay postage to UK. Smile

Offer valid only if Charles Darwin is on the reverse.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe did it again   Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:29 am

For me this find is a genuine reason to ride to Calais (only 60 miles from home) and get on board a ferry to Dover ;-)

Have to wait till next Spring, I suppose. 'cause no fun in doing it now: cold, wet, foggy, etc...

I had the 'last ride of the year' earlier today - managed to hit the ton as a kind of celebration. Pretty 'cool' ride it was, @ 4°C / 32°F.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Edgar Allan Poe did it again 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe did it again   Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 am

I wondered where that bookmark got off to. Poe, the man, is almost as interesting as his works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe did it again   Edgar Allan Poe did it again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edgar Allan Poe did it again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: